Either Fire Rex after the year or give him a contract extension.

unbanmadmike1

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why you guys killin me man :)

JFtoLong has the right view as to whats wrong with this team, I am not his dog. LOL

The entire offense has issues including the QB and the Head Coach paying virtually no attention to WTF is going on.

It seems as if you guys put all the blame on the QB who we ALL know is playing bad, yet you give just about everything else a free pass. Its a combination of issues guys, and over all, this GM and head coach have done a terrible job with a team that was close just 2 short years ago.

Don't pat yourselves on the back.

My dog is clueless about football, knows nothing.

Just so happens he knows more than the two of you.

We are all privileged to have you here. Your wisdom is infectious. I read your post and can hear my brain growing with Football wisdom. You're hands down the most knowledgeable poster on the board. In fact, I'm shocked you're not in the biz. Shocked. I'd put my resume in to the Jets FO if I were you.

We are all privileged to have you here. Your wisdom is infectious. I read your post and can hear my brain growing with Football wisdom. You're hands down the most knowledgeable poster on the board. In fact, I'm shocked you're not in the biz. Shocked. I'd put my resume in to the Jets FO if I were you.

Well, I am not the most knowledgeable poster on this board, but I take emotion out of my opinions, unlike many other posters on this board.

It's fine to hate players on the Jets, or FO, but that does not mean you cannot be objective.

That is the biggest problem on this board.

Many dopes let their emotions get in the way of their opinions.

I despise Rex Ryan, that does not mean I don't give him credit for being a very good defensive guy, but I will call him out for the many fatal flaws he has as a HC.

I think Sanchez is horrible, but I think it is magnified big time by the atrocious talent level, and terrible coaching we have.

I hated Schitty, but give him a ton of credit for 2006, when he took a very untalented offense well above what they were capable of, yet I will also call him out for never adapting his philosophy, after it was clear for years that the rest of the league caught on to what he was doing.

Many on this board have such a passionate hatred for Sanchez, that they are willing to give all of the other glaring problems a complete pass. I think thats horesh*t.

I think he sucks balls, but that does not make everything else OK.

Rex wanted from the beginning Sanchez and has chosen to stick with him. I don't think Tamlin would've.

So the GM has nothing to do with that decision. Got it. Steelers are the masters at evaluating talent. We get an accountant. Yet it was "Rex's call" on all personnel decisions. Sweet analysis.

Rex on Sanchez: "Protect the football. That's all we're asking him to do."

I don't believe Mike Tomlin would play a QB who he would basically admit can't make any positive plays.

So the GM has nothing to do with that decision. Got it. Steelers are the masters at evaluating talent. We get an accountant. Yet it was "Rex's call" on all personnel decisions. Sweet analysis.

If you don't think that Rex has been intimately involved in every single personnel move you're fooling youself.

Rex was absolutely involved in personnel decisions. You want to blame Tanny for everything, and give Rex a complete free pass for all personnel decisions.

Who says anything about Tomlin being a great coach anyway?

He walked into an ideal situation, much like Rex did.

The biggest difference is Tomlin has not ruined it, like Rex and Tanny did.

I don't know how anyone can defend Rex as a HC after hiring Sparano, and the way he has handled the Sanchez debacle, I guess you have to like a clown.

Vernon Gholston?

I don't believe Mike Tomlin would play a QB who he would basically admit can't make any positive plays.

Byron Leftwich and Charlie Batch are awesome.

Rex was absolutely involved in personnel decisions

a hC like Rex works 15 hour days during the season. He doesn't have time to watch college games or film until feb. Yes he shows up late and goes to pro days etc but it's not his call who to draft. He's not spending the time to do it and in fact, no head coach really makes these picks. they are consulted but it's the call of the scouting dept and the gm.

a hC like Rex works 15 hour days during the season. He doesn't have time to watch college games or film until feb. Yes he shows up late and goes to pro days etc but it's not his call who to draft. He's not spending the time to do it and in fact, no head coach really makes these picks. they are consulted but it's the call of the scouting dept and the gm.

Personnel decisions go way beyond just making draft day decisions.

Sanchez being extended, Holmes extension, letting Braylon walk, Bart Scott.....

Going almost all defense with the top draft picks post Sanchez.....

Complete change in philosophy of the type of player they bring in from Mangini's choir boys, to Rex's insane clown crew.

Yeah, Tanny just had a complete and utter change in philosophy, that just happened to coinicde with Rex becoming head coach.

Makes a lot of sense

your dealing with grown men who act like children and would much rather troll than make any type of logical sense. Why ? because your making sense and they have no legitimate comeback so they revert to childish behavior.

I agree.

I come here to talk and share opinions with other fans of my favorite team.

Disagreements, with rational, well thought out, objective arguments are fun, learning, give you perspective, or allow you to change your perspective.

I just think a few irrational, dopy morons kind of ruin this board.

If they come here to act like morons, that is fine, I guess it takes different types.......

Personnel decisions go way beyond just making draft day decisions.

Sanchez being extended, Holmes extension, letting Braylon walk, Bart Scott.....

Going almost all defense with the top draft picks post Sanchez.....

Complete change in philosophy of the type of player they bring in from Mangini's choir boys, to Rex's insane clown crew.

Yeah, Tanny just had a complete and utter change in philosophy, that just happened to coinicde with Rex becoming head coach.

Makes a lot of sense

Also Im sure scouts fill in the head Coach with film of who they have been targeting and the head Coach has plenty of time to review such film since its in the offseason anyway. If a head Coach sees some film that makes him disagree with the GM's choice Im pretty sure Tannenbaum would side with Rex's almighty football knowledge. IMO Rex has a big say if not FINAL say in who gets drafted anyone who would give a glorified accountant more of a say in this situation is a complete Idiot. So yeah Rex says Plenty.

your dealing with grown men who act like children and would much rather troll than make any type of logical sense. Why ? because your making sense and they have no legitimate comeback so they revert to childish behavior.

I agree.

Disagreements, with rational, well thought out, objective arguments are fun, learning, give you perspective, or allow you to change your perspective.

If they come here to act like morons, that is fine, I guess it takes different types.......

^^^^^^ Best Posters on the Board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So much knowledge between you too. I learn sooooo much.

Thanks!

I agree.

You're an a$$hole and call people clueless for having an opinion.

Stop acting so righteous. You know nothing more than anyone else here.

Also Im sure scouts fill in the head Coach with film of who they have been targeting and the head Coach has plenty of time to review such film since its in the offseason anyway. If a head Coach sees some film that makes him disagree with the GM's choice Im pretty sure Tannenbaum would side with Rex's almighty football knowledge. IMO Rex has a big say if not FINAL say in who gets drafted anyone who would give a glorified accountant more of a say in this situation is a complete Idiot. So yeah Rex says Plenty.

Exactly, Tanny was never hired to be a traditional GM, he was hired to let the HC pick the groceries.

Unfortunately, our HC cannot pick the groceries, nor can he do anything other than devise half way decent defensive game plans, at least against dog sh*t offenses he can.

Your entitled to your opinion, as much as I disagree.

I don't call people clueless for having an opinion, I call people clueless when they post out of emotion, and ignore blatant truths, to make their emotionally misplaced reality fit their argument.

I have had plenty of cordial disagreements with posters like Slats, that don't turn into posts like this, why? Because despite disagreeing with one another, it does not turn into the crap that you and your boy 80 turn it into.

I have no problem at all with differing opinions, I have had my opinion changed many, many times. But, it will have to be because of rational arguments, not the emotional rants reminiscent of pubescent teenage girls, that you and your clown crew like to engage in.

Do you think hes calling people clueless for their opions on football alone or for what was also represented in posts ? Like haha LMFAO at you and that other moronic crap ? Is it ok to do that and not get it back in return ?

Show some class Jets fans!

Can we agree to disagree?

The OP has a point...one no doubt Woody will consider...personally I've come to the other conclusion...the Jets need new leadership...Rex has been exposed and I doubt the team rallies around him again...too much blather and bravado...too much coddling the potential franchise QB...too much hype not enough reality.

Can't say it hasn't been a fun ride...just a ride I'm ready to get off.

Archived