Jets Playoff Scenarios After Week 14

JetNation

The key is that the Eagles are playing better and is a home game for them. Pitt is not playing better and you can see clearly that Burgerman is still hurting and Dallas has a great pass rush...I see easily Eagles beating Cincy and Dallas pulling out win too.

From the beating houston took from the Pats, I can see Houston laying out the Colts big time which is a high probability that will happen.

By 7:30pm or so on Sunday we will know where we stand. This is all then on the Jets living up to a spotlight game on Monday night and this will be all on Rex's shoulders to have them ready to play with a lot on the line.

New York Jets (6-7)

What They Need: To win out against Tennessee, San Diego and Buffalo and hope for some help.

What Could Go Wrong: Oh the possibilities, like Mark Sanchez running into the backside of his offensive linemen and fumbling at any moment. (AP Photo/L.G. Patterson)

The key is that the Eagles are playing better and is a home game for them. Pitt is not playing better and you can see clearly that Burgerman is still hurting and Dallas has a great pass rush...I see easily Eagles beating Cincy and Dallas pulling out win too.

From the beating houston took from the Pats, I can see Houston laying out the Colts big time which is a high probability that will happen.

By 7:30pm or so on Sunday we will know where we stand. This is all then on the Jets living up to a spotlight game on Monday night and this will be all on Rex's shoulders to have them ready to play with a lot on the line.

Both Michael Vick and LeSean McCoy have both been declared out for the Eagles game tomorrow night against the Cincinnati Bengals....ugh

Full story - http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2012/12/michael_vick_lesean_mccoy_both.html#incart_more_sports

no, they could win 2 of 3 and we can still get in IF Cincy is their lone loss and Cincy then beats Philly and loses to Bal.

This only works if the Colts lose all 3 of their remaining games. The Steelers winning 2 of 3 coupled with the Colts winning 1 of 3 means we're out. Period.

We're basically 1.5 games back of the Steelers. So yeah.

we can finihsh tied w/ Pitt and get in IF Cincy is tied as well having beaten Pitt in week 16 and Cincy loses in week 17. Cincy would get the tiebreak over Pitt then we would get it over Cincy

yeah we'd rather have pitt and Cincy lose 2 of 3 so we don't have to deal w/ tiebreakers but we only really need Pitt to lose 1 game(vs. Cincy).

we can finihsh tied w/ Pitt and get in IF Cincy is tied as well having beaten Pitt in week 16 and Cincy loses in week 17. Cincy would get the tiebreak over Pitt then we would get it over Cincy

yeah we'd rather have pitt and Cincy lose 2 of 3 so we don't have to deal w/ tiebreakers but we only really need Pitt to lose 1 game(vs. Cincy).

Isn't the tiebreaker for 3-way ties record against the other 2 teams? We went 0-1 against the Steelers and Bengals combined. We can only vault ahead of ONE of those teams (the one that goes 0-2), not both, in the event of a 3-way tie.

Therefore, Colts would get the 5-seed and Bengals or Steelers would get the 6, whichever one wins the Week 16 game.

This only works if the Colts lose all 3 of their remaining games. The Steelers winning 2 of 3 coupled with the Colts winning 1 of 3 means we're out. Period.

I thought we needed them to finish tied w/ Cincy, I could be wrong. Let's hope they loses to dallas this week and Cincy next week then Cincy loses to Bal. I know we are in undre that scenario.

Isn't the tiebreaker for 3-way ties record against the other 2 teams? We went 0-1 against the Steelers and Bengals combined. We can only vault ahead of ONE of those teams (the one that goes 0-2), not both, in the event of a 3-way tie.

Therefore, Colts would get the 5-seed and Bengals or Steelers would get the 6, whichever one wins the Week 16 game.

If there are more than 2 teams and 2 are in the same divison they use the div tiebreakers to knock out one of those teams so if Cincy holds it over Pitt we'd then matchup w/ Cincy in tiebreakers.

If there are more than 2 teams and 2 are in the same divison they use the div tiebreakers to knock out one of those teams so if Cincy holds it over Pitt we'd then matchup w/ Cincy in tiebreakers.

ESPN playoff machine says you are wrong

ESPN playoff machine says you are wrong

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

• Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

• Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

I think this is being looked at wrong, there is no way steelers and jets finish 9-7 and the Jets get in

I think this is being looked at wrong, there is no way steelers and jets finish 9-7 and the Jets get in

Three way ties eliminate the head to head, unless there is a sweep. Its always been a big complaint for certain teams. If they were to tie the Bengals for example the Bengals knock them out and then the Jets might ko the Bengals. It seems pretty unfair that the same 9-7 record doesnt get you in when you have a head to head against the team that does. Its even worse when its the 3 way tie for 2 spots and you are the team that ends up totally out even if you beat both teams but didnt sweep that other team in your division and lost out on one of the divisional tiebreakers.

Archived