Mcelroy to start against San Diego

Matt39

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's gotta be enough born-agains and Gator fans in the tri-state and Buffalo areas. I dunno, makes no sense to me. Seems like that would be enough of a combined demographic to get a decent crowd.

Absolutely, did you hear the crowd when Tebow got into the game last night? They went nuts. Absolutely bonkers for the opposing teams QB.

Sanchez inevitably failed, you traded for the kid as a fail safe, you failed to use him earlier, now the season is really over and now you're not going to play him?

lulz - fire them all

I dont like the "addition by subtraction" logic. Anybody but Tanny, anybody but Rex, Anybody but Mark etc. Or the comment a few weeks ago that Dolan was better than Woody. it is possible that there are several bad choices. Sparano over Schotty for example. Who thinks that was really addition by subtraction? McElroy or Sanchez is possibly another one of these choices. I root for the team and will root for Greg. fwiw i was predicting him to start after AZ and was surprised by the decision to go with Mark. what i was trying to say before is if Greg is great then yes that's an indictment of Rex and whoever decided to go with mark. But we will see. It's possible that they both stink. just because there's alternative doesn't mean it's a better choice.

Absolutely, did you hear the crowd when Tebow got into the game last night? They went nuts. Absolutely bonkers for the opposing teams QB.

Sanchez inevitably failed, you traded for the kid as a fail safe, you failed to use him earlier, now the season is really over and now you're not going to play him?

lulz - fire them all

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

The Jets have informed their QBs that Greg McElroy is starting Sunday.

Well, that was $2.5 million and a 4th rounder well spent.

I think the Jets feel that in no way can Tebow handle a pro style offense or Sparano has no idea what do with him other than run up middle or off tackle.

What other reason can there be ?

I don't even think football is the issue at this point if you're Woody. Honestly. Who the hell in their right mind would go to that game on Sunday? Tebow's the only way you're getting people in the stands.

I dont like the "addition by subtraction" logic. Anybody but Tanny, anybody but Rex, Anybody but Mark etc. Or the comment a few weeks ago that Dolan was better than Woody. it is possible that there are several bad choices. Sparano over Schotty for example. Who thinks that was really addition by subtraction? McElroy or Sanchez is possibly another one of these choices. I root for the team and will root for Greg. fwiw i was predicting him to start after AZ and was surprised by the decision to go with Mark. what i was trying to say before is if Greg is great then yes that's an indictment of Rex and whoever decided to go with mark. But we will see. It's possible that they both stink. just because there's alternative doesn't mean it's a better choice.

I understand your point, I disagree, but understand. This situation is different though. We've seen McElroy. He brought the Jets back from behind. Its not like he's a complete unknown to the team.

To everyone spouting too little too late, this team doesn't win a Super Bowl or even make the playoffs with any of the current QBs on the roster. This offense was set up to fail when they traded for Tebow. Plain and simple.

Dont agree.

I agree no SB or even a playoff run, but we would have made playoffs with McElroy (not Tebow) in there the last month. Lots of close losses that I think would have been W's without the Turnover machine.

To everyone spouting too little too late, this team doesn't win a Super Bowl or even make the playoffs with any of the current QBs on the roster. This offense was set up to fail when they traded for Tebow. Plain and simple.

Pretty sure it was set to fail before Tebow because Mark Sanchez was the QB.

The problem is there was never a plan to do this too early. The Sanchez crash and burn was always the route this team was taking.

SOmething really doesnt add up. Maybe 5 years down the line we'll find out...but there's a disconnect between Woody, Tanny and Rex. It'd be interesting to know who's actually saying what and who wants who to play.

agree

Dont agree.

I agree no SB or even a playoff run, but we would have made playoffs with McElroy (not Tebow) in there the last month. Lots of close losses that I think would have been W's without the Turnover machine.

What on film or otherwise tells you that McElroy wouldn't make mistakes eventually? You saw him for all of what? 3 series? His claim to fame is he got hit late out of bounds. There is nothing right now that says this guy could beat anyone. I hope he proves us wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him struggle next week with a start.

And what makes you think they don't neuter him like they did Sanchez with the red, yellow, green brilliance? This coaching staff is inept.

With the Jets officially eliminated from the playoffs head coach Rex Ryan has decided that backup / third-string  quarterback Greg McElroy, who was inactive for the last two games after leading the Jets to victory over the Arizona Cardinals in relief of an ineffective Mark Sanchez three weeks ago, will be the starter on Sunday against the San Diego Chargers.

Apparently Tim Tebow was never considered an option:

Although Tim Tebow did get an entire offensive series to himself Monday night, the actions of the Jets coaching staff has made it abundantly clear that they don’t view him as more than a gadget player and special teamer.

Source: Roto-World

The chance of Tebow being a member of the Jets in 2013 is certainly in doubt given this move to McElroy.  You can read more about this move and see the reaction of NY Jets fans in the

Sanchez sucks the entertainment out of the games like showing up for a blowjob and getting a root canal.

What on film or otherwise tells you that McElroy wouldn't make mistakes eventually? You saw him for all of what? 3 series? His claim to fame is he got hit late out of bounds. There is nothing right now that says this guy could beat anyone. I hope he proves us wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him struggle next week with a start.

And what makes you think they don't neuter him like they did Sanchez with the red, yellow, green brilliance? This coaching staff is inept.

LOL. Watching NFL football since 1960 and seeing probably the worst span of horrid QB play ever. Turnovers, panic, decisions, never leading a WR, virtually never etc etc etc.

It doesnt take much to improve on what Sanchez has done in last 2 months ,and we lost some CLOSE games. Gee, seriously?

I hope any season ticket holders not going sunday will donate their tix

http://www.newyorkjets.com/footer/ticket-faq.html

How do I donate my tickets to charity?

The New York Jets support a charitable ticket turn-back program with the United Way of New York City. Tix For Kids provides a vehicle for season ticket holders to release unused game tickets and parking passes, which are then made available to underprivileged children throughout the New York region. The United Way has an extensive network of mentoring agencies such as Mentoring USA, The Mentoring Partnership of New York, The Children's Aid Society, Boys and Girls Clubs and Big Brothers-Big Sisters to name a few.

Log into your My Jets Account at www.newyorkjets.com, click Manage My Tickets and select Donate To Charity. There is no charge for this service.

You must make your donation by the cutoff days and times below in order to allow the United Way time to for proper arrangements:

Sunday Game: By 12 noon on the Thursday before

Monday Night Game: By 12 noon on the Friday before

Thursday Night Game: By 12 noon on the Tuesday before

OR

Tickets may be sent to the address below. Be sure to include your full name, address and day time phone number along with your tickets. To help us distribute tickets in an efficient manner please mail your envelope(s) back as far in advance as possible, but no later than two weeks prior to the game you are returning.

Upon receipt of your ticket donation, the United Way will issue a written letter of confirmation recognizing your charitable donation for tax purposes.

Tickets to be donated should be sent to the following address:

TIX FOR KIDS PROGRAM

C/o United Way of New York City

2 Park Avenue

New York, NY 10157-2550

LOL. Watching NFL football since 1960 and seeing probably the worst span of horrid QB play ever. Turnovers, panic, decisions, never leading a WR, virtually never etc etc etc.

It doesnt take much to improve on what Sanchez has done in last 2 months ,and we lost some CLOSE games. Gee, seriously?

And what on tape says McElroy wouldn't do any of those and not be worse? He was drafted in the 7th round for a reason.

What close games besides last night? New England round 1 was lost on defense and inept wide receivers. Houston was close too but most of the losses are blowouts.

I hope any season ticket holders not going sunday will donate their tix

http://www.newyorkje...ticket-faq.html

How do I donate my tickets to charity?

The New York Jets support a charitable ticket turn-back program with the United Way of New York City. Tix For Kids provides a vehicle for season ticket holders to release unused game tickets and parking passes, which are then made available to underprivileged children throughout the New York region. The United Way has an extensive network of mentoring agencies such as Mentoring USA, The Mentoring Partnership of New York, The Children's Aid Society, Boys and Girls Clubs and Big Brothers-Big Sisters to name a few.

Log into your My Jets Account at www.newyorkjets.com, click Manage My Tickets and select Donate To Charity. There is no charge for this service.

You must make your donation by the cutoff days and times below in order to allow the United Way time to for proper arrangements:

Sunday Game: By 12 noon on the Thursday before

Monday Night Game: By 12 noon on the Friday before

Thursday Night Game: By 12 noon on the Tuesday before

OR

Tickets may be sent to the address below. Be sure to include your full name, address and day time phone number along with your tickets. To help us distribute tickets in an efficient manner please mail your envelope(s) back as far in advance as possible, but no later than two weeks prior to the game you are returning.

Upon receipt of your ticket donation, the United Way will issue a written letter of confirmation recognizing your charitable donation for tax purposes.

Tickets to be donated should be sent to the following address:

TIX FOR KIDS PROGRAM

C/o United Way of New York City

2 Park Avenue

New York, NY 10157-2550

Haven't the children suffered enough?

I want Sanchez to play every down for the rest of the season to ensure the 6-10 record and better draft position.

This, This, and This!

Or Tebow, I think either would ensure losing both games.

Mac might actually mange to make 1, or 2 throws, and never turn it over, so the Jets can win 6-3.

And what on tape says McElroy wouldn't do any of those and not be worse? He was drafted in the 7th round for a reason.

What close games besides last night? New England round 1 was lost on defense and inept wide receivers. Houston was close too but most of the losses are blowouts.

No one could do worse, no one.

Seattle game was winnable by the way. Houston also. I saw the spirit of Defense wilt away with the Miami horrific start.

I dont think you realize Sanchez has given us probably the most inept QB performance this year than I have seen in 40 years. He is awful.

Hey, think what you want, thats why they have Horse races, people disagree :)

Be safe :)

I do believe McElroy will be fine and only get better. I see him winning the next two games. And he will be our starter next year.

I hope he does play well or at least less turnover , idiot decision making style aka Mark. If he does play well, man I'll be saying 'what if' to Rex.

Archived