Cowboys DT Josh Brent arrested for vehicular manslaughter, kills teammate

Matt39

You wouldn't give the life of a stranger to have a ten year run of championships and superbowls?

No I would not.

Btw. Every NFL team contracts with a limo company that will at any time go pick up a player and take them home. They will also drive the players car home. The limo company is not allowed to tell the team about any pick ups

This makes it unbelievable that any player ever drives drunk.

Btw. Every NFL team contracts with a limo company that will at any time go pick up a player and take them home. They will also drive the players car home. The limo company is not allowed to tell the team about any pick ups

That's a great idea and I'm amazed they drive drunk as well. If I had that kind of money I'd have my own driver.

Each franchise should try to work more proactive with the younger players on the team. You take these boys out of school and give them a sh*t load of cash and then hope they will be professional and mature enough to handle all this. That is just madness.

In the end it is up to each individual to take responsibility for his own actions, but you can´t stop to think that the employer could do more.

this is a tragedy. but i'm guessing that there a few people here with glass houses chucking some stones. we have all been young and dumb and done stupid things. i know i have personally driven when i shouldn't have. i'd guess everyone has done it at least once in their life. thing is i was a broke fool.....you take these kids out of school and they get tons of money and then they do the same stupid sh*t we all have done....but they have alot more money to throw around while doing it. i truly believe part of a rookie nfl contract should have mandatory financial planning involved and some sort of mandatory guidance counseling. there is a reason almost every kid who becomes a star is a wreck and a drug addict or alcoholic. it's hard enough growing up when you're broke and working at mcdonald's and don't have unlimited access to these things in life that can steer you into a destructive path. there are 2 horrible things happening here. first.....a kid is dead from something that could have been easily avoided. second a kid is probably going to go to jail for making a stupid decision that we all have made.

No I would not.

this x 10000000000

moron

Anyway game day. Time for football talk.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict probably not here for you. Pity too because you have always been an edgy poster that I have enjoyed but this time you went and skipped over funny and ended up in real bad taste. Nobody wants to read this crap.

Archived