Blackout Posted December 18, 2005 Share Posted December 18, 2005 A Waffle House restaurant worker in Georgia was arrested on charges of allegedly paying a homeless man $5 to drink a poisonous cocktail of chemical cleaning solution that left him in critical condition, according to police. Police said Quentin Wilson, 19, was taken into custody at a Stockbridge, Ga., Waffle House restaurant after 50-year-old Rex Leo became violently ill from the drink. Police said Quentin Wilson, 19, was taken into custody at a Stockbridge, Ga., Waffle House restaurant after 50-year-old Rex Leo became violently ill from the poisonous drink. Leo was transported to a hospital, where he remains in critical condition Thursday. "What did this poison do to his system?" Leo's sister, Linda, said. "It was acid, it ate through his esophagus and they don't know how much more damage. It ate his gums, his tongue. He's on a ventilator right now." Leo's family said their homeless brother suffers from alcoholism and has been living near the Waffle House for some time. They added they will push for tougher criminal charges for what happened. A Waffle House representative said they fired Wilson and another employee who witnessed -- but did not stop the alleged prank. Police may upgrade charges against Wilson from misdemeanor reckless conduct to more serious felony charges. http://www.local6.com/news/5543524/detail.html Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.