Daily Newz: tebow asking for release if GMC starts

Lizard King

Tim Tebow - QB - Jets

Tim Tebow reportedly feels "misled" by the Jets after they bypassed him to give the Week 16 starting job to Greg McElroy.

When the Jets traded for him, Tebow was promised that he would get a shot to play if Mark Sanchez was injured and/or ineffective. In fact, it was reported last March that Tebow chose the Jets over the Jags because he saw a clearer path to the starting job in New York. He's not the type to make waves publicly, so expect Tebow to continue to play the "good soldier" role. The Jets' trade for Tebow makes less sense with each passing week.

I'm 100% in agreement with Tebow's position here.

This season is over. Give the guy the start you promised him, since the circumstances dictate following through on your word.

This organization under Tanny has developed a track record of lying to players. Pretty pathetic.

This season is over. Give the guy the start you promised him, since the circumstances dictate following through on your word.

This organization under Tanny has developed a track record of lying to players. Pretty pathetic.

Is this a bit hyperbolic? Not snarky as I'm curious, who'd they lie to?? They told Stanton he'd be given an opportunity and they traded him promptly, which he said he's grateful for, once they got tebow. I just don't see any single player that they outright lied to.

Screw that. If the Jets fed Tebow that line of crap and you want to blast them for that, that's one thing and I won't argue that. But you don't turn around and give him the start just to make sure he doesn't feel bad. That's the same kind of bullsh*t logic that kept Sanchez as the starter to begin with. The bottom line is, the Jets already know what they have in Tebow. The entire league already knows what it has in Tebow. And it's not good. The Jets have to figure out what they have in the one guy on this roster who as least shown some semblance of being able to accurately throw a football, even if the odds are he's not what they're really looking for in a QB.

I don't blame Tebow for being pissed if that's what he was promised, but the Jets need to make the best move for their team at this point, and not worry about the feelings of a guy with one foot already out the door. Especially if the coaching staff never wanted him there to begin with.

Is this a bit hyperbolic? Not snarky as I'm curious, who'd they lie to?? They told Stanton he'd be given an opportunity and they traded him promptly, which he said he's grateful for, once they got tebow. I just don't see any single player that they outright lied to.

Both Revis and Pete Kendall made this claim. I feel like Ellis might have as well. That's just off memory.

Screw that. If the Jets fed Tebow that line of crap and you want to blast them for that, that's one thing and I won't argue that. But you don't turn around and give him the start just to make sure he doesn't feel bad. That's the same kind of bullsh*t logic that kept Sanchez as the starter to begin with. The bottom line is, the Jets already know what they have in Tebow. The entire league already knows what it has in Tebow. And it's not good. The Jets have to figure out what they have in the one guy on this roster who as least shown some semblance of being able to accurately throw a football, even if the odds are he's not what they're really looking for in a QB.

I don't blame Tebow for being pissed if that's what he was promised, but the Jets need to make the best move for their team at this point, and not worry about the feelings of a guy with one foot already out the door. Especially if the coaching staff never wanted him there to begin with.

F*ck yeah! I don't doubt that the Jets will be going back on their word if they start McElroy over Tebow, and I don't care. They need to find out if McElroy is worth a roster spot next year. Looks like they've decided Tebow isn't. Good for them.

Both Revis and Pete Kendall made this claim. I feel like Ellis might have as well. That's just off memory.

Geez, forgot about Kendall, I think i blocked out everything related to Adrien Clarke. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that Tanny may not have promised anyone anything, but used purposefully ambiguous/vague language so it comes across like that. I do now remember there being something akin to "I was told i would be taken care of," which if Tanny is lying to players, it's just another reason to toss him to the curb. there were rumors that woody would just demote him back to his old role, but I'm not sure if anything but a purge will clear a lot of the ineptitude up.

Geez, forgot about Kendall, I think i blocked out everything related to Adrien Clarke. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that Tanny may not have promised anyone anything, but used purposefully ambiguous/vague language so it comes across like that. I do now remember there being something akin to "I was told i would be taken care of," which if Tanny is lying to players, it's just another reason to toss him to the curb. there were rumors that woody would just demote him back to his old role, but I'm not sure if anything but a purge will clear a lot of the ineptitude up.

Why let him manage the cap? Did you see the Sanchez extension? Do you see the cap shape we're in heading into next year?

Not only is Tanny bad at the hard part of being a GM (talent evaluation and acquisition), he's also bad at the part he was supposedly good at (Microsoft Excel).

Pretty sure Derrick Mason was saying "they lied to me" when he left, there's been others. I'd have to rake my memory. I don't have any reason to make it up, Tanny's done enough to indict himself.

F*ck yeah! I don't doubt that the Jets will be going back on their word if they start McElroy over Tebow, and I don't care. They need to find out if McElroy is worth a roster spot next year. Looks like they've decided Tebow isn't. Good for them.

Exactly. And I feel bad for Tebow who's been a model team player and deserves to play if circumstances were different, but the Jets now have 2 games and as many weeks of practice to see as much as they can in what they have with McElroy. Potentially, a lot of posturing can come out of this evaluation and even giving a couple quarters of it to Tebow would be cutting into an already too short time frame.

Why let him manage the cap? Did you see the Sanchez extension? Do you see the cap shape we're in heading into next year?

Not only is Tanny bad at the hard part of being a GM (talent evaluation and acquisition), he's also bad at the part he was supposedly good at (Microsoft Excel).

Exactly.

I don't know what it is with Jets fans, we bitch and bitch to get rid of these guys over and over, and then when the prospect of them getting the boot becomes real... half the fans start second-guessing and rationalizing scenarios where we can keep the pigs to do "that one thing they were good at" when they weren't really good at it anyway.

This fanbase is SOFT.

Exactly.

I don't know what it is with Jets fans, we bitch and bitch to get rid of these guys over and over, and then when the prospect of them getting the boot becomes real... half the fans start second-guessing and rationalizing scenarios where we can keep the pigs to do "that one thing they were good at" when they weren't really good at it anyway.

This fanbase is SOFT.

The truth is, all else aside, Tannenbaum has had more than enough chance and time. Tannenbaum has been in his position since 2006.

Only 3 GMs: Ozzie Newsome (Baltimore), Rick Smith (Houston), and AJ Smith (Chargers) have held their position as long or longer than Tannenbaum without a Super Bowl appearance.

Two of those teams are in much better shape than the Jets and AJ Smith likely gets fired this year.

Exactly.

This fanbase is SOFT.

It's a bit much. Do something so outlandish as demanding a Super Bowl and you're a hater and you're rooting against the team. Argue that 7 years should be enough to accomplish this and you're ungrateful, and should be thankful that we're not the Jaguars. The martyrdom is insane.

The truth is, all else aside, Tannenbaum has had more than enough chance and time. Tannenbaum has been in his position since 2006.

Only 3 GMs: Ozzie Newsome (Baltimore), Rick Smith (Houston), and AJ Smith (Chargers) have held their position as long or longer than Tannenbaum without a Super Bowl appearance.

Two of those teams are in much better shape than the Jets and AJ Smith likely gets fired this year.

Yup.

Tanny has been the architect of two epic collapses. That is all he has done.

Revis Kendall Ellis Coles Washington and even Pennington have all made claims of being "misled" read: bullsh*tted, by the jets FO

Well GMC is starting Sunday so thanx for nuthin Tim. It'll be interesting to see what the Jets do next year with this 8 mill dollar piece of garbage QB. I never dreamed he'd be this bad, he's not even servicable. Message to you Woody: Most Jet fans do not want to see this guy again under center next year. We don't care what you owe him,thats your problem. You made a bad business move,eat it! You have alot of thinking to do Woody,its your mess,fix it.You can't possibly put that bad product on the field next year. They are an embarrassment to the league,that Thanksgiving debacle was a disgrace to the fans and your organization.Your move Woody.

Tanny has performed almost as worse as Sanchez at his job this year. Lets not forget the Wayne Hunter fiasco in guaranteeing his $2.5 million and then trading him to Rams for Justin Smith who had a killer fakse start penalty yesterday.

But Woody shoukd get credit for this though--everytime fans think a coach should be fired or let go, Woody has done it from Hackett to Herm to Mangini to Schitty. So the odds are that Tanny is out.

Never advocated for it, merely mentioning that a lateral move/demotion was what was being floated about.

Revis Kendall Ellis Coles Washington and even Pennington have all made claims of being "misled" read: bullsh*tted, by the jets FO

Totally forgot the Leon Washington one. Definitely remember that.

I thought Coles was in there too, but that was a ways back and I didn't really remember. Not sure what Pennington's gripe was.

Archived