Alex Smith or Mike Vick?

jetfan718

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are only 32 starting QB jobs in the NFL. Teams that need starters: KC, Buf, Jax, Oak, Arizona, NYJ.

Jax almost has to take Tebow.

That leaves 5 teams with openings.

Buffalo wants to draft their franchise QB, so Smith there.

Oakland is Oakland so let's rule them out as a destination.

That leaves KC, Arizona, NYJ.

So basically the Jets are competing with 2 other teams for Alex Smith and depending on who the HC and OC are I think the Jets are a fairly attractive destination.

Arizona would make a great home for Sanchez. Great wr's, an offensive minded coach, and a low stress environment.

Alex Smith will want to get paid. He has had success the last two seasons. He'll want something similar to what Flynn got. How can the Jets afford take and bail on Sanchez?

Also, I only want a one or two year stop gap to bring in and then draft a QB of the future for 2014, if they even get rid of Sanchez which isn't a given. Smith will want multiple years.

Alex Smith would have won 10-11 games with this team. I really thought Sanchez would turn it around but he's been a complete disaster this year and it's gotten steadily worse.

If the Mac Attack is worth a sh-t you get Alex Smith with Mc as your # 2 then draft a QB in the first 3 rounds in the 14' draft.

Is Alex Smith bringing Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, and that above average receiving corps with him? Alex Smith doesn't make anyone better around him. I'm tired of game managers. This team needs a game changer.

Is Alex Smith bringing Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, and that above average receiving corps with him? Alex Smith doesn't make anyone better around him. I'm tired of game managers. This team needs a game changer.

but there's no one available.

Smith wouldn't have to make anyone better.. he'd just have to complete the passes that Mark seemingly can't.

A returning Holmes along with a rededicated BE, 2nd year Hill, and JK in the slot is really not that bad. Say goodbye to Greene, split carries with Bilal, Mcknight, and a draft pick. Re-sign Keller on the cheap and shore up the O-line.

I really don't see the disaster in 13' that many here are predicting.

Alex Smith will want to get paid. He has had success the last two seasons. He'll want something similar to what Flynn got. How can the Jets afford take and bail on Sanchez?

Also, I only want a one or two year stop gap to bring in and then draft a QB of the future for 2014, if they even get rid of Sanchez which isn't a given. Smith will want multiple years.

I want to get paid too....doesn't mean it will happen. There are realistically only a couple of destinations for Alex Smith - if not here then where do you think he ends up?

The Jets have 2 choices this off-season: blow it up and start over or stay the course with Rex and bring in a vet QB who takes care of the football.

but there's no one available.

Smith wouldn't have to make anyone better.. he'd just have to complete the passes that Mark seemingly can't.

A returning Holmes along with a rededicated BE, 2nd year Hill, and JK in the slot is really not that bad. Say goodbye to Greene split carries with Bilal, Mcknight, and a draft pick. Re-sign Keller on the cheap and shore up the O-line.

I really don't see the disaster in 13' that many here are predicting.

If Smith is coming for one year, fine. But he's not. He's a long term commitment to mediocrity.

Alex Smith was a fumbled punt away from the Super Bowl last year and probably a concussion away this year.

If this Jets team had Alex Smith as QB they would be a 10-12 win team this season and we'd be talking about their chances to win the AFC.

If Alex Smith had the ability to make a single play against that Giants defense two years ago--one play--the Niners win that game easy. Harbaugh knows it, too. Smith's benching was going to happen with or without the concussion.

Alex Smith would have won 10-11 games with this team. I really thought Sanchez would turn it around but he's been a complete disaster this year and it's gotten steadily worse.

If the Mac Attack is worth a sh-t you get Alex Smith with Mc as your # 2 then draft a QB in the first 3 rounds in the 14' draft.

You are vastly overrating Alex Smith. You can draft five guys to do what he does.

If Alex Smith had the ability to make a single play against that Giants defense two years ago--one play--the Niners win that game easy. Harbaugh knows it, too. Smith's benching was going to happen with or without the concussion.

If Manning doesn't complete that miracle pass on 3rd and long to Manningham the 49ers win.

You are vastly overrating Alex Smith. You can draft five guys to do what he does.

I don't think Smith is an upper echelon QB. I do think he is above average, learned over time to limit the mistakes, and is savvy enough to handle the NY media and this fickle fan base.

Who is the better option? I don't watch college FB but everyone here keeps saying how much the QB class sucks this year.

I don't think Smith is an upper echelon QB. I do think he is above average, learned over time to limit the mistakes, and is savvy enough to handle the NY media and this fickle fan base.

Who is the better option? I don't watch college FB but everyone here keeps saying how much the QB class sucks this year.

Thats why you don't reach for garbage and bring in a short term stop gap. Like Vick.

Thats why you don't reach for garbage and bring in a short term stop gap. Like Vick.

What makes you think Vick is going to take a short term contract?

I can see them bringing in a cheap vet and having Sanchez, GMac and someone like Drew Stanton in. Because, that'd be hilarious.

If there is a new regime who knows what happens.

The Jets have to stop looking for ten-win quarterbacks and start looking for a 14-win quarterback. Why are your standards so low? Where is your joy?

The Jets have to stop looking for ten-win quarterbacks and start looking for a 14-win quarterback. Why are your standards so low? Where is your joy?

and where is your reality? who is this mystical 14 win QB who is going to arrive at Floram Park on horseback?

What makes you think Vick is going to take a short term contract?

I can see them bringing in a cheap vet and having Sanchez, GMac and someone like Drew Stanton in. Because, that'd be hilarious.

If there is a new regime who knows what happens.

Because he's 32 years old, coming off of injuries and hated for the dog thing.

lol of course Pac likes Alex Smith

I thought the ilks credo was to find players whose statistical achievements hit a certain threshold. Is a 70% completion percentage and 13 TD's to 5 INT's not exactly the type of player you salivate over?

Can you name the rookie or FA QB that will come in and mirror that kind of proficiency?

I demand to hear what the football gods at PROFOCUSDVOY have to say about Smith.

None of those are happening. Outside chance at 5 maybe, but the rest aren't happening. Neither of the first 2 are moving anywhere, there isn't any QB in the first round worth it this season, and Flynn is owed a bunch of money and so is Sanchez.

Disagree. Very good chance that Skins trade Cousins. They have no use for him with RG3 in front of him. Meanwhile, we are a great fit for him if the Skins are looking for somebody desperate. They have a star QB and a backup that they can flip for a 1st and 3rd (and they only spent a 4th on him to begin with). That's a no brainer.

I'm going to put the odds high... maybe 50% chance that the Skins trade him to someone.

Alex Smith would be fine as a stop gap if that's what the team is really worried about having for next season, but he's not ultimately the answer at QB. He is absolutely not a player you make a long-term or big financial commitment to. He was a career bust who's managed to do no more than decently for a couple of years once he had a top notch team built all around him. Even still, the team ended up coming up short, thanks in part to his limitations as a QB. There's a reason just one year after the season they had last year, the 9ers jumped at the opportunity to replace him with a second year player who they knew had more of an upside. The truth is, what we saw out of Smith last year isn't all that much different than Sanchez circa 2009/2010, and we all know how that turned out.

And who would those 2 players be?

The first is Johnny (****ING Football) Manziel, the first ever player to win the heisman as (redshirt) Freshman. The second is Jadeveon Clowney possibly the best defensive prospect to come out of college since Lawrence Taylor, and that's no joke. He will contend for the Heisman next year.

Disagree. Very good chance that Skins trade Cousins. They have no use for him with RG3 in front of him. Meanwhile, we are a great fit for him if the Skins are looking for somebody desperate. They have a star QB and a backup that they can flip for a 1st and 3rd (and they only spent a 4th on him to begin with). That's a no brainer.

I'm going to put the odds high... maybe 50% chance that the Skins trade him to someone.

There is no chance they trade Cousins next season. Maybe in the final year of his contract, but not with RG3 playing the way he does. They want someone reliable behind Griffin in case he gets injured. Plus, one game doesn't make the kid worth trading for. I'd have to see much more before trading for him.

The first is Johnny (****ING Football) Manziel, the first ever player to win the heisman as (redshirt) Freshman. The second is Jadeveon Clowney possibly the best defensive prospect to come out of college since Lawrence Taylor, and that's no joke. He will contend for the Heisman next year.

It's an offensive award only and if take more defensive players in the first round the next couple seasons my head will explode.

Come on...you guys gotta give this quaterback and regime another chance.these guys bare just getting started..being a dedicated jetsbfan i am definitely used to being a big ol loser but to give up now is just plain crazy.. Rex is so firey and confident.and sanchise heas a pro arm...no question.but the real jewel in this array is Tony Sparano. I just knew when we hired this visionary, things werre gonna start turning around.we need to make him the coach, make rex the dc and give tanny a fn raise.ya just gotta go back and remember the games that ment something. Let me start with the bret farve finale against those hated dolphins.wow what a great game. It just didnt work out for us. But as i see it, farve was the best thing the jets ever had. And what about the Ted Ginn game.we had it we had it, but ginn just snuffed it away right under our noses.imho, i think letting go of thomas jones was such a great idea.but hey, last year when those dolphins whupped us week week i though we were ready. And the wheels started turnin.. we now got sparano on our squad and were gonna reap the bennys. Damn them finns. Keep Tim Tebow and we wi win, no question.merry christmas.

Come on...you guys gotta give this quaterback and regime another chance.these guys bare just getting started..being a dedicated jetsbfan i am definitely used to being a big ol loser but to give up now is just plain crazy.. Rex is so firey and confident.and sanchise heas a pro arm...no question.but the real jewel in this array is Tony Sparano. I just knew when we hired this visionary, things werre gonna start turning around.we need to make him the coach, make rex the dc and give tanny a fn raise.ya just gotta go back and remember the games that ment something. Let me start with the bret farve finale against those hated dolphins.wow what a great game. It just didnt work out for us. But as i see it, farve was the best thing the jets ever had. And what about the Ted Ginn game.we had it we had it, but ginn just snuffed it away right under our noses.imho, i think letting go of thomas jones was such a great idea.but hey, last year when those dolphins whupped us week week i though we were ready. And the wheels started turnin.. we now got sparano on our squad and were gonna reap the bennys. Damn them finns. Keep Tim Tebow and we wi win, no question.merry christmas.

POTW

Archived