NYJ = 9-7

Jet27

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to point out that the Jets won a game they should have lost against the Dolphins, barely beat a putrid Cardinal team at home....If they lose one of those games, we are talking draft position right now.

Dang those games they should have lost. Why couldnt they just lose them? Team cant do nothing right. 3

why you guyz mad at me? It's the Jets you should be mad at... for winning.

I didn't see any people here claiming that the Jets were going to lose out their schedule. Too many cream puffs on it for that.

But, that does not mask the fact that the Jets are still not well run, nor a good team.

If the Jet hierarchy somehow gets disillusioned that a good ending to this season sets them up for a run next year, they will be wrong. Not unlike the Eagles who had this happen last year, they delayed making moves when it would have been in the best interest of the club, and they fall into a downward spiral. In a delayed mode, someone has to pull them out.

I fear it will be very similar for the Jets next year if the same decision makers are in place. "save your jobs" decisions will be made to the detriment of the long term health of the team, and we will delay the inevitable of really fixing this.

And if the FO realizes they need major changes and makes them you will still bitch. "They never beat any playoff teams. They killed the Colts? Do you want a medal?" The fact is, they know they have a problem at QB. The fact that it took time to make the decision makes that more obvious. It means they didn't like any of their options. It also means Rex wasn't sitting there thinking that Sanchez had a bad half and was planning on putting him back in.

And if the FO realizes they need major changes and makes them you will still bitch. "They never beat any playoff teams. They killed the Colts? Do you want a medal?" The fact is, they know they have a problem at QB. The fact that it took time to make the decision makes that more obvious. It means they didn't like any of their options. It also means Rex wasn't sitting there thinking that Sanchez had a bad half and was planning on putting him back in.

Are you sure? They gave him a new contract this offseason. They continue to stick with him this season.

It depends on what Woody's true feelings are. No one knows.

But, that does not mask the fact that the Jets are still not well run, nor a good team.

that might be true but also the Jets are not a terribly run, bad team. they are in the middle. Which is usually not clean house and fire everyone time. And maybe just maybe we should see how the season plays out. You are talking about next year, this year ain't done.

that might be true but also the Jets are not a terribly run, bad team. they are in the middle. Which is usually not clean house and fire everyone time. And maybe just maybe we should see how the season plays out. You are talking about next year, this year ain't done.

We're signing players off the street to start on offense. This isnt a well run team.

We'll lose to Tennessee and San Diego. 7-9.

I think there's a chance SD could end up being the Jets "unexpected" win of the season, for the simple fact that for whatever reason, SD has had a tendency to play like complete crap against the Jets over the past decade and do everything in their power to hand the Jets' wins.

Are you sure? They gave him a new contract this offseason. They continue to stick with him this season.

It depends on what Woody's true feelings are. No one knows.

Obviously they made a mistake, but I am sure that they are not happy with any of them now. If they were there wouldn't have been a wait before they announced they were sticking with Sanchez. There would have been an immediate announcement that "Mark is my guy and I'm sticking with him. He was just having one of those days." Now, does the mean the entire organization feels that way? Not necessarily, but I'm pretty sure it tells us about Rex or Sparano - more likely Rex.

Even if we "make" the playoffs, it only masks the putrid stench we have at QB. McElroy gives us the best chance regardless of the filth that comes out of Rex's mouth during those press conferences. It is clear that they uncorked a tempest when they let McElroy play. Now we have seen what a QB is supposed to do...lead. Not like Sanchez who just gets by because of Rex's infatuation.

I think there's a chance SD could end up being the Jets "unexpected" win of the season, for the simple fact that for whatever reason, SD has had a tendency to play like complete crap against the Jets over the past decade and do everything in their power to hand the Jets' wins.

Didn't you just say Norv Turner was their coach?

Just making the draft pick worse and worse.

No biggie. The draft sucks this year. No difference between #3 overall and #32.

To be bench guys.

You change your mind every week regarding this team. The barely beat the Cardinals and Jaguars.

Who have the Jets signed off the streets to start?

I havent changed my mind on anything.

Titans for sure. If not Chargers, then the Bills.

7-9.

I'm thinking 8-8 just so we can still hear the verbal diarrhea spouted about how Sanchez and/or Rex have never had a losing season. That plus then we'll get to hear all the stats during the week 17 about how if these 7 different teams lose and every single tiebreaker works in the Jets' favor, they might possibly be able to back into a playoff spot. Exciting times.

No biggie. The draft sucks this year. No difference between #3 overall and #32.

Who have the Jets signed off the streets to start?

I havent changed my mind on anything.

Gates was playing. Gilyard was in on the first series. Ruland was off the streets.

There's no depth on the Jets.

So basically the nightmare scenario is as follows:

Jets sitting at 8-7

Pitt and cincy lost.

Jets could get in but ...wait for it.....SANCHEZ BLOWS and the Bills avenge their opening game loss in grand fashion.

8-8 and suckage...bad draft, bad season and more to come with sanchez in 2013.

ugh...

The problem is the Jet starters also stink.

Good teams replace good players with good players. We go from average to borderline NFL guys. lol

This is true, lol. However, I think it would be a big stretch to call Stallworth, Grant or Plax "good players".

This is true, lol. However, I think it would be a big stretch to call Stallworth, Grant or Plax "good players".

That is true and all, but those guys barely play. Im talking about the Packers losing guys like Jennings and Nelson and not missing much of a beat. Giants losing guys and getting big production out of David Wilson...even with Nicks out they managed.

Its on Tannenbaum, obviously the QB stinks but the drafts overall for offense have been terrible. Stephen Hill looks like garbage too.

That is true and all, but those guys barely play. Im talking about the Packers losing guys like Jennings and Nelson and not missing much of a beat. Giants losing guys and getting big production out of David Wilson...even with Nicks out they managed.

Its on Tannenbaum, obviously the QB stinks but the drafts overall for offense have been terrible. Stephen Hill looks like garbage too.

Agreed. This regime has done a horrible job of finding offensive talent. No question about it. They've tried but mostly failed.

I do think that "depth", especially at the skills position is covered up a lot by QB play. Those teams can afford it because they have elite QB's. That said, they are both very deep at WR, specifically, no doubt.

Packers: Aaron Rodgers

Giants: Eli Manning

Jets: Dogsh*t

Not to mention, I think you HAVE seen an impact in Green Bay with those playmakers hurt. Rodgers has had a very efficient season but hasn't really had those EXPLOSIVE days he had last year.

When it comes to us, even at full strength our offense struggles. Did Sanchez ever have any terrific days in 2010 with Holmes, Braylon, LT, Cotchery and Keller all available? Did he do well this season before Holmes went down? Nope.

Packers: Aaron Rodgers

Giants: Eli Manning

Jets: Dogsh*t

Not to mention, I think you HAVE seen an impact in Green Bay with those playmakers hurt. Rodgers has had a very efficient season but hasn't really had those EXPLOSIVE days he had last year.

I agree. But no ones turning Clyde Gates, Chaz Schillens or Mardy Gilyard into anything but barely NFL roster guys.

I agree. But no ones turning Clyde Gates, Chaz Schillens or Mardy Gilyard into anything but barely NFL roster guys.

I disagree. Rodgers could make all 3 of those guys look competent. He'd have thrown at least 2 50+ yard TD's to Schillens this season.

Exhibit A: James Jones. Anyone think he's a special talent?

I disagree. Rodgers could make all 3 of those guys look competent. He'd have thrown at least 2 50+ yard TD's to Schillens this season.

Yeah. Jones is a CLASSIC JAG and he's produced big time with Rodgers. There are a lot of other examples like this. Look at guys like Hixon with the Giants or Titus Young before he went nuts or even Branch or every saints WR. No special talents to be found in any of those guys.

James Jones was a much better player coming out of college than Schillens was. Schillens is a plodder on the outside.

Archived