JFtoLong

Jet fan groupings  

49 members have voted

1. 1. It seems to me that Jet fans fall into one of four camps, which are you

• Hate Sanchez, Love Rex
    • Support Sanchez, hate Rex
    • Support Sanchez, Love Rex
    • Hate Sanchez, hate Rex

So the choices are support/hate Sanchez, and love/hate Rex. I think you gave away your allegiances.

I don't love or hate either of them. I think Sanchez should be sitting this week, and a new GM should decide Rex's fate next year.

So the choices are support/hate Sanchez, and love/hate Rex. I think you gave away your allegiances.

I don't love or hate either of them. I think Sanchez should be sitting this week, and a new GM should decide Rex's fate next year.

I was going to do a love/hate for both, but I don't think anyone actually loves Sanchez. Even those who support him, merely support him.

Also trying to keep it to a reasonable list.

Hate is meant as a player or a coach, not as a person, I don't know either of them, so saying I hate or love either of them is impossible.

I think Sanchez should be sitting for the rest of the year without question, and I think he is done as the QB here, zero hope for him.

You and I have debated this before, but I still think it is a colossal mistake to bring in a new GM and have a HC that the owner loves, and many fans love, still in place. What you will most likely get is a GM who has no other choices if they are willing to do that. A quality GM will want a clean slate to do as they want. If they have to fire a somewhat popular coach, becuase they don't believe in him, day one you are making an unpopular decision in a tough town.

I think it will be a huge mistake if they do that.

Sanchez is a different story, nobody loves him, some may still support him, but nobody loves him.

I think Sanchez should be sitting for the rest of the year without question, and I think he is done as the QB here, zero hope for him.

You and I have debated this before, but I still think it is a colossal mistake to bring in a new GM and have a HC that the owner loves, and many fans love, still in place. What you will most likely get is a GM who has no other choices if they are willing to do that. A quality GM will want a clean slate to do as they want. If they have to fire a somewhat popular coach, becuase they don't believe in him, day one you are making an unpopular decision in a tough town.

I don't hate either guy as a player or a coach.

I'd also sit Sanchez down the rest of the year. I get the idea of starting him on the road against a weak opponent. They're hoping he gets a little mojo back without the crowd climbing up his ass. They have a lot invested in the guy, and clearly still have some hope that he might yet pan out. That's more than I've got, but I'm not on the hook for $8.25M for him next year, either.

I definitely think Rex has value as an NFL coach. Unequivocally. IMHO, it's Tannenbaum who has to go, and that a new GM should have the opportunity to retain or fire Rex. I understand some of the problems people have with Rex, but I think a lot of them are unfounded. New guy should be able to make that call. If he wants to clean house, that's fine with me, but I definitely believe the team could do (and has done) a lot worse at the head coach spot than Rex Ryan. If new GM doesn't have a better coach in mind/available, he should certainly have the option to retain the quality defensive mind under contract.

i think the poll is too black and white. i'm choosing......

think sanchez is mediocre and that we need an upgrade, think rex is a good coach but needs a good offensive coordinator/asst head coach, think tannenbaum shoudl be fired as he is not a good talent evaluator and has managed us into cap hell

the gm is one of the bigest problems this team has he and the scout team need to go what team in the nfl drops 3 of their draft pics by week 2, in the 6th and 7th round we took bad players when good players were there no clue for talent.

No matter what happens this year, Tannenbaum has to go, thats step one. I think Rex is better suited for DC than head coach. I would love to see him as the Jets DC. Sanchez is a waste of time at this point, he obviously wasnt the next Joe Namath. That 8mil they owe him next year is just prolonging the misery of having him start when he is not the future for this team. Once they cut bait with that mistake the organization could start a new direction. Sparano has to go too, his philosophy is barbaric.The Jets need a quick strike offense in todays NFL like the rest of the elite teams. The Jets are in serious need of a makeover.

I am curious to see the results of the poll.

Don't dislike Rex,but I think he has written his ticket. His statements have become pure buffonery. Cannot tolerate a buffoon/coach. Can't stand Sanchez. Gutless, stupid, lazy QB. I do not believe for a minute that he is the hard worker they say. How coud you work so hard and unlearn so much?

I hate them both. This franchise will never win a super bowl with either of them in their current positions. Sanchez is a backup QB at best and Rex is way over his head and should just stick to the defensive coordinator gig. Also Tannenbum should be shown the door as well. He has been an absolute train wreck the last few years.

They both have to go. Sanchez is shot. Rex is finding out you can't just do a 180-degree heel-turn and get taken seriously after you spent two years acting like a jackass. It's a miracle that the team hasn't slipped into full-mutiny at this point. But, unless you can flush half the roster, Rex has run his course here. The players know he's a phony and a puppet.

I just dont understand how ANYONE can hate Sanchez, and still support Rex.

Rex picked him.

Rex developed him.

Rex hired his coordinators.

Rex had a hand in the personnel around him.

Rex sticks with him no matter what.

I just don't get it, makes zero sense how anyone can support Rex, or Love him, when you look at our current QB situation.

I just dont understand how ANYONE can hate Sanchez, and still support Rex.

Rex picked him.

Rex developed him.

Rex had a hand in the personnel around him.

Rex sticks with him no matter what.

I just don't get it, makes zero sense how anyone can support Rex, or Love him, when you look at our current QB situation.

Easy. Rex is not the GM or a scout, so we don't know how much he contributed to picking him. Then, you look at Sanchez and the way he plays and believe that he would have sucked regardless of who coached him. This, I believe.

So, my position is... Hate Sanchez, hate Tannenbaum, down on Rex for reasons other than the QB position but would be ok with Tannenbaun's replacement giving him another shot.

Of the trifecta, he's the only one who might have some value...

I root for the laundry. There's no love, no hate. Either do your job well and win a Super Bowl or it's on to the next one. I'm nothing more than a customer when it comes to my fandom and any grown adult that thinks it goes any further than that is really just kidding themselves.

HATURRRRR

To be fair, Schottenheimer was thrust on him.

Easy. Rex is not the GM or a scout, so we don't know how much he contributed to picking him. Then, you look at Sanchez and the way he plays and believe that he would have sucked regardless of who coached him. This, I believe.

So, my position is... Hate Sanchez, hate Tannenbaum, down on Rex for reasons other than the QB position but would be ok with Tannenbaun's replacement giving him another shot.

Of the trifecta, he's the only one who might have some value...

That's my point of view as well.

Archived