Murder by Death Mafia (Game Thread)

Move out here. I actually had to move away from the Northwest because of the constant rain. It is depressing. We've been having some nice cool temps over the weekend. We even had snow in the high country, which is a treat. We drove up and played in it.

I watched half of, The Christmas Story, with my 8 year old last night. All that snow in the movie reminds me of being young. Nothing is fun now. It's just cold and wet and miserable all the time. I would love to move somewhere else. I don't mind cold. I just hate cold and rainy. Snow already for ****'s sake.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the record, THIS is a JN mafia game. We talk about boobs, and JiF mentions penis. The world has returned to normal.

Dead people should STFU

Such great betrayal of one as great as I takes time, mon bon ami. Just remember...when you kill me you kill all zat's good in ze world: Democracy, love, crepes, and of course...the menage a troi

I agree that vote does make Kae look pretty town. As for your other nicknames, I'm not sure who they all are. You've done it now. You've confused the blonde.

Don't want to confuse:

Cuco is my name for Verbal...obvious reason.

Chango my name for Integrity...filthy Ape.

Jugs my name for Leelou...cause she has a nice rack.

Cali my name for you...you hot and sticky.

So we agree...the first votes on Arthur were mainly from the previous game...Peach provides the momentum shift...an idea that led to votes on her...Cuco, Chango, Jugs and I all keyed in on Peach's vote...this struck me on re-read as an effective competing train to get Arthur off the ledge...I surmise that Peach is town as a scum teammate would not have placed a momentum vote...hence she did not know he was scum...too risky...I know I'm town so I figure it has to be one of the others...at least that's my theory.

It might be interesting to go back and look at just the votes on Kae. You're right about there probably being a mafia or two on that train. Could even be you. :P

Here are the votes on Kae from day one. I could make a case on any of them. Of course, if she's mafia, then the most likely bus vote of the bunch is Ape's, in my opinion. But I think she's town.

Unvote

Vote: Sakaea

Unvote

Vote Sakadoodeea

unvote, vote Sakaea

I don't like her overreaction to 1 vote.

Case on Kae makes most sense...would also like to look at Jugs...show them to me...

Vote Sakaea

Here are the votes on Kae from day one. I could make a case on any of them. Of course, if she's mafia, then the most likely bus vote of the bunch is Ape's, in my opinion. But I think she's town.

Case me, please. :-)

Also, I'm voting for JC's PR as most annoying.

Listen, I'm glad we caught scum on D1 without doing any actual scum hunting, or really putting any effort in at all... but we got lucky.

People (like you) wanted to do things "for the lulz" and now you are trying to go back to the infancy of the game and make cases out of the joke votes. I ****ing called her "doodeea" as an FU vote because she was getting all huffy about something. It's like when JIF whines about not getting credit for being right, someone inevitably gives him an FU vote.

Gimme a break with this "could have been a bus vote" sh*t. I think you are trying to make a Sak lynch sound more informative than it is.

Here is Sak's vote on Pac - I was on Leelou at the time. Doing exactly what I said I'd do at teh end of last game, pressuring the lurking girlies early in this game.

Gee, I feel loved :tongue:

Vote Pac because I still can't believe he hammered himself.

Pac calls out Sak's vote on him as a ping.

first ping of the game goes to the Ida-ho... get it?

but seriously lame vote here.. big time momentum vote when I explained last game that I didn't mean to hammer myself and my antics were designed to expose the last scum.. which I did.

Verbal makes what I consider a subtle nudge - unlike what he thought he was accusing me of earlier, he's actually pushing a train without taking an out-front position in the case. I say it all the time, vote placement is not always indicative of where the energy is being expended.

Ploy to push you past halfway by the prior game's mod now scum, banking on the "don't lynch prior mod" rule?

Pac takes Verbal's lead on the theory.

Normally I'd look into that but I don't think Sakeaa has been round' long enough to know that's our soft rule.

I set the record straight for Pac. All I did here was state a fact. I was trying to do it impartially though, to see where this went.

She has. I mentioned it on D1 of the last game, where Sakeae was the moderator... when I nailed Lily and nobody wanted to vote her. If you'd been paying any attention... something something seomthing..

Verbal did finally take ownership of his nudge and join the train. The volly between Verbal and Pac felt like testing the waters, and since I nibbled by adding to their theory, they committed.

Unvote

Vote: Sakaea

Sak puts Pac at 4 votes.

OFFICIAL DAY 1 VOTE COUNT

Pac (4): Crusher, Leelou, Hess, Sakaea

Verbal (1): SMC

Leelou(2): JiF, Ape

Hess(2): Pac, 80

Sakaea(1): Verbal

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

AVM floats in out of nowhere and votes JC.

Vote: Jetscode

1 -- Seeing as there are no Big East basketball fans (that I know of) in this forum...I blame you. I also blame you for the oil spill. And Ke$ha. POURQOI JC?!

2 -- no one calls me Flacco and gets away with it. Except that one guy...but no one else who calls me Flacco gets away with it.

Well actually, you and him are the only two. So after this only half the people to call me Flacco will get away with it.

Sak gets butthurt.

lol, you guys are funny. Y'all can poke fun at each other for stupid sh*t, but I can't vote Pac for being a goober last game without getting called an Ida-ho and voted for. And yes, I do know about the soft rule about the mod of the last game. Didn't even enter my mind, tbh

I give her an FU vote for it. Making Leelou go from 2 votes, to 1 vote, and putting Sak at 2.

Unvote

Vote Sakadoodeea

With vote trains that look like this in the infancy of a game, there's really not much of a case to be made on anything. If I'm not mistaken, most of those votes (Crusher on Pac, SMC on Verb, JIF on Leelou, 80 on Hess, Me on Sak, AVM on JC) were jokes, or at least light-hearted and not accompanied by any real casing.

Pac (4): Crusher, Leelou, Hess, Sakaea

Verbal (1): SMC

Leelou(1): JiF

Hess(2): Pac, 80

Sakaea(2): Verbal, Ape

Jetscode (1): AVM

After I moved to Sak, and more votes piled up on Pac, it was Jetscode that came in and said "case on Sak makes the most sense". Makes sense? That she voted Pac thinking she'd be safe from D1 lynch because she modded last game? That's an over-justification imo. AND that vote came when Pac was actually in jeopardy.

To have JC and Lily then come out today and point fingers at people voting Sak is suspect. I've already posted my case on JC, narrative-spun hindsight with a side of audacity. When Pac was at risk, JC made it out like there was a real case on Sak. Pac and Verbal's case.

That's the best I've got today - I think one of either Verbal or JC is scum. I doubt both of them sold-out to draw heat off him. FOS Lily too. I don't like how Lily went from lulz, not paying attention, to uniformed speculation on D1 trains filled with joke votes.

There's not enough there to case somebody, Verb. I'm just putting my thoughts down which may or may not add up with other things later in the game.

Settle down, Ape. I didn't FOS anybody. You are absolutely right that there isn't enough to go on from the info.

Unvote JC Vote Ape.

FU too.

On a more serious note, Leelou's claim of vig doesn't sit well with me. Granted, I don't know the theme material at all, so can't say if a vig would be likely or not. But it doesn't feel right for some reason.

Unvote JC Vote Ape.

FU too.

On a more serious note, Leelou's claim of vig doesn't sit well with me. Granted, I don't know the theme material at all, so can't say if a vig would be likely or not. But it doesn't feel right for some reason.

So, you just switched your vote to me for a return "FU vote"? A day phase late? LOL, okay.

The red is very stinky. Like a soft counter-claim. I don't see a reason to undermine Leelou as long as she's uncountered. I mean, for all intents and purposes, she can be vetted as the game plays out.

I see no reason for the cast doubt, especially to the tune of attributing the doubt to the source material.

Edited by Integrity28

I can't resist the temptation to connect the dots... My case on JC is pretty good *pats self on back*, supposin' I'm right, and Sake and JC are co-scum? She follows my case on him to distance, but then eventually migrates over to voting me for no reason, so she veils it in a delay insult?

No soft claim here, I'm just saying, I don't like her claim.

Apes play connect the dots? Wow, talented. :tongue:

I'm cool with it myself. Like I said, she can be vetted. I don't see the point in casting doubt.

Unvote

Vote Sakasgotabrandnewbag

You are getting fresh. I'd like to see you squirm a bit... in jello.

I'm cool with it myself. Like I said, she can be vetted. I don't see the point in casting doubt.

Unvote

Can someone help me out and explain who peach is? Where the hell did Leelou reveal? I looked but did not see it. Too tired and gotta eat.

Looking over JC's play.

On D1 he put the 4th vote on Sakaea when Pac was legitimately in trouble, stating that "the case on her makes sense". When other votes were barely serious. On D2 he opens the day indicting the earlier voters on Sakaea, with narrative hindsight. Meanwhile he was the only one that cast a vote on her at the time crucial to Pac.

Here were are on D2 with JC getting more votes, he abandons the bullsh*t case on me... and hops on the train with the most momentum.

Interestingly, while my vote was on JC, Verbal (the person who started the train on Sakaea) was chiding me for moving me vote from Leelou to JC, but still expressing open support of Leelou's train. He tried to sell it as nudging, when it was nothing of the sort. I've voted Leelou on both days, and blatantly said I thought she needed pressure.

Help Pac along? Trying more like poking a hole in it. Besides, kinda hard to "help" Pac along when I thought I put him at L-1 so JF80 can hammer, but you had screwed that up with your unvote.

I can hold off on Sakaeaeaeaeaeaea and go your way too.

Unvote: Sakaea

Vote: Leelou

We can never go wrong voting Leelou.

Changed my mind.

Vote JC

OFFICIAL DAY 2 VOTE COUNT

Ape(1): Jetscode

Leelou(3): Crusher, AVM, SMC

Jetscode(3): Ape, Sakaea, Lily

SMC(2): Leelou, Hess

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

unvote vote Leelou

Ape train got zero traction...still think it could be any of the three...

Unvote: Ape

Vote: Leelou

I changed my mind, the more I look this over, the more I feel my vote belongs on JC. I'm not going to "shiny object" myself here. I'm playing my read.

Unvote

Vote JC

Unvote

I'm sure you would. Would an ape even eat jello????

And I'm Peach, for some strange reason.

What's your beef? Lily always liked me best.

I will murder you....by death

/stares at studio audience

Lily es le grand amour de ma vie, JC. You would not understand you simpleton! Ha-ha-ha-ha-haaa

Verbal did finally take ownership of his nudge and join the train. The volly between Verbal and Pac felt like testing the waters, and since I nibbled by adding to their theory, they committed.

Holy sh*t, you really do think it all revolves around you, don't you? So I committed to a vote on Sakaea because you "nibbled" on it? Your first sentence is the only thing correct - I took ownership of my nudge and placed my vote accordingly. Full stop. The rest is your bullsh*t.

I'm not going to "shiny object" myself here. I'm playing my read.

Waaayyyyyy too late for that - you flopped a few times already, and I'm sure you'll continue to do so. I'm starting to get a huge scum vibe from your play today. I feel like you're 'acting the normal Ape' while infusing some self conscious statements like this one in there.