Homeless man in critical condion after teen pays him to drin

Blackout

A Waffle House restaurant worker in Georgia was arrested on charges of allegedly paying a homeless man $5 to drink a poisonous cocktail of chemical cleaning solution that left him in critical condition, according to police.

Police said Quentin Wilson, 19, was taken into custody at a Stockbridge, Ga., Waffle House restaurant after 50-year-old Rex Leo became violently ill from the drink.

Police said Quentin Wilson, 19, was taken into custody at a Stockbridge, Ga., Waffle House restaurant after 50-year-old Rex Leo became violently ill from the poisonous drink.

Leo was transported to a hospital, where he remains in critical condition Thursday.

"What did this poison do to his system?" Leo's sister, Linda, said. "It was acid, it ate through his esophagus and they don't know how much more damage. It ate his gums, his tongue. He's on a ventilator right now."

Leo's family said their homeless brother suffers from alcoholism and has been living near the Waffle House for some time.

They added they will push for tougher criminal charges for what happened.

A Waffle House representative said they fired Wilson and another employee who witnessed -- but did not stop the alleged prank.

Police may upgrade charges against Wilson from misdemeanor reckless conduct to more serious felony charges.

http://www.local6.com/news/5543524/detail.html

that's foul.

That kid should pay a heavy price.

Anybody who would think to do something like that is clearly a danger to society. I'd have no problem seeing the guy get life. Attempted murder if he lives, murder if he dies.

My question is, why is this homeless man's family coming out of the blue NOW to answer questions concerning the man's health? Shouldn't they have, I dunno, say, kept him off the streets in the first place? :shock:

Some poeple are homeless when they do in fact have homes. They are usually drug users. His family might not have allowed him to come home. No reason not to speak out when some tires to kill him just for being homeless.

Archived