Is Revis a Falcons Fan? Or....

JustInFudge

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched The Avengers again the other night. It's bullsh*t they let Norton go, definitely didn't make Banner any better.

Norton wasn't great as Banner anyways. I kinda liked Ruffalo. Banner should be a pretty unimposing dude and he does the whole aloof genius thing well enough. Plus that's a tiny gripe. Once he Hulks out, who gives a ****.

http://sportsmasher....ta-falcons-hat/

At 9:06PM last night, injured star CB for the New York Jets, Darrelle Revis, tweeted out a picture of himself wearing an Atlanta Falcons hat. Jet fans have had to deal with Revis’ loyalty issues in the past throughout multiple contract disputes, and now watch him flaunt another team’s colors in the national spotlight at a Nike event for his new shoes.

revisfalconspic.png

Revis… stop being an idiot. I get it. You want to wear cool clothes and you think that hat looks good (it doesn’t). But when you play for an NFL team, there is a large fan base that spends alot of money supporting you and that team… and they do not want to see you in any colors other than green and white at the moment.

To further prove the point that he is a moron, he tweeted this after the Jets’ last victory:

That hat makes his legs look skinny

Funny sh*t...younger generation doesn't give a sh*t about the name of the team...only how it makes them look...the name on the back more important than the name on the front...Revis is not give any team a hometown discount...so even if he liked the Steelers...I'd doubt he'd sign with unless they matched the money from the highest bidder...which Pittsburgh has not typically done.

The only people who would care about "branding" are the fans who somehow get branded at an early age...often with parental support...and bemoan the fact the many of their favorite players have zero loyalty.

Norton wasn't great as Banner anyways. I kinda liked Ruffalo. Banner should be a pretty unimposing dude and he does the whole aloof genius thing well enough. Plus that's a tiny gripe. Once he Hulks out, who gives a ****.

Yeah, I like Nortan as an actor, but he was nondescript as Banner. Supposedly he was an ahole on the set/production of Incredible Hulk so Marvel Studios decided to get someone else to play Banner.

Funny sh*t...younger generation doesn't give a sh*t about the name of the team...only how it makes them look...the name on the back more important than the name on the front...Revis is not give any team a hometown discount...so even if he liked the Steelers...I'd doubt he'd sign with unless they matched the money from the highest bidder...which Pittsburgh has not typically done.

The only people who would care about "branding" are the fans who somehow get branded at an early age...often with parental support...and bemoan the fact the many of their favorite players have zero loyalty.

This. I root for the laundry. Really could care less what any of the players wear when they're not on the field. Shaun Ellis almost won a Super Bowl with the Patriots last year and didn't even think twice about it.

Typical Jets. Greatest player we've ever had and he's unlikeable and getting more so all the time. Although, this does remind me of the time Ray Nietschke was wearing a Cleveland Brow- no it doesn't. But I do remember Lawrence Taylor wearing a Patri- no I don't.

yeah it's not like I really care but meh. At least wear a Browns hat.

OMG!!!! :scare: A player is wearing the logo and colors of another team! Oh the horror! I cant be a fan now! All those jerseys and t-shirts and hats I bought for the jets fans on my list has got to go back now. Give me a break. Stop caring about what "fashion" players choose to wear. He's not a fan of the jets. He's only here for the money. Its a job for him.

Contrary to popular jiflief, this has nothing to do with fashion. It has to do with possibly the greatest Jets player of all time, wearing a Falcons hat, at a photo shoot, while he's on IR, as a member of the New York Jets. You think the guy writing his checks is happy about this?

This would be like me taking a picture on my LinkedIn account wearing a polo with a logo of one of my competitors.

I agree. Not a smart move on his part, but still nothing to care about.

Based on the responses, I'm not the only one annoyed.

That hat makes his legs look skinny

Does he have his jeans tucked into his shoes?

seriously though, what can we get in a trade for this guy in the last year of his contract, coming of a season ending injury? has our defense really suffered much without him. I thought that it would but Cro has filled in admirably covering the opp #1 most of the time. We could use the pick(s) imo. Also, I felt this way before today but this is spitting in the face of the jets FO. Then again, maybe he felt that they spit in his face first with the whole band aid situation this offseason. OR maybe he felt this would make the decision makers want him even more ala Braylon calling them idiots and them claiming him a week later. Maybe the jets FO suffers from battered wife syndrome?(I am not making light of battered wife syndrome)

There is no trade of Revis where the Jets come out on the winning side. they can never get value for a player this good.

Even if that's true, if the Jets become convinced Revis is going to walk next year, they'll have to seriously consider the fact that getting something in return is better than nothing.

Archived