Tech Advice: MacBook or PC + Tablet

nj meadowlands

After 4-5 years, my HP laptop seems like it's finally saying its goodbyes. Had a good run with it. Got it for like $550 and used it a TON (college and grad school).

Now I'm at a point where I need a new arrangement. I am thinking bout getting a MacBook Pro, or in the alternative, using the 1500 that would surely cost to get another PC and a tablet, maybe an ipad.

Anyone have thoughts in either direction?

You're looking at this wrong anyways. If you're ready to make the transition to incorporating a tablet into your life, no laptop, Mac or whatever, is going to substitute for that.

No, I still want to have a laptop. I have a semester of school left, and beyond that, there is no substitute (at least for me) for having a machine that can do word processing and basic computer functions.

the point of this inquiry is that i don't need a SUPER heavy duty laptop anymore. So I could conceivably get away with a decent PC for my school and work type stuff, and then a tablet for just dickin around on the couch on gchat, etc.

Or, I could spend all that money (1400-1500 probably) and just get a MacBook.

No, I still want to have a laptop. I have a semester of school left, and beyond that, there is no substitute (at least for me) for having a machine that can do word processing and basic computer functions.

the point of this inquiry is that i don't need a SUPER heavy duty laptop anymore. So I could conceivably get away with a decent PC for my school and work type stuff, and then a tablet for just dickin around on the couch on gchat, etc.

Or, I could spend all that money (1400-1500 probably) and just get a MacBook.

If you get a netbook - you can have both those worlds for about $350 loaded. Use it for 18 months and the whole complexion of things will have changed.

Archived