Stating Sanchez is the right move

AFJF

Aside from a couple of lost practice reps to Brunell in order to send a message, it's safe to say we've never seen Mark Sanchez playing for his job. I like the idea of Sanchez going in to a game to see how he responds, knowing that another one of his horrible peformances will mean getting pulled. Will this be the "push" he needs to get his sh*t together? I don't know, but we're going to find out. Now...if the Jets get completely shut down on offense again, and he throws a pick or two and they DON'T pull him....then I'll be melting down with the rest of you.

I'm with you. I was hoping to see McElroy, but at the same time I was wondering if Rex started Mark, how he would respond. You have to be curious. Everyone will be watching to see if he steps up or flops, and then when Rex yanks him. Either way it should be interesting to see.

My point is this, from a purely entertainment perspective...

Let's say Sanchez goes out there and beats JAX, like he should... where do we stand after that?

Now let's say McElroy goes out there and beats JAX, where do we stand after that?

For purely entertainment purposes, which is all that I feel we have left for this year, McElroy starting would be much more enjoyable than Sanchez starting. We're not winning a free sandwich this year, let alone a playoff game... At least give us some damn entertainment.

Aside from a couple of lost practice reps to Brunell in order to send a message, it's safe to say we've never seen Mark Sanchez playing for his job. I like the idea of Sanchez going in to a game to see how he responds, knowing that another one of his horrible peformances will mean getting pulled. Will this be the "push" he needs to get his sh*t together? I don't know, but we're going to find out. Now...if the Jets get completely shut down on offense again, and he throws a pick or two and they DON'T pull him....then I'll be melting down with the rest of you.

He will fold and crumble like a patio chair as I descend upon it.

Yea it's the right move for a Jets fan who will NOT be watching the game...who WOULD have been tuning in if it WASN'T Sanchez starting. This just goes to show the gutlessness of the owner who actually WANTED Sanchez benched and GMAC playing-I guess he has no say...I know if 'I' owned a team and wanted someone else representing MY team at QB then that guy WOULD be playing regardless of what some idiot coach had to say about it. That's Woody for you-driving lifetime Jets fans away at a radid rate.

Even if Sanchez goes out and plays well against a few terrible teams, what does that really prove other than the give the FO a reason to do nothing and come back with this game brutal team...

You have a valid point, and this is why the SD game is big for Sanchez. It's the only remaining game against a solid pass defense. SD is #9 in the NFL vs. the pass. Let's see how he does against them if he plays as well as he "should" in the games leading up to that.

I'm hoping the Jags mash his face in.

yea all of those years that we have watched Jets QBs go down for the season you'd think it would happen JUST ONCE when you wish that it would. Our luck though would be Gmac starting and it being him to get hurt-Jets luck bro-it's unprecedented

He will fold and crumble like a patio chair as I descend upon it.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. But the right thing to do, is to see how he does with a legit shot at being pulled.

12-27 112 yards, 1TD 1pick and a fumble the Jets recover this time.

Rex will claim Jets is back and the Jets are in the hunt for the post season. Once again Sanchez with LOVE his chances.

Well, that won't get it done. I don't even think that beats Jax.

The bad news though is NOTHING MATTERS ANYWAY because of that fecking contract that Tannenbaum gave him-we're stuck with this loser no matter what-and why? Because of money-one hell of a reason to ruin your team-a fecking contract that you can't get out of

The bad news though is NOTHING MATTERS ANYWAY because of that fecking contract that Tannenbaum gave him-we're stuck with this loser no matter what-and why? Because of money-one hell of a reason to ruin your team-a fecking contract that you can't get out of

BUT BUT BUT, He's a master with the Cap!!!

Will this be the "push" he needs to get his sh*t together? I don't know, but we're going to find out. Now...if the Jets get completely shut down on offense again, and he throws a pick or two and they DON'T pull him....then I'll be melting down with the rest of you.

this is the storyline of the game. And if they pull him this week it might be for Tim instead of Greg. End of the day the Jets still don't have better options than Mark.

this is the storyline of the game. And if they pull him this week it might be for Tim instead of Greg. End of the day the Jets still don't have better options than Mark.

No I refuse to buy this premise anymore Matt-McElroy WON the game-Sanchez was about to blow it. Sanchez is NOT the best option. I have more confidence that the Jets team would respond better to Greg McElroy vs Jax. Three 3 and outs in a row and the defense will stop believing.Tebow too could guarantee us a win Sunday down here-I can easily see Sanchez losing this game.

No I refuse to buy this premise anymore Matt-McElroy WON the game-Sanchez was about to blow it. Sanchez is NOT the best option. I have more confidence that the Jets team would respond better to Greg McElroy vs Jax. Three 3 and outs in a row and the defense will stop believing.Tebow too could guarantee us a win Sunday down here-I can easily see Sanchez losing this game.

McElroy didn't win that game. He just stopped losing it. The Jets were kicking the sh*t out of that team all day. QB play considerably below lame and it was a cakewalk.

That alone makes him better than Sanchez at this point.

It was so obvios how the team and the stadium came alive after the benching--I'm so sick of this team-THIS Jets team, led by THIS head coach and THIS GM and THIS gutless owner-I'm telling you they are driving away lifetime Jets fans at a high rate-I know exactly how Fireman Ed feels

Even if Sanchez goes out and plays well against a few terrible teams, what does that really prove other than the give the FO a reason to do nothing and come back with this game brutal team...

Sadly you are correct. A complete meltdown the rest of the way followed by a overhaul of the FO is probably the best thing that could have happened. Sanchez will probaly chew up the JAX secondary.

It was so obvios how the team and the stadium came alive after the benching--I'm so sick of this team-THIS Jets team, led by THIS head coach and THIS GM and THIS gutless owner-I'm telling you they are driving away lifetime Jets fans at a high rate-I know exactly how Fireman Ed feels

Not only does the team stink, but it's become boring, too. You get the feeling that they're all just punching the clock.

I like the idea of Sanchez going in to a game to see how he responds, knowing that another one of his horrible performances will mean getting pulled.

I think this could be a better test than many are anticipating, bro. Henne to some degree has his career on the line too after putting up bad numbers in crappy weather last week. But he has been clicking well with some bonafide targets and there's a good chance we'll need to score more than what we've avg'd. So even tho J'ville is 28th passing yards given - it still can be a decent test if we have to come from behind. Actually I'm anticipating a Kyle Wilson expose fest.

Rex had to do this with the chance to make the post season still a possibility. But If Marky Mark poops himself early and often and Rex doesn't pull him for McEl - that's when I quit watching.

I can't believe what I am reading, I just couldn't imagine them playing Sanchez. He has been here for 4 years, what is left to learn. About he responds after being pulled???? Are you kidding?? What great QB that leads a team to a Super Bowl was once tested to see how he performed afte being pulled. And what if he plays ok, then he plays next week? Whay if he isnt completely horrible against 4 below average football teams? Do you actually want him back? I was looking forward to seeing how McElroy did after a week of reps with the first team. I have no desire to Sanchez again ever, let alone this week. We could end this season, if we don't play McElroy at some point, not having a QB on our roster that its known if he can play in the NFL. Good luck attracting a high level coach with that friggin sh*t storm. This is a joke and I love this team and I respect its fans that have suffered, like me, for years. but defending this is BS.

Archived