Is Revis a Falcons Fan? Or....

JustInFudge

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if that's true, if the Jets become convinced Revis is going to walk next year, they'll have to seriously consider the fact that getting something in return is better than nothing.

the laws of supply and demand made a deal more likely a couple years ago rather than now, after a season ender. Trade Revis after the AFC CG maybe you get value with a Hershal Walker type of heist. His value was at a high then. It's at a low now. I still don't like trading him but trading him at a low cause you are too cheap to sign the best defender in the league is a bad move.

if anything, that injury gave the Jets leverage to get a deal done. Revis has been troublesome from a contract perspective but he's better than 99% of his peers. And that includes the 2 or 3 first rounders that a trade might yield.

the laws of supply and demand made a deal more likely a couple years ago rather than now, after a season ender. Trade Revis after the AFC CG maybe you get value with a Hershal Walker type of heist. His value was at a high then. It's at a low now. I still don't like trading him but trading him at a low cause you are too cheap to sign the best defender in the league is a bad move.

if anything, that injury gave the Jets leverage to get a deal done. Revis has been troublesome from a contract perspective but he's better than 99% of his peers. And that includes the 2 or 3 first rounders that a trade might yield.

But maybe we can find ourselves a franchise qb with those picks. That will help us more then revis will

http://sportsmasher....ta-falcons-hat/

At 9:06PM last night, injured star CB for the New York Jets, Darrelle Revis, tweeted out a picture of himself wearing an Atlanta Falcons hat. Jet fans have had to deal with Revis’ loyalty issues in the past throughout multiple contract disputes, and now watch him flaunt another team’s colors in the national spotlight at a Nike event for his new shoes.

revisfalconspic.png

Revis… stop being an idiot. I get it. You want to wear cool clothes and you think that hat looks good (it doesn’t). But when you play for an NFL team, there is a large fan base that spends alot of money supporting you and that team… and they do not want to see you in any colors other than green and white at the moment.

To further prove the point that he is a moron, he tweeted this after the Jets’ last victory:

For once I agree with Jif, damn, I feel sleazy

in this draft the choices are Geno Smith, Matt Barkley etc. Wanting a franchise QB is fine, getting one takes some good fortune.

What it takes is ingenuity. It takes scouting. It takes understanding the qualities that franchise quarterbacks possess. It takes having an offensive philosophy and meshing an appropriate QB into your system. It takes having the proper coaches to teach and nurture and groom a qb. It takes patience and resolve to find the right player. It takes a belief in your people that when you identify the appropriate player, you have the resolve to make the move to get him.

Great QB's are not just drafted, but they are also nurtured and developed. But of course, the appropriate qb needs to be identified.

The Jets have none of these things in place.

What it takes is ingenuity. It takes scouting. It takes understanding the qualities that franchise quarterbacks possess.

yeah well you can send Mario Batalli to the market, if the produce is rotten, it doesn't matter who the cook is. 2013 is a year like Mark's year with Geno Smith being a worse prospect than Stafford and Barkley = Sanchez. There might only be 1 first round QB in Geno.

yeah well you can send Mario Batalli to the market, if the produce is rotten, it doesn't matter who the cook is. 2013 is a year like Mark's year with Geno Smith being a worse prospect than Stafford and Barkley = Sanchez. There might only be 1 first round QB in Geno.

The Jets have been striking out with QB's for YEARS (and I am talking recently here-forgetthe decades). The Jets can not even develop a BACK-UP QB. Forget a starter and franchise player, the Jets can't develop secondary players at the position. Other clubs do it with some consistency.

I understand it is not an exact science, BUT when your batting average is .000, it is time to start thinking that you have the wrong philosophies, development and scouts in place.

What it takes is ingenuity. It takes scouting. It takes understanding the qualities that franchise quarterbacks possess. It takes having an offensive philosophy and meshing an appropriate QB into your system. It takes having the proper coaches to teach and nurture and groom a qb. It takes patience and resolve to find the right player. It takes a belief in your people that when you identify the appropriate player, you have the resolve to make the move to get him.

Great QB's are not just drafted, but they are also nurtured and developed. But of course, the appropriate qb needs to be identified.

The Jets have none of these things in place.

yea coaching and such all has a part in it but some qbs just arnt meant to be in the NFL. Some are just not good enough ie: Sanchez

The Jets have been striking out with QB's for YEARS (and I am talking recently here-forgetthe decades). The Jets can not even develop a BACK-UP QB. Forget a starter and franchise player, the Jets can't develop secondary players at the position. Other clubs do it with some consistency.

I understand it is not an exact science, BUT when your batting average is .000, it is time to start thinking that you have the wrong philosophies, development and scouts in place.

you are looking at it purely inward... at the Jets. The Jets could have Ron Wolf at GM and Bill Parcells at HC they aren't getting a franchise Qb in 2013. no one is.

you are looking at it purely inward... at the Jets. The Jets could have Ron Wolf at GM and Bill Parcells at HC they aren't getting a franchise Qb in 2013. no one is.

I am looking back at the 4 years of this regime---They have not been able to have a cogent offensive strategy, nor been able to scout and develop players on that side of the ball.

It is a real problem, regardless of who is available in this draft.

The only way Revis gets traded is if Rexenbaum gets fired and Woody gets convinced by the new GM to burn it down and start over. IMO, the defense has shown an ability to function without Revis, anyway, so why be the guys signing that check? Go ahead and give the new GM an extra couple picks and some cap space, and look towards 2014.

I am looking back at the 4 years of this regime---They have not been able to have a cogent offensive strategy, nor been able to scout and develop players on that side of the ball.

Fair enough but You don't mention the defense. Which has been the heart of the team. I don't see a future where the team fires Rex and the defense stays at a high level. Yes the offense can be better. But let's not discount the strength of the team.

Fair enough but You don't mention the defense. Which has been the heart of the team. I don't see a future where the team fires Rex and the defense stays at a high level. Yes the offense can be better. But let's not discount the strength of the team.

The team isn't just one position away from being a contender, anyway. The picks from a hypothetical Revis trade could get you corners, LBs, TEs, etc. There's a severe paucity of young talent in the squad outside of Wilkerson, Kerley and maybe Coples. When this team hits the cliff next season, it's going to hit it hard.

I really don't see any special "schemes" that Rex uses that makes the Jets defense any more special than the personnel on it. Does he have packages that get to the QB any more? Not seeing the pressure they apply or sacks they get. Is he inventive in personnel groupings? NBot more than someone else would be.

What some tend to forget is that football team management requires that you focus management in all parts of the team-not just the area that you like. Rex can't see mt o do that.

I really don't see any special "schemes" that Rex uses that makes the Jets defense any more special than the personnel on it. Does he have packages that get to the QB any more? Not seeing the pressure they apply or sacks they get. Is he inventive in personnel groupings? NBot more than someone else would be.

this is just wrong. besides the zone/man schemes he invented for the Pats playoff game in 2010, and all the exotic blitzes he's known for (real pressure, fake pressure etc) he also has the 46 scheme which stone cold stops the run. Rex has the defense on lockdown.

trade Revis and then use one of those picks to take a corner... bad idea jeans

(Normally I wear protection, but then I thought, "When am I gonna make it back to Haiti?)

I love Revis, but the team is in decline, the defense has shown that it can compete without him, and money needs to be spent elsewhere to rectify sins of the past--drafting sh*tty backs, wideouts, quarterbacks, etc.

I love Revis, but the team is in decline, the defense has shown that it can compete without him, and money needs to be spent elsewhere to rectify sins of the past--drafting sh*tty backs, wideouts, quarterbacks, etc.

I agree with this. It's not like anyone is excited about trading him away or thinks it's an ideal situation, but under the circumstance it's something that has to be taken under serious consideration. That's only compounded by the fact that Revis could very easily come to the decision that he would rather hit the FA market next offseason, leaving the Jets in the likely circumstance of losing him for nothing after just one more season. The Jets have no means of being able to retain him unless he decides he wants to stay and it's very likely he'll be wanting to maximize his potential earnings, which means not only not signing a contract after coming off of an injured year, but letting there be a FA bidding war for his services.

I think there's a very good chance the Jets have him one year tops anyway, unless they're willing to outbid every team in the league for him as an UFA next year.

I agree with this. It's not like anyone is excited about trading him away or thinks it's an ideal situation, but under the circumstance it's something that has to be taken under serious consideration. That's only compounded by the fact that Revis could very easily come to the decision that he would rather hit the FA market next offseason, leaving the Jets in the likely circumstance of losing him for nothing after just one more season. The Jets have no means of being able to retain him unless he decides he wants to stay and it's very likely he'll be wanting to maximize his potential earnings, which means not only not signing a contract after coming off of an injured year, but letting there be a FA bidding war for his services.

I think there's a very good chance the Jets have him one year tops anyway, unless they're willing to outbid every team in the league for him as an UFA next year.

I think if Revis had his druthers, he'd go someplace else. You just get the feeling that the Rex/Woody/Sanchez atmosphere has never been his cup of tea. Hell, the dude is wearing Falcons gear in a marketing photo. This is where it gets dicey for the Jets--do they let cockroach Tannenbaum make that call? I wouldn't let him anywhere near another big decision like that (or let him pick another QB). Woody really has to consider that sticking with Tanny next year means sticking with Tanny's moves for the next four years.

this is just wrong. besides the zone/man schemes he invented for the Pats playoff game in 2010, and all the exotic blitzes he's known for (real pressure, fake pressure etc) he also has the 46 scheme which stone cold stops the run. Rex has the defense on lockdown.

He coached a great game in that playoff. Unfortunately, that was the last time it happened, as well as the last real team that he beat.

Revis is one of the very best players in the league. It's so rare for the Jets to have one of those guys, and it would be such a shame to lose him. Woody Johnson, no doubt, loves his star power, too.

If the front office is status quo, I think they come to him looking to extend him this winter. If they can't get something done relatively quickly, then I think they put him on the trade market before the draft. If they blow up the front office, they may not even bother trying to negotiate with him.

Crappy situation. As expensive as Revis is/will be, the Jets will never get fair value back in a trade. Complicating things is the fact that (if I'm reading Jason's page correctly) trading Revis will cost the Jets an additional $3M against the cap in 2013.

Revis is one of the very best players in the league. It's so rare for the Jets to have one of those guys, and it would be such a shame to lose him. Woody Johnson, no doubt, loves his star power, too.

If the front office is status quo, I think they come to him looking to extend him this winter. If they can't get something done relatively quickly, then I think they put him on the trade market before the draft. If they blow up the front office, they may not even bother trying to negotiate with him.

Crappy situation. As expensive as Revis is/will be, the Jets will never get fair value back in a trade. Complicating things is the fact that (if I'm reading Jason's page correctly) trading Revis will cost the Jets an additional $3M against the cap in 2013.

It would be so Jetsian to extend a player coming off major knees surgery without seeing him on the field first.

If Revis will not give the Jets a hometown discount, screw him. I know Rex gets enamored in buying high price corner talent, but it is really not the way to build a sustainable football team.

Archived