P.O.T.W. - 12.12.12

The Gun Of Bavaria

JN might be as bad at picking Captains as Rex Ryan is.

There's only so much a captain can do when the owner and builder of the ship leaves him so little to work with.

Some of us aren't so foolish to simply ignore the failures all around us, and think by doing so will magically fix everything. I'm sorry if the fact that some of us want to actually work for success is something you can't handle. If all you want to do is embrace failure, you go right ahead and do that. In the meantime, I'll continue to fight to keep striving for the best and not accepting mediocrity as some sort of accomplishment.

You may be the Herm Edwards to EDV's Chad Pennington, and so the odds may be stocked against me, but I'll be damned if I'll let that dilute my expectations to the point where I accept mediocrity as excellence, as you two have convinced so many around here to do. A strong captain knows that the best decisions won't always be the most popular ones, but they won't let that stop them. Say what you want now, but I can assure you, down the road you'll come to realize I was right all along. Whether you'll be man enough to be able to admit it is up to you.

There's only so much a captain can do when the owner and builder of the ship leaves him so little to work with.

Some of us aren't so foolish to simply ignore the failures all around us, and think by doing so will magically fix everything. I'm sorry if the fact that some of us want to actually work for success is something you can't handle. If all you want to do is embrace failure, you go right ahead and do that. In the meantime, I'll continue to fight to keep striving for the best and not accepting mediocrity as some sort of accomplishment.

You may be the Herm Edwards to EDV's Chad Pennington, and so the odds may be stocked against me, but I'll be damned if I'll let that dilute my expectations to the point where I accept mediocrity as excellence, as you two have convinced so many around here to do. A strong captain knows that the best decisions won't always be the most popular ones, but they won't let that stop them. Say what you want now, but I can assure you, down the road you'll come to realize I was right all along. Whether you'll be man enough to be able to admit it is up to you.

So little to work with? I can't help it if you aren't a leader. We have supplied the infrastructure, the tools and the talent. You are the one that can't be counted on. Because of JetNation you were in the halls of Florham Park. You met Jeremy Kerley.

When we hand you lemonade you make lemons.

So little to work with? I can't help it if you aren't a leader. We have supplied the infrastructure, the tools and the talent. You are the one that can't be counted on. Because of JetNation you were in the halls of Florham Park. You met Jeremy Kerley.

When we hand you lemonade you make lemons.

JN got me in the halls out floor ham park and all I got was breakfast and to meet our former general manager mr t. What gives?

Keep coming back.

Positive thinking does not win Super Bowls. Tough decision-making does. That often requires making negative evaluations where they are applicable. Crossing your fingers and chanting J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets !!! is not a plan. There is nothing wrong with analyzing the performance of these players and the franchise and coming up with a negative conclusion. It is called rational thinking. If we really were haters, we would not waste so much time watching.

Archived