No hometown discount from Landry for Jets

Scott Dierking

Don't be silly, Frank. Trevor Pryce signed here once.

Congrats we signed an over the hill DE that contributed nothing-positive about that

If you cant see why that example is relevant to the conversation than I cant help you. He was waived, told he would be resigned and he chose to come play for Rex instead of the Ravens.

GFY's

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If teams are getting better around you, and you fall behind more teams, it is a decline. Don't see how it can be viewed any other way. Outside of a win this year vs a Colts team that was still feeling its way, the Jets have not had a win against a very good team in 2 years (Patriots playoff game).

So if the Steelers make the playoffs at 9-7 after a 12-4 season, are they on the decline?

Oh well

Right, but if they had gone 9-7 and missed the playoffs it is still better than 8-8 and missed the playoffs. The teams around them didn't actually get better. That's why they were still in the playoff hunt despite their sh*tty performance. It still might end up being status quo. I'm not saying that is enough reason to keep them, but it's a joke to be yapping about a decline when the record is the same. Stagnant is often enough to get people fired.

Right, but if they had gone 9-7 and missed the playoffs it is still better than 8-8 and missed the playoffs. The teams around them didn't actually get better. That's why they were still in the playoff hunt despite their sh*tty performance. It still might end up being status quo. I'm not saying that is enough reason to keep them, but it's a joke to be yapping about a decline when the record is the same. Stagnant is often enough to get people fired.

This season has been an abortion. Any attempt to characterize it as anything else is putting icing on a turd.

The men in charge should be relieved of their jobs

Archived