Mcelroy to start against San Diego

Matt39

Well, that was $2.5 million and a 4th rounder well spent.

There could not be a more blatant statement made that Rex never wanted a damn thing to do with Tebow than this. I, for one, am glad. We already know for certain Tebow sucks. We might as well try to find out how much McElroy sucks (although it's a bit late even for that).

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF GMAC gets 2 wins and saves Rexey/Tanny their jobs, he gets disowned by me mon. jets should play tebow, they paid him 2.5M let him earn it, deactivate nacho though

I dont think even two GMAC wins saves Tanny, but you may be right in that it saves Rex. Maybe Jets are better off to let Tebow lose next two and force Woodys hand.

Whoa, what's Rex's rush? I think Sanchez deserves to finish out the season he started.

(I used to always get a kick out of people saying what benefit of the doubt and near half-decade of chances that Sanchez deserved).

I'll have you know, in spite of knowing this post was made in complete jest, there was part of me that still wanted to neg rep it anyway. Just... because.

It really shows you how the Jets view Tebow....also, why is the guy that you are choosing to replace your starting QB with on the inactive list for the last two weeks?

They viewed Tebow as a wildcat style QB. Thats it, of course he would be the #2 QB since they were suppose to incorporate the wildcat into the offense. The media and others are making way to much out of this. No team in their right mind would let Tebow be the starter....

If the Jets decided to start Tebow, than the media would have created a whole different story about how Tebow sucks...blah blah blah...

With the NY media - ya can't win, they will always try to make a story out of nothing.

There could not be a more blatant statement made that Rex never wanted a damn thing to do with Tebow than this. I, for one, am glad. We already know for certain Tebow sucks. We might as well try to find out how much McElroy sucks (although it's a bit late even for that).

I think that what is most obviously needed in the Jets FO is a 'no' man. Someone that can just tell Woody straight to his face that this type of crap is a bad idea and that he'd be a moron to pursue it. Either Tannenbaum doesn't have the stomach for that move, or he's too dumb.

To everyone spouting too little too late, this team doesn't win a Super Bowl or even make the playoffs with any of the current QBs on the roster. This offense was set up to fail when they traded for Tebow. Plain and simple.

yep.. Tebow ruined the JETS.. lol

I think that what is most obviously needed in the Jets FO is a 'no' man. Someone that can just tell Woody straight to his face that this type of crap is a bad idea and that he'd be a moron to pursue it. Either Tannenbaum doesn't have the stomach for that move, or he's too dumb.

rumors from beat writers a month or so ago was that Woody pushed to bench Sanchez and start McElroy while keeping Tebow as Wildcat. Tanny/Rex argued against that and pushed to keep sanchez. maybe Woody needs to grow a bigger pair.

IF GMAC gets 2 wins and saves Rexey/Tanny their jobs, he gets disowned by me mon. jets should play tebow, they paid him 2.5M let him earn it, deactivate nacho though

If he shines the next two games, he will increase the value they get when they deal him in the off season... its in the plan. Snatchez starts next year. Tebow to Arizona.

rumors from beat writers a month or so ago was that Woody pushed to bench Sanchez and start McElroy while keeping Tebow as Wildcat. Tanny/Rex argued against that and pushed to keep sanchez. maybe Woody needs to grow a bigger pair.

What happened to Rexees secret sensai ?

Woody should stick to being a humanitarian and hire someone to run the football thingy.. someone smart enough to dump Tannenbaum, the core of the issues of this team lie in his lap... cap expert my ass.

I dont like the "addition by subtraction" logic. Anybody but Tanny, anybody but Rex, Anybody but Mark etc. Or the comment a few weeks ago that Dolan was better than Woody. it is possible that there are several bad choices. Sparano over Schotty for example. Who thinks that was really addition by subtraction? McElroy or Sanchez is possibly another one of these choices. I root for the team and will root for Greg. fwiw i was predicting him to start after AZ and was surprised by the decision to go with Mark. what i was trying to say before is if Greg is great then yes that's an indictment of Rex and whoever decided to go with mark. But we will see. It's possible that they both stink. just because there's alternative doesn't mean it's a better choice.

What you leave out of this equation is accountability.... What message do you send to the rest of the team if one player, who's performance is league low, is held above reproach. You switch just as much for the other 52 as you do for Sanchez.

Rumors are rumors, but multiple media sources reported a couple of weeks back that Rex wanted to start Mac while Tanny and Sparano were in favor or Sanchez. Rex went with Sanchez.

If these rumors are correct, then Rex just won the power struggle and both Tanny and Sparano are either gone or re-assigned. In other words, Rex set it up as, "You want your guy? Fine. Let's see if he ruins the season." And Sanchez did end up ruining it.

Rumors are rumors, but multiple media sources reported a couple of weeks back that Rex wanted to start Mac while Tanny and Sparano were in favor or Sanchez. Rex went with Sanchez.

If these rumors are correct, then Rex just won the power struggle and both Tanny and Sparano are either gone or re-assigned. In other words, Rex set it up as, "You want your guy? Fine. Let's see if he ruins the season." And Sanchez did end up ruining it.

This triangle is like an episode of Temptation Island.

While it's definitely too late for this sh*t, McElroy will at least make the next two games a little more watchable, so that's something. Much better than having to watch Tebow's sorry ass give us a whole different type of horrendously awful QB play.

Let's not even discuss the possibility of them starting that other sh*t stain.

Dayum...you have quite the hard on...Did Tebow come to McDonalds and kick the mop out of your hands?

So difficult to tin that power struggle. Rex on Michael kay now. Delusional gibberish.

Rex was just interviewed on 1050. Typical hangdog bullsh*t. I used to give Rex tons of credit for not flipping out in interviews, but it occurred to me just now that he doesn't flip out because he's under zero pressure and his job isn't in jeopardy because there's zero accountability in the organization and he knows it.

Highlight of the interview: they couldn't activate McElroy for the game because Clyde Gates had a concussion earlier in the week, just like he couldn't activate McElroy against the Jags because of McKnight's mythical injury.

Rex was just interviewed on 1050. Typical hangdog bullsh*t. I used to give Rex tons of credit for not flipping out in interviews, but it occurred to me just now that he doesn't flip out because he's under zero pressure and his job isn't in jeopardy because there's zero accountability in the organization and he knows it.

Highlight of the interview: they couldn't activate McElroy for the game because Clyde Gates had a concussion earlier in the week, just like he couldn't activate McElroy against the Jags because of McKnight's mythical injury.

It's really at the point Im waiting for Allen Funt to stick his head and tell my I;m on candid camera.

Archived