114-199

Scott Dierking

Nor superior coaching or game planning.

Yes, because our success on the defensive side of the ball has been pure talent. No Revis, slow-ass LB's, and no pass-rusher? No chance Rex is the reason we're still a top 5-10 unit. No chance.

You've reached Richard Dawkins' levels of insanity when it comes to Rex.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the head coach coaches the entire team? So give rex props for the defense if you want but how about the other parts- he gets a pass?

No, but don't treat him like he's an awful HC for it either, for 2 reasons: 1) Most HC's focus on one side of the ball, and 2) Some HC's (Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini to name 2) suck at running EITHER unit.

Yes, because our success on the defensive side of the ball has been pure talent. No Revis, slow-ass LB's, and no pass-rusher? No chance Rex is the reason we're still a top 5-10 unit. No chance.

You've reached Richard Dawkins' levels of insanity when it comes to Rex.

1) Richard Dawkins rules.

2) I'm willing to concede that Rex is a good defensive coach but guess what, if you fail at half your job, being good at the other half doesn't save you. Even if you don't know much about offence it's your job to bring in people who do and that has been an utter and complete failure.

No, but don't treat him like he's an awful HC for it either, for 2 reasons: 1) Most HC's focus on one side of the ball, and 2) Some HC's (Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini to name 2) suck at running EITHER unit.

You can' pick and choose to be good at something yet horrible atu others. That is not the way you can coach,, or manage.

Plus, Rex was the guy who wanted Sanchez, stuck by him and continues to stick by him. He brought in a horrible OC and his systems are antiquated.

Rex is responsible for the offensive malaise as much as anybody. His fingerprints are all over the crime scene.

I am a manager where I work like a head coach I am responsible for all of my department not one aspect to put it in business terms like sports is

Well, I think thats probably rare environment. Thats like saying your Director of Sales should be in charge of IT. Sure, he can manage and he's a good leader, but WTF does he know about IT? He'll probably hire someone to run his IT dept. If that person is good, they'll probably have a good IT dept. If that person sucks, they probably wont. lol

You can' pick and choose to be good at something yet horrible atu others. That is not the way you can coach,, or manage.

Plus, Rex was the guy who wanted Sanchez, stuck by him and continues to stick by him. He brought in a horrible OC and his systems are antiquated.

Rex is responsible for the offensive malaise as much as anybody. His fingerprints are all over the crime scene.

And then he spits in our face by BS'ing us about how great sanchez played.

Well, I think thats probably rare environment. Thats like saying your Director of Sales should be in charge of IT. Sure, he can manage and he's a good leader, but WTF does he know about IT? He'll probably hire someone to run his IT dept. If that person is good, they'll probably have a good IT dept. If that person sucks, they probably wont. lol

Does a CEO oversee all departments?

I stand by Rex knows defense is good at game planning for that-part of being a good head coach is delegating responsibility to competent people to help run your team-so has he done that? let the debate begin oh it has already

Get back on topic. This thread is about how the defense isn't good or isn't elite or whatever your adjective is on this page. Nobody here is arguing that the O is any good or has been handled well. If Rex loses his job this is why, not because the D is top 5-10, but not elite.

Even if Rex were good at coaching offense as well, he's still saddled with Mark Sanchez. Is there any OC or HC in the NFL that could win with him?

Rex wanted Sanchez, encouraged the trade for him, never lobbied for a backup who could play and he continues to start Sanchez and make excuses for him. You can't reconcile those facts with making that excuse for Rex.

I stand by Rex knows defense is good at game planning for that-part of being a good head coach is delegating responsibility to competent people to help riun your team-so has he done that? let the debate begin oh it has already

I don't really have a big problem with how Sparano runs the offense. His philosophy of pairing a running game with a vertical offense is a strong one. Sparano owned Rex's defenses so there was some logic behind his hire as well.

Problem is he has a retarded QB.

Word is, that Rex has been involved in all picks.

Compare the drafts from Mangini to Rex and you can see diminishing returns

Vernon Gholston was a Mangini-era pick. And a big reason our drafts have sucked is that we've been winning and picking in the back ends of drafts. Under Herm and Mangini we had opportunities to move up for guys like Revis.

The only pick its been documented that Rex was 100 % responsible for was John Conner. I invite you to find me a link confirming Rex had more than a passing say in who gets drafted for his teams.

Get back on topic. This thread is about how the defense isn't good or isn't elite or whatever your adjective is on this page. Nobody here is arguing that the O is any good or has been handled well. If Rex loses his job this is why, not because the D is top 5-10, but not elite.

This threead is about the Jets losing to playoff caliber teams in blow out fashion.

That is reflective of offense, defense and as much, coaching

Does a CEO oversee all departments?

Are you saying a CEO is a HC? I dont think thats the right comparison.

Also, I do work with a lot of companies that the CEO is a figure head. The real work is done by the CFO, CIO or CTO. But, every company is unique so its hard to say.

Word is, that Rex has been involved in all picks.

Compare the drafts from Mangini to Rex and you can see diminishing returns

Where did you get that? Rex said he has 1 pick a year that is all his. He said he didnt want Hill. He laughed at a wide out in the 2nd round but was told it was a must pick.

Vernon Gholston was a Mangini-era pick. And a big reason our drafts have sucked is that we've been winning and picking in the back ends of drafts. Under Herm and Mangini we had opportunities to move up for guys like Revis.

The only pick its been documented that Rex was 100 % responsible for was John Conner. I invite you to find me a link confirming Rex had more than a passing say in who gets drafted for his teams.

Check out the link to the SNY guys on Francesa's show

Archived