If Rex Stays As HC for 2013, Then The following Needs To Happen

Jet27

I live in Dc man. I watched Jason Campbell reluctantly for 5 years. He had a new HC and system every one of those years. People here made excuses for Sanchez because they changed WO's, Campbell had a new coach and new system. His last year in Oakland he was on his way to the playoffs before he got hurt. I'm not going to argue with you over who is better. I will just say I would like to see him compete for the starting position with Sanchez rather than Tebow. Thats all I got.

Any player that makes our team better I am for........

Not sure the Jets will be able to afford a decent vet backup this offseason. It'll be Sanchez, GMac and a rookie. That's how they do things. And there is still that report that Woody wants to keep Tebow. So they may not bring in anyone. And if they do I'd rather it not be Campbell.

There's very little out there in the QB FA market next season. Maybe so little that the Jets will actually be able to trade Sanchez or Tebow. Now that would be something.

If not Campbell, you're looking at Matt Moore, Bruce Gradkowski, McCown, Quinn.... It's an ugly bunch.

There's very little out there in the QB FA market next season. Maybe so little that the Jets will actually be able to trade Sanchez or Tebow. Now that would be something.

If not Campbell, you're looking at Matt Moore, Bruce Gradkowski, McCown, Quinn.... It's an ugly bunch.

Of that group I'd take Brady Quinn.

And you can't trade Sanchez without taking a huge cap hit. It's the worst contract ever.

Of that group I'd take Brady Quinn.

And you can't trade Sanchez without taking a huge cap hit. It's the worst contract ever.

I'd probably take Campbell or Moore, but it's a crappy list.

And I understand Mark's contract. If the Jets can get someone to take on about $4M of his salary in 2013, the cap hit is a wash.

Perhaps Seattle would move Flynn's awful contract for Sanchez's.

IMO, these last three games could be the last games for Rex as a HC and Sanchez in a Jet uniform. If we do run the table I believe (as I said before) that Rex and Sanchez and by defacto Tanny will get next year to make a run.

If we run the table and make the playoffs anything can happen and if thats the case Sanchez will have to step up. I still think the kid can perform, but I don't believe we have a Brady, Breez or Manning on our hands either.

The key again IMO is our running game, and defense....and having a game plan that is "managable" for Sanchez and that's where coaching and a very creative game plan comes into play.....and then the question is can Sparano provide this, does the FO get some key players around Sanchez (TE's and WRs and RBs) for us to be a force in the playoffs is really the question.

Archived