Colin Kaepernick is NOT about that life

Blackout

1 minute ago, ljr said:

Sounds like you are admitting Kaeps personal agenda hurts his team's goal of trying to win games to me 

No, I'm saying it makes no difference. The 49ers were and are a terrible football team. They are starting Blaine Gabbert for goodness sakes. The 49ers were going to stink this year regardless. 

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The workplace is not the place to make political grandstanding gestures or to pontificate your own biases and grudges about society.

Most people in most jobs get fired, on the spot, for doing that.

I respect Kaep's right to speak his mind.  I respect society's right to retort to that speech however it sees fit (within the law of course).

I do not respect taking one's job and making it about something other than the job.

Just another example of how privileged Kaep actually is, he is an elite, amongst the most privileged people in our country.  The rules for him and not the rules for us average Joe's, not at work, not in the courts, not anywhere.  

Having someone like that whine to me how hard it is is pretty funny to me.  

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

The workplace is not the place to make political grandstanding gestures or to pontificate your own biases and grudges about society.

I respect Kaep's right to speak his mind.  I respect society's right to retort to that speech however it sees fit (within the law of course).

I do not respect taking one's job and making it about something other than the job.

Just another example of how privileged Kaep actually is, he is an elite, amongst the most privileged people in our country.  The rules for him and not the rules for us average Joe's, not at work, not in the courts, not anywhere.  

Please define  what you consider "whining." Because nothing I've heard from Kaep's mouth sounds like whining to me. 

6 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

No, I'm saying it makes no difference. The 49ers were and are a terrible football team. They are starting Blaine Gabbert for goodness sakes. The 49ers were going to stink this year regardless. 

If it makes no difference then let's say he was the #2 QB for the Broncos.

I'll repeat from above, an nfl TEAM is a group of people working together towards the common goal of winning games & ultimately  the Super Bowl 

Would Kaep's bringing in an outside personal agenda then detract from the Broncos TEAM goal of winning?

13 hours ago, Tinstar said:

If anyone thinks that Keap is breaking any of our country's laws or Violating any of the NFL regulations, then they should take the appropriate action . Since nothing has been done yet, I would have to say that no laws or Regulations have been broken .  The NFL deem that the wearing of this decal was an alteration of the uniform and made a ruling against it , Where is the double standard .

So when they wear pink for breast cancer it doesn't alter the uniform??

4 minutes ago, ljr said:

If it makes no difference then let's say he was the #2 QB for the Broncos.

I'll repeat from above, an nfl TEAM is a group of people working together towards the common goal of winning games & ultimately  the Super Bowl 

Would Kaep's bringing in an outside personal agenda the. detract from the Broncos TEAM goal?

If it is such a problem how come he made their final roster? If Kelly had a huge problem with it or it was causing serious discord in the locker room there is an easy fix. Kaep's contract is extremely team friendly, it's been in all the papers. 

But the 49ers chose not to go that route, did they? I wonder why?

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Again, league approved. 

Yet the league approves of Kap disrespecting the flag as a Vet that disgusts me.. The country is really going nuts..:angry: I wonder how much influence Kaps fiance a muslim and BLM activist had to do with his protest??  

4 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Yet the league approves of Kap disrespecting the flag as a Vet that disgusts me.. The country is really going nuts..:angry: I wonder how much influence Kaps fiance a muslim and BLM activist had to do with his protest??  

The league doesn't approve of it but it would be illegal for them to say he can't do it because it would be a violation of his first amendment rights. This isn't rocket science. 

7 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

The league doesn't approve of it but it would be illegal for them to say he can't do it because it would be a violation of his first amendment rights. This isn't rocket science. 

The commissioner works for the owners if the league backed by the owners said you can not use the work place for a protest it doesn't violate his rights.. Could you stop selling marine products and instead start protesting at work and keep your job?? 

Just now, Savage69 said:

The commissioner works for the owners if the league backed by the owners said you can not use the work place for a protest it doesn't violate his rights.. Could you stop selling marine products and instead start protesting at work and keep your job?? 

Probably. Because I don't work for assholes.

36 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

If it is such a problem how come he made their final roster? If Kelly had a huge problem with it or it was causing serious discord in the locker room there is an easy fix. Kaep's contract is extremely team friendly, it's been in all the papers. 

But the 49ers chose not to go that route, did they? I wonder why?

Nice dodge to avoid answering the question ... As you know it does hurt the team.

as for your questions my answers would be

A combination of - physical talent-wise he's better than the other options at #2 QB before all this came out, Chip or above him not wanting to rock the PR boat at this point, and/or Chip believing he is powerful enough to overcome it.

Just now, ljr said:

Nice dodge to avoid answering the question ... As you know it does hurt the team.

as for your questions my answers would be

A combination of - physical talent-wise he's better than the other options at #2 QB before all this came out, Chip or above him not wanting to rock the PR boat at this point, and/or Chip believing he is powerful enough to overcome it.

Ummm, unlike I did answer your question. Could you please provide a link of anyone on the 49ers complaining that this is having a negative impact on their locker room?

1 hour ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I'm starting to get the feeling that this is a much bigger distraction to you than it is for anyone in the 49er locker room. 

Nah, simply like pointing out The error of your line of thought

my feelings are irrelevant to the 49er locker-room ... But they are having to deal with the topic ... Whether it is a major distraction or minor distraction could be debated ... The fact that it is a distraction can not

55 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Please define  what you consider "whining." Because nothing I've heard from Kaep's mouth sounds like whining to me. 

I'd love to, but that would breach the "No Politics" rule on this forum, and I don't intend to do that.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

EXACTLY!!!

Well Said ?

2 minutes ago, ljr said:

Nah, simply like pointing out The error of your line of thought

my feelings are irrelevant to the 49er locker-room ... But they are having to deal with the topic ... Whether it is a major distraction or minor distraction could be debated ... The fact that it is a distraction can not

That's funny because you keep using the distraction argument as if it's some kind of trump card. 

Again, where is your evidence that this has been a distraction to them at all? This has been an extraordinarily well covered story yet I have not heard a single complaint that this is causing a problem in the locker room, not even from an anonymous source. 

Archived