Stating Sanchez is the right move

AFJF

the biggest problem is that this game is almost impossible to lose. sanchez will look fine and yippeee............ /cry

Really? Almost impossible to lose? If they play like they did against Arizona theyll get the sh*t kicked out of them.

I think this could be a better test than many are anticipating, bro. Henne to some degree has his career on the line too after putting up bad numbers in crappy weather last week. But he has been clicking well with some bonafide targets and there's a good chance we'll need to score more than what we've avg'd. So even tho J'ville is 28th passing yards given - it still can be a decent test if we have to come from behind. Actually I'm anticipating a Kyle Wilson expose fest.

Rex had to do this with the chance to make the post season still a possibility. But If Marky Mark poops himself early and often and Rex doesn't pull him for McEl - that's when I quit watching.

I some what agree with this, if the Jets go 3, and out a bunch of times, Jax will put up some points, Shorts, or Blackmon will abuse K Wilson on enough plays for the Jets to give up points. But if the Jets play this game the way they played the Colts game, 40+ rushes for 250 yards, and control the clock, and don't let Sanchez even be a factor then it will be a disturbing false hope, pound your chest, HERE COME THE M'FN JETS BABY, from Rex, after we win the game like 27-13, that is the worst case scenario if you wan't this thing to blow up, but if your a Jets fan who wants to have some life left in their team with a win this week no matter who is behind center, and a Pitt, and Cincy loss, then hope for this scenario. I have run across both on this forum this week, and the I hope they sh*t the bed fan is by far the majority, kinda sucks, but at the same time I get it, I am a fan of the Jets.

he threw the winningTD pass-he won the game period

The Jags are crappy enough to allow for a 13 for 20 128 yard 1 TD 1 INT lipsticking of the pig victory just enough to start Pick 6 again. There is nothing the be gained. This is a prelude to a housecleaning.

At this point a wise coach, one that cared more about his future with this franchise and with any other team in the future would at least see what McElroy can do. Ryan refusing to cut bait on Sanchez is going to end his career as a NFL head coach. Sanchez is a mistake. Playing him even one more down is throwing good money, no matter how effed up the 2013 cap is, after bad.

We all wondered why the Ravens hired John Harbaugh over Ryan, why he was passed over. Now we know why.He cannot see the big picture and he allows sentiment to cloud his decisions. Every time he babbles about "Sanchez gives us the best chance to win" or some other such tripe proves he's either delusional or an idiot. And I admit, desptie the weird stuff, Ryan is still a very smart defensive coach in many ways. But his personal loyalty to nonhackers is going to cost him this job and any others. An extreme example-Parcells and Bellicheat would put up with LT showing up for practice high and handcuffed in the back of a patrol car-as long as he was LT on Sunday. When you start extending leeway to players who don't produce you will breed more slacking.There's no cost to sucking.

And I suspect with the defense more discouragement. Thius may not be a great defense and it has some big holes. But when you ask it week after week to make up for 2 or 3 or 4 killer turnovers, they have to get down. There was a real electricity when McElroy took over. May be it would be fool's good. But even that would be better than watching this sheetheel make a mess again.

The Jags are crappy enough to allow for a 13 for 20 128 yard 1 TD 1 INT lipsticking of the pig victory just enough to start Pick 6 again. There is nothing the be gained. This is a prelude to a housecleaning.

At this point a wise coach, one that cared more about his future with this franchise and with any other team in the future would at least see what McElroy can do. Ryan refusing to cut bait on Sanchez is going to end his career as a NFL head coach. Sanchez is a mistake. Playing him even one more down is throwing good money, no matter how effed up the 2013 cap is, after bad.

We all wondered why the Ravens hired John Harbaugh over Ryan, why he was passed over. Now we know why.He cannot see the big picture and he allows sentiment to cloud his decisions. Every time he babbles about "Sanchez gives us the best chance to win" or some other such tripe proves he's either delusional or an idiot. And I admit, desptie the weird stuff, Ryan is still a very smart defensive coach in many ways. But his personal loyalty to nonhackers is going to cost him this job and any others. An extreme example-Parcells and Bellicheat would put up with LT showing up for practice high and handcuffed in the back of a patrol car-as long as he was LT on Sunday. When you start extending leeway to players who don't produce you will breed more slacking.There's no cost to sucking.

And I suspect with the defense more discouragement. Thius may not be a great defense and it has some big holes. But when you ask it week after week to make up for 2 or 3 or 4 killer turnovers, they have to get down. There was a real electricity when McElroy took over. May be it would be fool's good. But even that would be better than watching this sheetheel make a mess again.

OK I have one for you, the Jets go, and win the next 4 games, and run the ball 40 times each game, and the QB never has to throw the ball more than 10-15 times like the Colts game, and the Cowboys actually come alive, and beat both Cincy, and Pitt the next 2 weeks, and the winner of the Cincy, Pitt game loses 1 more game (lets call the winner of this game the Bengals for playoff tie breaker purposes), now the Jets are tied for the last WC spot with both Cincy, and Pitt, Cincy holds tiebreaker on Pitt, and we hold tiebreaker on Cincy, so in this case the Jets would get the playoff birth.

In that wild, zany, very very very unlikely scenario happening, the Jets have to go into Denver to play Peyton Manning, and we will have to throw the ball to win, and I am also assuming you could get yourself even a little excited for a Jets playoff game, regardless of the truths you know. My question to you is of the 3 QB's on the Jets roster, which would you want to start, taking into account who would give you the best chance to win a game that the other team is going to score 24+ on you, and you will have to throw the ball early to try, and score to stay in the game, and not get down by 2+ scores making offense for any non elite QB miserable. Who is your choice in that scenario? I know I am taking Sanchez here, and I am doing that because I know he can get hot from time to time, and pass the ball well enough to win this game, would I expect him to? Hell No! But I also know there is no chance in hell that Tebow, or Mac could beat Manning in his own building in that type of game. Sanchez gives you like a 10% chance of winning that game, and I think Tebow, or Mac give you 0-5%.

OK I have one for you, the Jets go, and win the next 4 games, and run the ball 40 times each game, and the QB never has to throw the ball more than 10-15 times like the Colts game, and the Cowboys actually come alive, and beat both Cincy, and Pitt the next 2 weeks, and the winner of the Cincy, Pitt game loses 1 more game (lets call the winner of this game the Bengals for playoff tie breaker purposes), now the Jets are tied for the last WC spot with both Cincy, and Pitt, Cincy holds tiebreaker on Pitt, and we hold tiebreaker on Cincy, so in this case the Jets would get the playoff birth.

In that wild, zany, very very very unlikely scenario happening, the Jets have to go into Denver to play Peyton Manning, and we will have to throw the ball to win, and I am also assuming you could get yourself even a little excited for a Jets playoff game, regardless of the truths you know. My question to you is of the 3 QB's on the Jets roster, which would you want to start, taking into account who would give you the best chance to win a game that the other team is going to score 24+ on you, and you will have to throw the ball early to try, and score to stay in the game, and not get down by 2+ scores making offense for any non elite QB miserable. Who is your choice in that scenario? I know I am taking Sanchez here, and I am doing that because I know he can get hot from time to time, and pass the ball well enough to win this game, would I expect him to? Hell No! But I also know there is no chance in hell that Tebow, or Mac could beat Manning in his own building in that type of game. Sanchez gives you like a 10% chance of winning that game, and I think Tebow, or Mac give you 0-5%.

See i reject the idea that to beat a elite QB you have to be in a shoot out with him. Thats the thing that makes a elite QB and elite QB ability to put points up on the board. If you are gonna say brady and sanchez whoever puts up the most points wins go at it sanchez will lose every single time. Heck almost every QB would. Id probably take tebow in this matchup against brady, hopefully hold onto the ball most of the game and with a rested defense pray to god they go hard for a short amount of time and stop brady.

your not gonna beat an elite QB at an elite QB's game. You gotta change it and keep the ball out of his hands

See i reject the idea that to beat a elite QB you have to be in a shoot out with him. Thats the thing that makes a elite QB and elite QB ability to put points up on the board. If you are gonna say brady and sanchez whoever puts up the most points wins go at it sanchez will lose every single time. Heck almost every QB would. Id probably take tebow in this matchup against brady, hopefully hold onto the ball most of the game and with a rested defense pray to god they go hard for a short amount of time and stop brady.

your not gonna beat an elite QB at an elite QB's game. You gotta change it and keep the ball out of his hands

This box score disagrees with you! Team on the left won this game. They lost TOP, yards, 1st downs made, and total number of plays, but the team on the left came out, and scored early, and made a couple of big plays in the passing game, and this kept them in fromt the whole game, and were able to withstand the elite QB's play in the end. Also Tim Tebow got his ass handed to him by the Patriots in the playoffs with a better team then the Jets currently have, sorry no thank you, I would rather go in there with Sanchez any day of the week twice on Sunday. This is not a defense of Sanchez, it's more of a knock on the Jets front office, he is the best choice until you are eliminated from playoff contention, and Rex is coaching to win out, and get in the playoffs, no matter how stacked the odds are against him, until he hears his team is eliminated Sanchez will probably start every game, not saying he won't get pulled, but he will start.

1st Downs 14 26

Passing 1st downs 8 19

Rushing 1st downs 5 6

1st downs from Penalties 1 1

3rd down efficiency 6-13 5-14

4th down efficiency 0-0 0-2 Total Plays 54 78 Total Yards 314 372 Yards per play 5.8 4.8 Total Drives 12 12 Passing 194 259

Comp - Att 16-25 29-45

Yards per pass 7.8 5.8

Interceptions thrown 0 1

Sacks - Yards Lost 0-0 5-40 Rushing 120 113

Rushing Attempts 29 28

Yards per rush 4.1 4.0 Red Zone (Made-Att) 4-5 2-4 Penalties 3-35 6-44 Turnovers 0 1

Fumbles lost 0 0

Interceptions thrown 0 1 Defensive / Special Teams TDs 0 0 Possession 25:04 34:56

This box score disagrees with you! Team on the left won this game. They lost TOP, yards, 1st downs made, and total number of plays, but the team on the left came out, and scored early, and made a couple of big plays in the passing game, and this kept them in fromt the whole game, and were able to withstand the elite QB's play in the end. Also Tim Tebow got his ass handed to him by the Patriots in the playoffs with a better team then the Jets currently have, sorry no thank you, I would rather go in there with Sanchez any day of the week twice on Sunday. This is not a defense of Sanchez, it's more of a knock on the Jets front office, he is the best choice until you are eliminated from playoff contention, and Rex is coaching to win out, and get in the playoffs, no matter how stacked the odds are against him, until he hears his team is eliminated Sanchez will probably start every game, not saying he won't get pulled, but he will start.

1st Downs 14 26

Passing 1st downs 8 19

Rushing 1st downs 5 6

1st downs from Penalties 1 1

3rd down efficiency 6-13 5-14

4th down efficiency 0-0 0-2 Total Plays 54 78 Total Yards 314 372 Yards per play 5.8 4.8 Total Drives 12 12 Passing 194 259

Comp - Att 16-25 29-45

Yards per pass 7.8 5.8

Interceptions thrown 0 1

Sacks - Yards Lost 0-0 5-40 Rushing 120 113

Rushing Attempts 29 28

Yards per rush 4.1 4.0 Red Zone (Made-Att) 4-5 2-4 Penalties 3-35 6-44 Turnovers 0 1

Fumbles lost 0 0

Interceptions thrown 0 1 Defensive / Special Teams TDs 0 0 Possession 25:04 34:56

i dont get why this disagrees with me? Maybe im reading it wrong i dont see total yards or anything. What was the final score?

All im saying is the easiest way to lose a game is to make it a duel between our sh*tty qbs and some peoples great ones.

Dude - If you're going up against Brady - you're going up against Beli.

In Tebow's pretty unbelievable run last season when he took down us, the Bears, the Bolts, and the Steelers - there was somebody he never came close to taking down - Beli. And Beli got him twice in 30 days. "Horrible" defense and all.

As of today I wouldn't feel good with any of our 3. But I agree that if we were to win with any of them it isn't required that we out-gunsling a gunslinger with any of our QBs combined with our present receiving corps. I'd feel at least as confident, if not more so, with ball control on the ground, not turning it over, and the defense keeping the other team in check. I hate that strategy, but truthfully with this team we'd have a better shot than if we were hoping for a low-turnover game from Sanchez while he's required to fling the ball all over the place 3-4 dozen times when the other team knows it's coming every drop back. Because then you're also requiring the receivers to have elite games.

Even when he's gotten hot in the past, his strength was never finding the open man even if it's his 3rd read. It came from his primary target being wide open or him chucking it up and someone making crazy acrobatics. But carving you up like a surgeon (a la Brees or Brady or Manning), finding whatever man is open and taking anything the defense gives, was never his game in the past and is sure isn't this year either.

We'd be better served hoping the OL has a great outing so we can move the chains running the ball, and keep the other team's offense off the field while tiring out the defense of our opponent (which is what Ryan wants to do anyway). And if that's going to be his gameplan I don't know that Sanchez is even a better bet than McElroy who I haven't seen do anything yet.

McElroy might be as bad as Sanchez, but we already know Sanchez is as bad as Sanchez.

I go with McElroy, and mix in Tebow if he's healthy. At a loss how the Broncos had success running wide and running options outisde with him, and Sparano inexplicably runs draws for him right at WIlfork; Tebow can run over LBs and DBs moving laterally outside, but running right at straight up 300/375 DL guys makes no sense.It's as if the Jets' CS never looked at any tape of Tebow, not even when he beat them.

Sanchez is a known and very bad QB. There's nothing else to leanr here. Perhaps 2 or 3 teams down the line like Jim Plunkett he gets it. But it won't happen here ever. And I don't think Sanchez has the talent in the first place.

I can't believe what I am reading, I just couldn't imagine them playing Sanchez. He has been here for 4 years, what is left to learn. About he responds after being pulled???? Are you kidding?? What great QB that leads a team to a Super Bowl was once tested to see how he performed afte being pulled. And what if he plays ok, then he plays next week? Whay if he isnt completely horrible against 4 below average football teams? Do you actually want him back? I was looking forward to seeing how McElroy did after a week of reps with the first team. I have no desire to Sanchez again ever, let alone this week. We could end this season, if we don't play McElroy at some point, not having a QB on our roster that its known if he can play in the NFL. Good luck attracting a high level coach with that friggin sh*t storm. This is a joke and I love this team and I respect its fans that have suffered, like me, for years. but defending this is BS.

Phil Simms among others. I think we spent too much time hoping that Sanchez would be like Brady and Rogers. He won't. We are hoping for a solid middle tier guy. Unfortunately we aren't getting one.

Sad that a 4th year QB doesnt have the ability to go through progressions in the passing game. His only hope is that his main target is open or that there is a double move with a pump fake in the design in the play and the defender bites on the pump. Just sad....

It's a right decision (from Rex's POV) only if it works and Sanchez plays well these next 3 games.

The problem is that no one can have any faith that Sanchez can play well from here on out. We've seen all too often Sanchez sucking against bad teams. He did it last week. If he was competent the Jets wouldve won by 2 TDs at least.

There are fundamental QB things that Sanchez is failing to do. He's getting punked by thinly disguised defenses. He's doing panic throws. He's trying to throw passes when he is in the grasp of a defender. He's throwing late on the deep ball because he's taking too long on reads. He's forgetting what plays are called.

Yeah. QB is a thinking position. Putting pressure on people doesn't generally help them think or concentrate. It's not an effort position where you can get fired up and "try harder." I guess you can, but it's not going to help. I know people like to talk about lighting a fire under his ass, but that would only work in terms of getting him to put in work and concentrate during the offseason, not to play better during the game.

Yeah. QB is a thinking position. Putting pressure on people doesn't generally help them think or concentrate. It's not an effort position where you can get fired up and "try harder." I guess you can, but it's not going to help. I know people like to talk about lighting a fire under his ass, but that would only work in terms of getting him to put in work and concentrate during the offseason, not to play better during the game.

Agreed. He's already panicky as it is. Unless his problem was a purposeful lack of effort, this "lighting a fire under his has" is nothing that would compel a reasonable person to believe this will change Sanchez from being a horrible QB.

Agreed. He's already panicky as it is. Unless his problem was a purposeful lack of effort, this "lighting a fire under his has" is nothing that would compel a reasonable person to believe this will change Sanchez from being a horrible QB.

Yeah. The only hope would be that he would "let go" and not care anymore. If anything he seems to overthink things most of the time, though that first pick against the Cards seems totally brainless. Sanchez seems to be a streak passer and he looks like he lacks confidence. That is understandable. Stupid as it was, there is actually some merit to the attitude in that Sexy Rexy Grossman joke about throwing deep. You need that kind of carefre attitude sometimes.

Yeah. The only hope would be that he would "let go" and not care anymore. If anything he seems to overthink things most of the time, though that first pick against the Cards seems totally brainless. Sanchez seems to be a streak passer and he looks like he lacks confidence. That is understandable. Stupid as it was, there is actually some merit to the attitude in that Sexy Rexy Grossman joke about throwing deep. You need that kind of carefre attitude sometimes.

The one thing that always makes me nuts when the Eli/Pick 6 comparison came up(and thankfully and rightly it has stopped); Eli Manning seems to have no short-term memory. And for a good QB, not taking the last INT or bad pass too much to heart is critical; get to the bench, look at the 11 on 11 photo of what went wrong, get ready for the next series. In contrast Sanchez is always moping around like the last girl at the dance who nobody asked. It's unbecoming and freaking pathetic for an NFL QB. Could be the difference of having an NFL QB for a dad as opposed to a fireman, but the why doesn't matter as much as results.

The one thing that always makes me nuts when the Eli/Pick 6 comparison came up(and thankfully and rightly it has stopped); Eli Manning seems to have no short-term memory. And for a good QB, not taking the last INT or bad pass too much to heart is critical; get to the bench, look at the 11 on 11 photo of what went wrong, get ready for the next series. In contrast Sanchez is always moping around like the last girl at the dance who nobody asked. It's unbecoming and freaking pathetic for an NFL QB. Could be the difference of having an NFL QB for a dad as opposed to a fireman, but the why doesn't matter as much as results.

I agree with this, Mark isn't tough enough for the NY market. I could see him having success on the west coast somewhere. But the moping, it's terrible. And Eli/Mark comparisons are flawed for more reasons than attitude.

I agree with this, Mark isn't tough enough for the NY market. I could see him having success on the west coast somewhere. But the moping, it's terrible. And Eli/Mark comparisons are flawed for more reasons than attitude.

He isn't identical to Eli even aside from the attitude, but I think that may be a big difference as far as success/failure goes. The fact is that Eli has been (at times) just as sh*tty as Mark. Even recently he's made truly moronic throws - such as hitting Kerrigan in the numbers a couple of times, but he shakes it off and keeps heaving. FWIW, there were those that said that Tiki and Shockey undermined him and that until they were gone Eli looked lost, but Sanchez has to take control of the huddle if he wants to be the man here.

He isn't identical to Eli even aside from the attitude, but I think that may be a big difference as far as success/failure goes. The fact is that Eli has been (at times) just as sh*tty as Mark. Even recently he's made truly moronic throws - such as hitting Kerrigan in the numbers a couple of times, but he shakes it off and keeps heaving. FWIW, there were those that said that Tiki and Shockey undermined him and that until they were gone Eli looked lost, but Sanchez has to take control of the huddle if he wants to be the man here.

i was younger back then but did eli ever ever look as hopeless as this like 3 int in a half or the butt fumble. Yes i know he threw ints and just stood there in disbelief but sanchez my god this season is awful

Phil Simms among others. I think we spent too much time hoping that Sanchez would be like Brady and Rogers. He won't. We are hoping for a solid middle tier guy. Unfortunately we aren't getting one.

Phil Simms had a great Super Bowl and was MVP, but the defense lead that team to victory. Same team won with Hostetler at QB. Plug in Ken Obrien and he is wearing two rings right now. This team isnt good enough for a Phils Simms, Trent Dilfer, Jim Plunkett QB. Phil wasnt pulled and put in to see how he would respond, Parcells didnt like him so he started Brunner. Brunner sucked so Simms got job back by default.

Stop this. Why is there already an ancillary reason why a player sucks? Most of the time they just suck.

i was younger back then but did eli ever ever look as hopeless as this like 3 int in a half or the butt fumble. Yes i know he threw ints and just stood there in disbelief but sanchez my god this season is awful

Eli has made some mind numbingly dumb plays. His characteristic underhand flip to the D being the most common WTF play. Sanchez certainly has more of them this season, but more imporantly he isn't giving us anything to compensate. While Eli is gashing teams for yards and TDs when he's not making stupid plays, Sanchez alternates moronic and almost average.

Phil Simms had a great Super Bowl and was MVP, but the defense lead that team to victory. Same team won with Hostetler at QB. Plug in Ken Obrien and he is wearing two rings right now. This team isnt good enough for a Phils Simms, Trent Dilfer, Jim Plunkett QB. Phil wasnt pulled and put in to see how he would respond, Parcells didnt like him so he started Brunner. Brunner sucked so Simms got job back by default.

Why didn't Parcells like him? It certainly wasn't his effectiveness. I agree with your analysis of Simms, but people talk about the guy deserving the HOF.

Eli has made some mind numbingly dumb plays. His characteristic underhand flip to the D being the most common WTF play. Sanchez certainly has more of them this season, but more imporantly he isn't giving us anything to compensate. While Eli is gashing teams for yards and TDs when he's not making stupid plays, Sanchez alternates moronic and almost average.

Why didn't Parcells like him? It certainly wasn't his effectiveness. I agree with your analysis of Simms, but people talk about the guy deserving the HOF.

Ray Perkins Left went to Bama and there wasnt even a QB competition when Parcells was named head coach. He named Brunner starter. Parcells took over in 84 I believe and Simms numbers those first few years were not good and he threw a lot of ints. My guess is as a defensive coordinator he wanted someone who would take better care of the ball. But the irony is when Simms replaced Brunner like 6 weeks in Parcells was the best thing that ever happened to him. I like Simms but he is no HOF QB. I would wager he wouldnt be in today even if he stayed healthy in 1990 and won 2 Super Bowls.

Archived