Colin Kaepernick is NOT about that life

Blackout

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ur nuts. He is threading the needle

And how often is he able to do that? One out of every five throws. The difference between his throwing and A Rodgers is like night and day. The point I'm making is that the emphasis on passing may be overrated provided you are willing to take on the injury risk of a running quarterback.

Here is the funny thing about the game. There is not a single NFL "expert" that would have believed in or respected a near 200 yd rushing performance by a QB. All o them would have thought it "beneath" a true QB. Congrats to Kaepernick and Harbaugh for sticking it to them.

Yes he did kill them with his legs, but he was throwing it all over the yard too. The throw to Vernon Davis over the shoulder was a beauty.

That was a nice throw and I'm probably being hard on him. It's only his first year I think so he will only get better.

I buy the concussions and bruised ribs but the ACL could happen to anyone, Tom Brady, hello.

Sure it can happen to anyone. Football is a dangerous game.

But when you have an offense that incorporates alot of "read option" stuff, the risk of injury is higher, especially for a player who's physical stature is not designed to take that kind of "regular" punishment. It's just common sense.

You can do it in college, when there may be 3 or 4 "NFL type" defensive players on the field on a regular basis. But not in the NFL, where every player on the field is one of top 3 or 4 physical specimens on their college team.

And in a league where stability at the QB position is critical to extended success, I'd rather run a traditional pocket passing game (i.e. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rogers, etc...) over these running, "read-option" style offenses any day.

And I think it will play out that way over time, but we'll see.

Just my opinion.

No. I have rights. I lived in NY before movin to Miami and then Chicago. Former Tebow fan but not a troll.

You have every right to be a Tebow troll. I just wanted to point out that's why you came here since you're talking about somebody's ability to throw as a Tebow cheerleader.

Lets put this in Rex perspective, Sanchez being clearly a prettier passer, would Colin have supplanted him? I'm not sure, he is too conservative and it makes no sense.

Colin just whipped the best passing quarterback in the entire league.

I am stunned at how well kaepernick is playing and how bad teams are against him. He did some amazing things tonight.

Unfortunatley because of my NC State ties thus Russell Wilson I have to pull for the Seahawks next week after they dispatch the Falcons. Colin is a good kid but I like Russell better.

Lets put this in Rex perspective, Sanchez being clearly a prettier passer, would Colin have supplanted him? I'm not sure, he is too conservative and it makes no sense.

No because Rex is a clueless ****ing idiot with a Sanchez tattoo, he would have had him pack on 20 pounds and run up the middle for 2 yards at a time.

You have every right to be a Tebow troll. I just wanted to point out that's why you came here since you're talking about somebody's ability to throw as a Tebow cheerleader.

I admit that was trolling. I'll try not to do that next time. I'm more pointing out that its unfair, I'm giving up the cheerleading, he needs to prove hi spec before I jump on his bandwagon again.

I wouldn't say that.

Kaepernick whipped a pretty bad Packer defense while Rogers was playing against one of the top 3 defenses in the league with very little running game at his disposal.

I give Kaepernick credit though, he played VERY well tonight.

Interested to see whether he can repeat the performance against Seattle if they get there next week.

i'm looking pretty smart since making this thread...Kaep was horrible today

Yep ... nothing short of a genius you is. At least you're consistant, dude.

But hey - those Packers think they're pretty cool having Kap set those records against them - but they ain't sheet.

WE were the first ones to get sodomized by Kap's open field capabilities - all those other teams are wannabe's

I'm feeling pretty good. Colin stuck it to pretty boy Rodgers thereby setting up a monstrous showdown, a battle royal with the Seahawks. Go Russell Wilson, make NC State and Wisconsin proud! Yeah boy!

And the evil Tebow Troll in me is as happy as hell that Manning and Elway went down in flames. Burn baby burn.

John Fox's play calling still sucks.

I forgot to mentioned, two glasses of wine, one Hennessey, one ambien and one Hydrocodone ;)

Could blackout be any more wrong? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

1-call me when he's a SB winner

2-he sure impressed the hell out of me tonight but if you asked Alex Smith to pass the ball 31 times he'd have 25 completions which eliminates a lot of those rushing yards

3-49ers win the SB unless they somehow run into baltimore....no way does ATL or Seattle stop them next week and Crazycarl's Patriots already showed they can't win against Justin and Aldon Smith together

2-he sure impressed the hell out of me tonight but if you asked Alex Smith to pass the ball 31 times he'd have 25 completions which eliminates a lot of those rushing yards

3-49ers win the SB unless they somehow run into baltimore....no way does ATL or Seattle stop them next week and Crazycarl's Patriots already showed they can't win against Justin and Aldon Smith together

Alex Smith for MVP

What make you think Seattle can't handle them? They ready whipped their ass on e this year. The defense is a lot better than Green Bay and might even be better tha the Niners. They will put a hurting on Kaepernick.

What make you think Seattle can't handle them? They ready whipped their ass on e this year. The defense is a lot better than Green Bay and might even be better tha the Niners. They will put a hurting on Kaepernick.

justin smith was out that game week 16

and seattle has no WR's that scare anyone...but don't get me wrong i love watching Wilson at QB...he's my ROY

justin smith was out that game week 16

and seattle has no WR's that scare anyone...but don't get me wrong i love watching Wilson at QB...he's my ROY

SF has better receiver but we got shutdown defensive backs Score Even

SF has Frank Gore and a strong offensive line, Seattle has M Lynch and a solid offensive line Score Even

SF has good linebackers, Seattle has good linebackers. Score Even

SF has Colin K. Seattle has R. Wilson. Score to be determined

Good Seahawks! Show then who is best, never like then damn Niners!

SF has better receiver but we got shutdown defensive backs Score Even

SF has Frank Gore and a strong offensive line, Seattle has M Lynch and a solid offensive line Score Even

SF has good linebackers, Seattle has good linebackers. Score Even

SF has Colin K. Seattle has R. Wilson. Score to be determined

Good Seahawks! Show then who is best, never like then damn Niners!

lol hey man i wish you luck...with the obvious exception of patriot fans i envy fans of the other teams for getting to see your team alive in the playoffs and hope u get a SB win

No running QB has ever won a title. Even if they make it through the regular season without dying, defenders won't give a shizz about killing them in a playoff game, and that's when your title run ends. Newton, RGIII, etc will only win the Super Bowl when they stop leaving the pocket.

Still feel the same way now?

This is the exact reason why running offenses that utilize these types of QB's this will not be a long term trend in the NFL.

The physical toll of the NFL will destroy these QB's to the point where QB careers will be cut in half, and it just won't be a viable strategy for teams to take long term, and if you want to be a stable franchise, you need long term stability at that position.

The RGIII's, Kapernicks, and Newtons play a style that will only be a fad and will pass as more injuries like the one to RG III occur.

And they will occur.

How many hits did Kappy take last night? The anwser not many, why? Because he is coached to know when to slide, or get out of bounds when it is blatantly obvious there is no more yards to gain. Oh and you can't hit what you can't catch!

you just said in one post that running QB,s are a high risk and why would they be signed to a long term contract if they are such a risk.Now you say they are the wave of the future.Which is it?

I never said that's how I feel, I am just speculating how NFL franchises will evaluate the risk factor in paying these guys long term money if they believe the risk is to high playing this style in the NFL. IMO there are only a few who can do what Kappy can do, just like there are only a few who can do what Brady, and Manning can do, IMO those guys will get my $$$$$ if I was running a franchise.

this mutha****er had damn near 200 on the ground and 200 through the air...thats awesomeness...must be fun to be a niners fan

i don't know how awesome it is. i think it just goes to show that defensive football is being ruined. idk whose falt it is exactly and i know that the packers don't have a great defense anyway but it's a league-wide trend and it sorely disappointing imo. gone are the days where anyone can ever dream of having a defense lie the '85 bears, or the steel curtain or the 2000 ravens. the broncos were the 2nd best defense in the league this year and just gave up 35 points and if you watched that game then you'd know that just about every one of those pass interference calls were ****ing atrocious. i undrstand that offens is exciting......but to completely compromise on half of the game is sad and i'm not a fan.

i don't know how awesome it is. i think it just goes to show that defensive football is being ruined. idk whose falt it is exactly and i know that the packers don't have a great defense anyway but it's a league-wide trend and it sorely disappointing imo. gone are the days where anyone can ever dream of having a defense lie the '85 bears, or the steel curtain or the 2000 ravens. the broncos were the 2nd best defense in the league this year and just gave up 35 points and if you watched that game then you'd know that just about every one of those pass interference calls were ****ing atrocious. i undrstand that offens is exciting......but to completely compromise on half of the game is sad and i'm not a fan.

Its the rule changes for player safety that are causing this, it's almost to the point where defenses are afraid to "level" a quarterback. The risk of having a running quarterback is not as great as it used to be while the upside is huge. When a quarterback takes off for a twenty yard run it demoralizes the defense. There will be more read option going forward not less. And teams will have read option backup quarterbacks who can probably come in much easiest than a traditional second stringer.

How many hits did Kappy take last night? The anwser not many, why? Because he is coached to know when to slide, or get out of bounds when it is blatantly obvious there is no more yards to gain. Oh and you can't hit what you can't catch!

Yup, for all the talk About RG3 being the future of the QB position, I think Kaepernick may better fit that mold, I don't see anything he can't do, rifle arm, blazing speed, huge, and amazingly does not seem to take big hits, where RG3 seems to be always getting banged around.

Archived