Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib

Jetscode1

He's not someone you even consider until the 3rd or 4th round.

Yeah...it used to be like that...but Tannehill was projected 3rd round last year...then went #8 overall...the year before that Locker and Ponder both went way earlier than projected...new CBA with the structured contracts makes buying a lotto ticket for a starting QB an imperative...especially when you're one of the teams without one...just trying to gauge the opinion on him...I live in Texas...have seen zero of him on TV. Don't trust media...half the time suspect the agent is playing the media/experts like a fiddle.

Yeah...it used to be like that...but Tannehill was projected 3rd round last year...then went #8 overall...the year before that Locker and Ponder both went way earlier than projected...new CBA with the structured contracts makes buying a lotto ticket for a starting QB an imperative...especially when you're one of the teams without one...just trying to gauge the opinion on him...I live in Texas...have seen zero of him on TV. Don't trust media...half the time suspect the agent is playing the media/experts like a fiddle.

That's what I'm thinking about Glennon, not Nassib.

That's what I'm thinking about Glennon, not Nassib.

Did you like what you saw? Just trying to figure out if he's any good...does he pass the eyeball test?

The value gets determined through the bowl games and the combine...fwiw...Walter Football projected Barkley, Glennon, and Nassib (Jets) going in the second round...

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013_2.php

Just wondering.

I haven't seen enough of any of them to make a guess. I know a bunch of people here like Glennon. Nassib didn't seem like a big dude with a big arm to me. Just a solid looking QB. I'm at the point where I'd rather get a big gooch with a cannon, like Flacco than another undersized guy. Not that Flacco doesn't suck, but I'd rather roll the dice with a physical beast and I'd rather not go first round in this draft.

I haven't seen enough of any of them to make a guess. I know a bunch of people here like Glennon. Nassib didn't seem like a big dude with a big arm to me. Just a solid looking QB. I'm at the point where I'd rather get a big gooch with a cannon, like Flacco than another undersized guy. Not that Flacco doesn't suck, but I'd rather roll the dice with a physical beast and I'd rather not go first round in this draft.

Yeah, I'd like a second rounder or later as well...a guy with a chip on his shoulder...something to prove...just that lately the QBs in the draft are getting picked earlier than expected.

think barkley will be that guy?

Barkley has a good chance...little worried cause he's another SoCal kid...not sure how he'd fair in the North East...arm strength looks just OK...but from what I've seen he looks smarter, more decisive than Sanchez...basically carried USC the past three seasons...we could do worse.

Barkley has a good chance...little worried cause he's another SoCal kid...not sure how he'd fair in the North East...arm strength looks just OK...but from what I've seen he looks smarter, more decisive than Sanchez...basically carried USC the past three seasons...we could do worse.

usc Qbs dont have a good tract record id rather bring a country boy who just loves the game instead of a pretty boy. That being said he may drop a long way and have a chip on his shoulder the rest of his career so it could be an interesting opportunity

• 2 weeks later...

Archived