Mark Sanchez: The Final Countdown

Maxman

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GATA and I will fill in this week. We'll call it ON THA REAL with T-Bone and Steph tha Shocka.

I wish I had known you were interested. We already lined up a sock puppet to do the Podcast this week. Maybe next time, lol.

Woody definitely had an eye on ticket\PSL sales when they drafted Woody. Right on the heels of Brett Favre....

As I look back I am still just shocked that Rex went for it. Why a head coach with a defensive mindset would want to hand the keys to a rookie is something I just don't get. It is frustrating, especially seeing how Sanchez has regressed.

Bringing Tebow in clearly didn't help. Having the receivers they do, doesn't help. But Sanchez needs to be gone for his turnovers if nothing else. He should be a game manager and just not turn the ball over. The fact that they couldn't impress this upon him means that others are going to lose their jobs as well.

I was hopeful that the kid could do it. But now I can't think of anything he does well. There is simply nothing to build on with him.

McElroy might not be the answer. They feel Tebow isn't the answer. So ride it out with Greg the last two weeks and see what he can do. I wish McElroy was given a longer shot here, i.e. after the Cardinals game. Then we would have a better feel for what he is all about going into next year.

Sanchez is never going to be a game manager. Game managers greatest skills are their football smarts, their accuracy, and their ability to protect the ball. These are probably Sanchez's 3 biggest weaknesses.

Sanchez's best bet to succeed would be to be more of a gunslinger type. He's athletic, but he's also a coward. And, poor accuracy hurts him here too.

He was never ruined. He was never cheated. He was over drafted and simply not good enough. He has regressed, but not as much as people say. He's simply not good enough to play QB in the NFL, like 99.99% of the population.

Under Woody Johnson's 13 year reign, the Jets have had 3 GMs (Parcells, Bradway and Tannenbaum), 4 HCs (Grove, Herm, Mangini & Rex) and 7 starting QBs (Vinny, Chad, Bollinger, Clemens, Favre, Sanchez, and McElroy).

That's the 3 most important positions in a franchise, and of the 14 that have held those positions, arguably no more than 3 have been bona fides good at their jobs.

Under Woody Johnson's 13 year reign, the Jets have had 3 GMs (Parcells, Bradway and Tannenbaum), 4 HCs (Grove, Herm, Mangini & Rex) and 7 starting QBs (Vinny, Chad, Bollinger, Clemens, Favre, Sanchez, and McElroy).

That's the 3 most important positions in a franchise, and of the 14 that have held those positions, arguably no more than 3 have been bona fides good at their jobs.

FIRE WOODY

• 7 months later...

you are being a little harsh on the QB's

VInny, Chad, Favre, sanchez

still not a stellar list but bollinger, clemens and mcelrat ?  c'mon dude

the owner hires the GM.  the GM picks the QB and hires the coach

so woody really has on his resume parcells, bradway (who was recommended by parcells) and tanny, a parcells hire and protege

not really so bad

BINGO!!!

Sanchez greatest moment will end up being the addition of the word buttfumble to the english language.

It is used fairly regularly now.

People are often heard saying," It was buttfumbled" in place of "faux pas" "screwed it up", "blew it etc"

1. Buttfumble 

(Noun-Verb) - To run directly into your offensive lineman's rear end so violently that it in turn causes the quarterback to misplace the pigskin out of his hands and onto the ground ultimately causing a fumble.
Grid twerking may be the pre-cursor. Some offensive lineman now take out buttfumble insurance
Mark Sanchez is the pioneer of the Buttfumble.

Buttfumble
noun

1. 1.
    an action or judgment that is misguided or wrong.

"coming here was a buttfumble"
    synonyms: errorfaultinaccuracyomissionslipblundermiscalculation,misunderstandingoversight, misinterpretation, gaffefaux pas,solecismMore

• 3 months later...

You guys seriously might be in for a rude awakening lol. The password is: restructure.

Yep. Would that really surprise anyone? Next would be a Geno-Sanchez  training camp competition.

Sanchez wins again only to have Rex get him injured by playing him with our 3rd string OL in the final pre-season game.

You guys seriously might be in for a rude awakening lol. The password is: restructure.

With only $4.8M in dead money and $8.3M in cap savings, cutting is preferable to restructuring.  Idzik has no ties to Sanchez, needs to bring in at least 1 new QB this offseason to compete with Geno, and also has to figure out what to do with Matt Simms.  Restructuring his deal makes zero sense.

With only $4.8M in dead money and $8.3M in cap savings, cutting is preferable to restructuring.  Idzik has no ties to Sanchez, needs to bring in at least 1 new QB this offseason to compete with Geno, and also has to figure out what to do with Matt Simms.  Restructuring his deal makes zero sense.

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll post this here.

What happens if Sanchez isn't healed from his Injury when it's cutting time? I'm sure Jason, or someone has already addressed this somewhere, and I missed it. But I'm wondering if Sanchez' shoulder isn't healed if we can just up, and cut him before we owe him that 2 million roster bonus in March, and this could affect the Salary cap number for Sanchez if we have to wait longer to cut him. Again I don't know any info on this just thinking out loud.

Archived