No really: Who are the HC candidates?

SenorGato

The HC is irrelevant at this point. Woody's professional NFL life depends, right now, on finding a High Chancellor to oversee the whole operation, make all the hires, and bring accountability. Woody can be nowhere near a head coaching search. He needs to beg a Polian or a Parcells to come in, build a wall around the personell side, and fix the operation.

Rex's only problem is Sanchez. If he had an average qb he would make the playoffs every year and make noise like he did in the past...

Not true.

The quality of this team diminishes beyond the D-line. Rex can't coach the whole. He excels at coaching the d-line, primarily, and the defense secondarily.

Basically, he's best at doing what he did two jobs ago as d line coach.

The HC is irrelevant at this point. Woody's professional NFL life depends, right now, on finding a High Chancellor to oversee the whole operation, make all the hires, and bring accountability. Woody can be nowhere near a head coaching search. He needs to beg a Polian or a Parcells to come in, build a wall around the personell side, and fix the operation.

This.

The Jets need to become a football-focused organization.

Rex's only problem is Sanchez. If he had an average qb he would make the playoffs every year and make noise like he did in the past...

Sanchez is a huge problem, but in no way is he the only problem.

Rex wants to win like its 1992, problem is you can't.

His team is incredibly undisciplined, poorly coached on offense.

I think it would take a very good QB to make this offense look average.

I still cannot comprehend how the F he went back to Sanchez this year, he should have let McElroy start out, beyond idiotic!

The truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth here.

Woody needs to go out and bring in a GM that knows how to build a team and keep that team on top and if it means dumping Rex then so be it.

From the start of training camp this offense has been an utter disgrace. They always have problems even getting the right personnel on the field, They have not had a rhythm for the game at all. "Hey we just had back to back 20 yards plays, lets go bring Tebow in." How many games this year have the scored more than 20 points offensively ?

3 ?

4 ?

The fact that your best QB right now was inactive for the second straight game ? Rex should have been canned just for that.

All of these issues fall on Tannenbaum, Rex, Sparano and Sanchez. They should all be shown the door if the new GM is so inclined and start rebuilding it from scratch. If that GM wants to bring Andy Reid, go for it, Kyle Shanahan, I am on board.

It won't happen though. Its the Jets, they had their two year run and now we are backing to being a mediocre or complete suckass team.

Funny thing about Kyle Shanahan - he was a lousy OC right up to the point that he got RGIII, no he's a HC candidate.

Just goes to show you are only as good of a HC as your QB.

That is very possible. It could also be because he also has weapons like Santana Moss, Alfred Morris, and Pierre Garcon helping his QB's as well.

The whole Sparano thing has been nothing short of inept. How many times do we have to see this offense scramble just to get right personnel on the field ? Our franchise QB is beyond repair at this point, our receivers get very little if any separation for the defenders, and when the look like they are actually establishing a rhythm they go and bring in Tebow.

Just blow it all up and start from scratch.

Fixed.

No need to fix the truth. Trent Dilfer put it perfectly. You can't draft a Qb that high in the draft and then not develop him. Everyone and their mother knew the kid was very green and they threw him in there and put a red, yellow, and green system into his head.

Just look at last night. He was moving them right along and then they bring in Tebow to kneecap him and stall any momentum.

Don't tell me coaching hasn't hindered this team from the preseason until now.

It's not a good sign that no one here can answer the question posted. Yes, we need a real GM. But who is that GM going to bring in to coach? Are there really no decent HC candidates that we'd be ok with?

the reason that nobody here has answered it (to your satisfaction) is because these smart football fans who know that before any talk of replacing Rex Ryan is even started the whole who is out there to replace Mike Tannenbaum is of more importance. Above even that comes the "does Woody Johnson even see that? Does he have the guts to MAKE that change? Is there anyone who would even WANT to work for one of the worst and most clueless owners in all professional sports?" So Mister Potato head, the real question should be

WHO ARE THE GM CANDIDATES?

No need to fix the truth. Trent Dilfer put it perfectly. You can't draft a Qb that high in the draft and then not develop him. Everyone and their mother knew the kid was very green and they threw him in there and put a red, yellow, and green system into his head.

Just look at last night. He was moving them right along and then they bring in Tebow to kneecap him and stall any momentum.

Don't tell me coaching hasn't hindered this team from the preseason until now.

Then don't keep on about Mark Sanchez being talented enough to be an NFL QB by basically (yet again) exclusively blaming other people for his lack of DNA, as though he would have been good anywhere for anyone.

No one could be this inaccurate and this stupid and have this poor instincts and be a good NFL QB. All these things he does, do you seriously think they haven't all been addressed week after week for years? He will not learn. He cannot learn. He cannot become an accurate passer. He is not a leader. He is a mopey bitch who cannot mentally cope with adversity. He is not of starting NFL talent.

We drafted a bust. Why some will refuse to accept that is beyond my comprehension.

He was moving right along, lol. He completed two - TWO - passes and only one of them was really on target. The pass to Cumberland was merely ok at best and Cumberland made a nice catch. But for Sanchez, coming within 3-4 feet of where he wants the ball to be is considered good. It's pathetic, really.

One would think that a fanbase that watched Chad Pennington - for all his obvious faults - QB its team for years wouldn't now pretend they now do not know what an accurately placed pass looks like.

He's a low-talent bum.

the reason that nobody here has answered it (to your satisfaction) is because these smart football fans who know that before any talk of replacing Rex Ryan is even started the whole who is out there to replace Mike Tannenbaum is of more importance. Above even that comes the "does Woody Johnson even see that? Does he have the guts to MAKE that change? Is there anyone who would even WANT to work for one of the worst and most clueless owners in all professional sports?" So Mister Potato head, the real question should be

WHO ARE THE GM CANDIDATES?

That wasn't the thread topic.

Feel free to start a new thread about Bill Polian, Charlie Casserly, John Dorsey and Marc Ross. But this one is about coaches. My point is the field is weak, no matter who the next GM is.

Feel free to start a new thread about Bill Polian, Charlie Casserly, John Dorsey and Marc Ross. But this one is about coaches. My point is the field is weak, no matter who the next GM is.

Bill O'Brien, Bill Cowher, John Gruden, Chip Kelly, Marty Schottenheimer (yes I said it).

I understnd that but what my contntion is has been that nothin can be done without first changing the GM and then we can start debating head coaching candidates-it's a chicken-egg thing

Archived