Colin Kaepernick is NOT about that life

Blackout

41 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

No. The NFL has been steadfast in not allowing messages through uniform. DeAngelo Williams couldn't wear pink to honor his dead mother. If Kaep's protest involved his game day uniform you can bet he'd be fined.

Kaep is performing a civil protest on an agenda he believes in. He's standing up for a cause. In fact, the only people I see being uncivil about it are those speaking out against him, calling him the N word, retarded (right here in this thread), death threats..... While I do agree Kaep has a point, I don't agree with how he's going about it. But at least he's doing something. I chuckle at the whole "don't tread on me" crowd treading all over Kaep, and we all know why who are we fooling? Bottom line, this country was at its best when authority was being questioned and young people stood for change. There are many atrocities being committed across racial lines, poverty lines, etc. it's nice to see a young man worried more about actual issues than his friggin Instagram selfies. So maybe he's going about it wrong, but at least he's going about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly believe he has a right to stand up for a cause that he believes in.

his method to do so of disrespect our flag causes people , myself included, to believe he should be called out for it.

go to the league and tell them this is the cause you are going to invest your own time & money in.  Ask them to assist and work with you to set up an ongoing program to support your cause.  Discuss it n your media time after games.  Call attention to it in a respectful way.

pissing on what the flag symbolizes is not the proper means to an end, JMO

the socks were just an extra d*ck move of trying to squeeze one last stream of urine out at the end.  Again, JMO

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Larz said:

The point being fos doesn't mean you are free say whatever you want without consequences. There are many exceptions.  

Agree, you are free to say what you want.   But you have to weigh it against the consequences.  Can't just disrespect the flag, fans, military, etc 

Not sure Kaep understands that 

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Sure you would. Not sure that they'd be on the same level. And he's dealing with them just fine because he has gotten exactly what he wanted. And he's not the only one doing it. 

How has Kaep's personal agenda impacted his team the 49ers?

A - helped

B - hurt

C - none of the above

D - all of the above

3 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

B

Heard yesterday a sports bar owner in South Jersey will not broadcast 49er games in his establishment.

The other 52 players & coaches on the 49ers are dealing with questions and judgments on Kaep's personal issue since it became public ... And they will continue to have to do so as long as he is on the 49ers.

anyone not admitting that Kaep's personal agenda hurts team unity is lying, F'ing around, or full of $h*t

9 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

B

Heard yesterday a sports bar owner in South Jersey will not broadcast 49er games in his establishment.

So a sports bar 3000 miles away from San Francisco is refusing to show the games of a sh*tty team that no one probably ever asks to see in his establishment hurts the 49ers how, exactly? The bar owner still pays for the NFL ticket. A share of that money still goes into Jed York's pocket. 

Its an empty gesture. 

3 minutes ago, ljr said:

The other 52 players & coaches on the 49ers are dealing with questions and judgments on Kaep's personal issue since it became public ... And they will continue to have to do so as long as he is on the 49ers.

anyone not admitting that Kaep's personal agenda hurts team unity is lying, F'ing around, or full of $h*t

Quite the contrary. I've read interviews with 49ers players saying this has brought them closer together as a team. Kaep is pretty well liked in that locker room. 

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

Quite the contrary. I've read interviews with 49ers players saying this has brought them closer together as a team. Kaep is pretty well liked in that locker room. 

So out of the 52 other players & coaching staff you think they all agree with him abut his cause, all agree that this method is the best way to achieve his cause,  all will pull together for his cause , and their chances of winning football games in 2016 has improved ?!?!?!?

lolololololol .... Oh man!!! Too f*cking funny!!!

19 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

So a sports bar 3000 miles away from San Francisco is refusing to show the games of a sh*tty team that no one probably ever asks to see in his establishment hurts the 49ers how, exactly? The bar owner still pays for the NFL ticket. A share of that money still goes into Jed York's pocket. 

Its an empty gesture. 

It's symbolic, sets a precedent, has been reported in the media and may strike a chord with many NFL/49er fans who want to jump on board and want to silently protest what he did.

If that catches on and creates a movement like he allegedly has resulting in viewership and/or fan base shrinkage, it hurts the team.

8 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

It's symbolic, sets a precedent, has been reported in the media and may strike a chord with many NFL/49er fans who want to jump on board and want to silently protest what he did.

If that catches on and creates a movement like he allegedly has resulting in viewership and/or fan base shrinkage, it hurts the team.

Yeah, I sincerely doubt there will be a movement of people not watching NFL football. 

15 minutes ago, ljr said:

So out of the 52 other players & coaching staff you think they all agree with him abut his cause, all agree that this method is the best way to achieve his cause,  all will pull together for his cause , and their chances of winning football games in 2016 has improved ?!?!?!?

I have a feeling the far more of Kaep's teammates are sympathetic to his cause you would like to believe. 

3 minutes ago, ljr said:

and what is your proof that their chances of winning games in 2016 has decreased...

He is being vilified like he committed a criminal act.... He has not... he is engaging in an act of non-violent protest. 

This country was founded on protest, and non-violent protest has led to the improvement of many lives in this country.

The conversation to have is about why he is protesting.  We stick our heads in the sand when fail to have that conversation.

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Yeah, I sincerely doubt there will be a movement of people not watching NFL football. 

Not the hardcore NFL fans, just the casual 49er fans and casual NFL fans that selectively choose what teams they want to watch.

Somewhat like independent and swing voters.

Hardcore 49er fans will watch them regardless.

Just now, Flushing Roots said:

Not the hardcore NFL fans, just the casual 49er fans and casual NFL fans that selectively choose what teams they want to watch.

Hardcore 49er fans will watch them regardless.

Somewhat like independent and swing voters.

There ain't enough "casual fans" to not watch to cost the networks a single ratings point. 

We have the National Anthem at sporting events to honor the freedoms, liberties and the sacrifices made by our service men and women which has made this great nation what it is today. If some people in the stands choose not to stand, not take off there hats or whatever, that's there choice. If Kap wants to sit it out that's his choice and he needs to be man enough to deal with the repercussions of his decision whether they are positive or negative. Which it looks like he is. 

With that said, sports professionals are roll models to people and kids whether they want to be or not. It's just a fact of our society. IMHO I don't think it sets a good example for our kids doing what he's doing. If he wants a platform and wants to speak out against what's going on in this country I feel there are other avenues that he could pursue. I don't see where disrespecting our flag, the National Anthem and what it stands for and the people who have sacrificed their life and limbs helps that particular cause. We are a nation of laws and in every case to my knowledge, please correct me if I'm wrong, that has gone to court no law enforcement officer has been convicted of wrong doing. Some of these judges and jury members were African American and they judged and ruled on fact without prejudice. 

1 minute ago, MaxAF said:

We have the National Anthem at sporting events to honor the freedoms, liberties and the sacrifices made by our service men and women which has made this great nation what it is today. If some people in the stands choose not to stand, not take off there hats or whatever, that's there choice. If Kap wants to sit it out that's his choice and he needs to be man enough to deal with the repercussions of his decision whether they are positive or negative. Which it looks like he is. 

With that said, sports professionals are roll models to people and kids whether they want to be or not. It's just a fact of our society. IMHO I don't think it sets a good example for our kids doing what he's doing. If he wants a platform and wants to speak out against what's going on in this country I feel there are other avenues that he could pursue. I don't see where disrespecting our flag, the National Anthem and what it stands for and the people who have sacrificed their life and limbs helps that particular cause. We are a nation of laws and in every case to my knowledge, please correct me if I'm wrong, that has gone to court no law enforcement officer has been convicted of wrong doing. Some of these judges and jury members were African American and they judged and ruled on fact without prejudice. 

Some might say Kaep is being a very good role model. It's all perspective. 

7 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Some might say Kaep is being a very good role model. It's all perspective. 

He's also not merely leaving it to just symbolic actions.  He's donated $60K to Harlem students for backpacks, and is donating about $1M to social justice groups.  I always thought Kaep was an immature punk during his first few years in the league; apparently he's matured significantly. 

Athletes used to not stand for anything.  Michael Jordan's "Republicans buy sneakers, too" quote had a fairly significant impact on that.  Given the pedestal of importance society gives to athletes, it's nice to see that some of them, at least, are willing to be catalysts for something good. 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's also not merely leaving it to just symbolic actions.  He's donated $60K to Harlem students for backpacks, and is donating about $1M to social justice groups.  I always thought Kaep was an immature punk during his first few years in the league; apparently he's matured significantly. 

Athletes used to not stand for anything.  Michael Jordan's "Republicans buy sneakers, too" quote had a fairly significant impact on that.  Given the pedestal of importance society gives to athletes, it's nice to see that some of them, at least, are willing to be catalysts for something good. 

60k for backpacks?  What about school lunches?  

37 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I have a feeling the far more of Kaep's teammates are sympathetic to his cause you would like to believe. 

This may be true ... However, an  nfl TEAM is a group of people working together towards the common goal of winning games & ultimately  the Super Bowl 

bringing in an outside personal agenda detracts from this TEAM goal.

Just now, ljr said:

This may be true ... However, an  nfl TEAM is a group of people working together towards the common goal of winning games & ultimately  the Super Bowl 

bringing in an outside personal agenda detracts from this TEAM goal.

The 49ers weren't a SB contender to begin with. You think they don't know that already? 

43 minutes ago, LWC611 said:

and what is your proof that their chances of winning games in 2016 has decreased...

He is being vilified like he committed a criminal act.... He has not... he is engaging in an act of non-violent protest. 

This country was founded on protest, and non-violent protest has led to the improvement of many lives in this country.

The conversation to have is about why he is protesting.  We stick our heads in the sand when fail to have that conversation.

Lol ... First sentence straight out of the Geno's Myhero's playbook

if you can't see that having to deal with distractions,  controversy & outside personal interests will hurt the team goal pulling together to achieve victory on the field there is no reason to try and explain it to you.

2 minutes ago, ljr said:

Lol ... First sentence straight out of the Geno's Myhero's playbook

if you can't see that having to deal with distractions,  controversy & outside personal interests will hurt the team goal pulling together to achieve victory on the field there is no reason to try and explain it to you.

I'm starting to get the feeling that this is a much bigger distraction to you than it is for anyone in the 49er locker room. 

8 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

The 49ers weren't a SB contender to begin with. You think they don't know that already? 

Sounds like you are admitting Kaeps personal agenda hurts his team's goal of trying to win games to me 

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No.  What's important is lunches.  Let's not make this political 80.  

I'm so sorry Crusher.  I had no idea you had a kid going to school in Harlem.  I thought you were from the DC area or something.  I will begin a Crowd Funding page for Harlem lunches right now.

Archived