School Shooting in Newtown CT

Lil Bit Special

This news made me want to drive to my daughter's place of business, take her home with me and hug her. Even tho she's 28 and an Iraqi Freedom Veteran, I still envision walking her to school in her Oshkosh with her backpack . I can't imagine the grief. May God be with all families, relatives and friends.

i just can't imagine the pain those 20 parents are going through

it'll probably hurt the most on Christmas :(

and imagine all the YEARS of therapy the other kids at the school will need from here out. hell even some of the adults at the school.

damn i really need a distraction from this story...its too ****ed up to think about

I live in New Milford, CT which is about 10 miles away. My kids schools were in lockdown all afternoon. My kids have played little league baseball at that school many, many times during travel baseball. A scary day as a parent and very, very sad. Such a senseless act. Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

I live about 8 miles away. my kids school went into a lockdown

scary sh*t. my wife couldn't pick the kids up because they had the roads shut off around the school

everyone around here is in shock. took my kids to see the hobbit to distract them and there were maybe 50 people in the theatre on opening night

my wife knows someone in the newtown school district and she has heard stories that break your heart

insane

unthinkable

madness

I live about 8 miles away. my kids school went into a lockdown

scary sh*t. my wife couldn't pick the kids up because they had the roads shut off around the school

everyone around here is in shock. took my kids to see the hobbit to distract them and there were maybe 50 people in the theatre on opening night

my wife knows someone in the newtown school district and she has heard stories that break your heart

insane

unthinkable

madness

Wow dude. Glad all of your kids are ok. I could not imagine. Prayers to the victims and families.

still feeling pretty down about this. when I pick up my 8 year old from after school care they now have the doors locked and require a call before they'll let you in. I walk in and see those happy faces playing, dancing, arguing lol, and it just breaks my heart. those poor kids... the poor parents who have to live with that pain for the rest of their lives. Aside from 911 there's never been a tragedy that has impacted me so profoundly. I really hope there is a heaven and these children and teachers are together playing, laughing, and looking down on their loved ones.

****ing coward shot himself. what a ****ing evil piece of scum. how could anyone shoot kindergarten children?

As a general rule mass murderers are deeply depressed individuals who have had a lifetime worth of striving for power and/or recognition but always getting laughed at. Parental neglect/abuse of some sort is often present as well. They are almost always suicidal, and view the mass murders they commit as some sort of martyrdom so that they will be noticed, and not laughed at, when they remove themselves from earth. The one thing that separates mass murderers from serial killers, is that mass murderers never even think about an escape plan or any sort of forensic counter-measures.

So, the short version is that these people are typically depressed, paranoid, individuals who's problems are untreated (and sometimes unnoticed) for a long period of time. They then suffer some sort of emotional/mental traumatic event, which leads to a psychotic break.

An even shorter, simpler version is that he was, indeed, a sick ****.

Archived