Jets bringing Braylon Edwards back?

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a WR who couldn't manage to keep a roster spot on the Dolphins, the dolphins bro, is suddenly going to change the complexity of our entire offense??

so what are the alternatives ? The crap we rolled on the field last sunday ? Braylon has been dealing with injuries the past few years and thats really the only concern other than vehicular manslaugher.

Edwards can catch; Stephen Hill can't.

so what are the alternatives ? The crap we rolled on the field last sunday ? Braylon has been dealing with injuries the past few years and thats really the only concern other than vehicular manslaugher.

I was speaking towards the idea that he would change the complexity of our offense going forward, not whether he would be a useful asset, which I mentioned in a later post. I have no problem with the signing provided he's healthy and actually preferred him to Holmes initially.

I'd love the signing, if it were to happen. I thought Braylon had a good rapport with Sanchez, and he seemed to compensate for some of Mark's off target throws. I preferred Edwards over Holmes, and I still do... at least with Mark Sanchez as the QB.

Saying that...

No way they do it. It would make too much sense. The Jets FO doesn't like making sense. They like to be tricky... so tricky, that they trick themselves right out of the playoffs.

still take him, happily, over this twat -

holmes-knee-9-30-12.gif

no actually Holmes is better than Edwards. Way better. there's no measurement where edwards would have been a better choice

the play you are showing, as an example of how bad Holmes sucks, he the play his lisfranc fractured. Holmes foot basically exploded on that play. It's somewhat understandable he thought he was down by contact, as it probably felt like he was shot in the foot. It didn't get much press but Holmes is having a 2nd surgery to get the plate out of his foot this spring. It was a serious injury and when people make light of it, or say he should have held onto the ball, it makes me pissed off. these are human beings and they feel pain.

alot of fans think Edwards would have been a better signing. This is absolutely wrong. Considering his knee went to garbage after they let him go and he refused a huge offer from the Jets. the Jets dodged a bullet when that negotiation went to crap. He's been terrible for the last few years and even tho it's fun to think about how him staying in NY would keep him healthy, it's not based in any fact.

finally, after all this, I agree he had a good rapport with Mark and at this point he's sure a s--t better than Mardy gilyard or whatever street free agent is next in line. But don't forget that Braylon is a street free agent for a reason. It's not cause he's awesome.

Better rookie season: Stephen Hill or Len Bias?

if we found out before the season that Stephen Hill would have 21 catches and 3 TD's as a rookie, we'd say that's WR 4 production and about right. Considering how raw he was, I don't know how we could expected more.

no actually Holmes is better than Edwards. Way better. there's no measurement where edwards would have been a better choice

the play you are showing, as an example of how bad Holmes sucks, he the play his lisfranc fractured. Holmes foot basically exploded on that play. It's somewhat understandable he thought he was down by contact, as it probably felt like he was shot in the foot. It didn't get much press but Holmes is having a 2nd surgery to get the plate out of his foot this spring. It was a serious injury and when people make light of it, or say he should have held onto the ball, it makes me pissed off. these are human beings and they feel pain.

alot of fans think Edwards would have been a better signing. This is absolutely wrong. Considering his knee went to garbage after they let him go and he refused a huge offer from the Jets. the Jets dodged a bullet when that negotiation went to crap. He's been terrible for the last few years and even tho it's fun to think about how him staying in NY would keep him healthy, it's not based in any fact.

finally, after all this, I agree he had a good rapport with Mark and at this point he's sure a s--t better than Mardy gilyard or whatever street free agent is next in line. But don't forget that Braylon is a street free agent for a reason. It's not cause he's awesome.

I agree with everything you have said here...

BUT

Even if Holmes is a better receiver overall, is he better paired with Sanchez or would Edwards have been. In hindsight, not signing Edwards at the time seems as though it definitely was the right move. This is due to his injuries which is next to impossible to have speculated at the time. My point is this, I think Edwards is a better receiver when paired with Sanchez than Holmes. This is due to the way in which they play the position. Edwards is fast, tall, can jump, etc... He would be much more useful reeling in errant throws than Holmes, IMO...

Still. I think you are spot on in your assessment.

I agree with everything you have said here...

BUT

Even if Holmes is a better receiver overall, is he better paired with Sanchez or would Edwards have been. In hindsight, not signing Edwards at the time seems as though it definitely was the right move. This is due to his injuries which is next to impossible to have speculated at the time. My point is this, I think Edwards is a better receiver when paired with Sanchez than Holmes. This is due to the way in which they play the position. Edwards is fast, tall, can jump, etc... He would be much more useful reeling in errant throws than Holmes, IMO...

Still. I think you are spot on in your assessment.

I can agree with that, and this is a great way for the Jets to get Braylon back, on the cheap, for no guaranteed money. Paying Braylon X million dollars 2 years ago would have been a disaster most likely.

Same old Jets.

Brandon Jacobs criticizes current team on twitter. He gets suspended.

Braylon criticizes old team in twitter. More obnoxiously. His current team cuts him. Old team tries to acquire him.

Only the Jets.

are they/have they put in a claim on waivers?

if we found out before the season that Stephen Hill would have 21 catches and 3 TD's as a rookie, we'd say that's WR 4 production and about right. Considering how raw he was, I don't know how we could expected more.

Except SuperCoach made him WR1-1/2. He can't play, at all, right now.

As for Holmes, ask the Steelers how awesome he is. Dude has talent, but it's nowhere close to compensating for his sh*tbird act in the huddle and locker room. He'll be TO'ed in two years.

As for Holmes, ask the Steelers how awesome he is. Dude has talent, but it's nowhere close to compensating for his sh*tbird act in the huddle and locker room. He'll be TO'ed in two years.

Holmes made a big catch a few years ago and in his mind propelled him into super stardom.

The Steelers didnt want to resign Wallace. And probably wont. And they picked up Plax. Just sayin.

Archived