OLB prospects

SenorGato

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moore or Jordan? That is the question.

I would be fine with Moore, Jordan, Jones, or Boerner, pass on Mingo unless we trade back, and grab him in mid to late 1st.

I think AS of now I like Jordan the best, I think his best football is ahead of him, he is just scratching the surface of what he could do at that position considering he has only played it for 2 years, maybe the next JPP,

Moore was impressive but he mainly played as a DE at A&M...not sure how he transitions...

That's not true. He replaced Von Miller as the joker in their 34 D last year. Had his hand in the dirt this year in a new defense. Watched his entire career. DeMonster would play multiple positions in Rex's D, which is something he looks for.

That's not true. He replaced Von Miller as the joker in their 34 D last year. Had his hand in the dirt this year in a new defense. Watched his entire career. DeMonster would play multiple positions in Rex's D, which is something he looks for.

You are correct...meant this past season...thanks for pointing this out.

Jones has spinal/neck issues and isn't necessarily explosive of the line. He's a great college player who probably has the ceiling of a solid pro...imo.

Moore is probably the closest thing to a sure bet...who will be long gone by 9.

Mingo and Jordan both have slight frames but of course, they're also probably the most explosive. Both could be liabilities against the run.

I'd consider Werner the guy who could end up the most complete player but could also bust if he doesn't continue to develop. Asking him to play 34 OLB might be a stretch.

Talking about Teo is a waste of time. He's a MLB who doesn't fill what is many of the Jets needs/holes.

I would take Jordan over Mingo, but I'm also speaking out of my ass almost 2 months before that discussion seriously gets going. I think Jordan is capable of doing more things in this D, and he does have legit upside as a pass rusher.

Jordan just scored a 2pt conversion lol

Te'o is Hawaiian for "third round."

That's not true. I suppose since last night happened he will fall a little but, it won't be much. Jarvis Jones got just as much trucked by that offensive line as Te'o did. Whomever drafts Manti is getting a leader and a rock solid starter for the next 10 years. No need to be hyperbolic.

That's not true. I suppose since last night happened he will fall a little but, it won't be much. Jarvis Jones got just as much trucked by that offensive line as Te'o did. Whomever drafts Manti is getting a leader and a rock solid starter for the next 10 years. No need to be hyperbolic.

Jones' alleged bad game resulted in six tackles and two sacks. This is the difference between the pass rusher and the ILB.

Jones' alleged bad game resulted in six tackles and two sacks. This is the difference between the pass rusher and the ILB.

All I am saying is Alabama made a lot of good players on defense look bad. Their o-line is legit. Te'o had a bad game and maybe his stock fell a little, but most will look at the entire tape and not just one game. He'll be a steal wherever he goes.

Te'o will have the typical ILB career route. He'll be popular in his first two-three years because young LBers get tackles and make plays, then he and the D will have a bad year where they realize he's basically David Harris. If that is before his second contract then sucks for him, but possibly he stays young until that FA contract.

Te'o had a bad game and maybe his stock fell a little, but most will look at the entire tape and not just one game. He'll be a steal wherever he goes.

t'eo lost millions. Kiper was even floating the idea of T'eo at number one. He looked like crap. This guy was 2nd in the heisman and got truck sticked all night long.

It's early so just throwing names out in no order:

Anthony Barr

Dion Jordan

Jarvis Jones

DeMontre Moore (hot name)

Bjoern Werner

Alex Okafor

Michael Buchanan

John Simon

Sean Porter

Jamie Collins

Brandon Jenkins

Cameron Lawrence

LeRentee McCray

Cornelius Washington

There's a lot to like in this crop...Jordan's a great developmental guy if you can get him in the third, but hes a freak athlete that might go in the first. Werner showed off some impressive athleticism this year. Barr is dirty, Moore is one of the best players in this draft period, Porter has upside, Washington is another guy Rex could really mold and develop outside of the first...

We need to draft Dion Jordan then sign Connor Barwin

t'eo lost millions. Kiper was even floating the idea of T'eo at number one. He looked like crap. This guy was 2nd in the heisman and got truck sticked all night long.

Lots of LBers and DLineman have been by Alabama. I don't see how this changes anything. He'll still be a first round pick.

The man formerly known as CBNY had this to say about Mingo:

Mingo is a beast and absolute game changer- i watched almost 8 LSU game films over the weekend and the guy is an absolute disruptive force...at the top of his game everything the Jets defense desperately needs...

On the run:

absolutely- solid versus the run, better power then given credit for...

Color me swayed on Mingo, who did put on "good" weight this year from the very very very very little I watched this year.

The man formerly known as CBNY had this to say about Mingo:

On the run:

Color me swayed on Mingo, who did put on "good" weight this year from the very very very very little I watched this year.

I watched a lot of Mingo. He's a freak. Seriously. All over the field, no regard for his body, fast, strong but for some reason he didnt get to the QB a lot this season. I'd be happy with him or Jordan.

I watched a lot of Mingo. He's a freak. Seriously. All over the field, no regard for his body, fast, strong but for some reason he didnt get to the QB a lot this season. I'd be happy with him or Jordan.

I've seen every game Kiki, Monty, Reid and Minter have played in college and the deal with Mingo and Monty was that their responsibilities changed a bit this year and they were asked to do a lot more in coverage than previously. Mingo doesn't lack for toughness, if anything, he needs to refine some of his pass-rushing moves and work on disengaging better as he looks for contact with the olineman more than he needs to. He's 6'5 240 with the speed of a dback, he is going to be a stud. Give me a guy with elite skills and a non-stop motor any day of the week. Sam Montgomery basically equates to a more athletic Pace, which isn't a bad thing, but not a top 10 pick.

As a selfish fan, I wanted Minter to stay as he was an absolute stud and rock as a leader in the middle of our defense this year, but he's going to be an absolute steal for whatever team drafts him.

Don't be surprised when Jordan and Ansah fly up draft boards come draft time. Ansah is already drawing the JPP comparisons and Jordan has freakish size and was frequently asked to man-up slot receivers and TEs.

Lots of LBers and DLineman have been by Alabama. I don't see how this changes anything. He'll still be a first round pick.

DaMonster Moore had a nice game against Bama, especially considering all he was asked to do. He lined up at every position on the D line, got good pressure against double teams and chips, was good against the run and he kept containment, and he even dropped back into coverage.

Moore played OLB his first two years at A&M. He would have been a starter as a freshman, but there was this guy named Von ahead of him. Nonetheless, he played great when called upon. His sophomore year he recorded 8.5 sacks at OLB, and was easily the D's best player. Last year, his first at DE, he killed opponents, despite being a little underweight for the position.

Moore is extremely versitle and athletic, and sadly, will likely be gone by 9.

The other thing you have to remember is that Alabama game planned to neutralize T'eo from the jump. It's not often you game plan offensively for one particular player, especially at the college level.

Oh come on.

What was the game plan? Block him? That wasnt very difficult. They ran the ball down ND's throats.

Tuitt's a beast too. 6'6 315+ that moves like that is going to get Kevin Williams and Richard Seymour comparisons.

Warmack's the best G prospect since David DeCastro.

Warmack is the best G amongst a great crop of OL prospects. He is better than DeCastro. He might go top ten, which hasn't happened for a guard since the 90's.

Archived