Trevor Pryce-Unearned loyalty is downfall of Rex Ryan

Bugg

Rex was cool years one and two but all of our jaws dropped when we saw how passive his team came out for the 1st half of the 2010 AFC title game. Since then we have given him a pass on all the things mentioned in this thread.

The final bufoon act for me was somehow not dressing McElroy in a game where ONE TD keeps our play-off hopes alive and following it up by starting him this week.

If Greg was his 2nd choice to start at QB once Sanchez finally crashed and burned once and for all then why would you not dress him with your season on the line?

This is a guy who wouldn't bench Mark Sanchez until it was 2 months too late and still hadn't learned his lesson at halftime of the Tennessee game. That level of stubborn and stupid isn't easily unlearned.

That's certainly fair, but the bigger issue to me was still the extension and the lack of a viable backup. I think consuela would've sat earlier with a better backup on the roster.

Of course Rex and his stupid mark brought us to two acf championship games logic was certainly on board with the plan but IMO this season was lost in the offseason

That's certainly fair, but the bigger issue to me was still the extension and the lack of a viable backup. I think consuela would've sat earlier with a better backup on the roster.

Of course Rex and his stupid mark brought us to two acf championship games logic was certainly on board with the plan but IMO this season was lost in the offseason

This plan's been ****ed since Jump Street.

Pretty solid article. Question is whether or not he'll get another shot at redemption. He probably almost needs to get fired to become a better coach at this point.

Rex isn't getting fired. Just not going to happen for a few reasons. One of them being Woody owes him money. But if we look at the Jets through a historical lense, and remember how bad it has been....they should give Rex the chance to change and grow.

Rex isn't getting fired. Just not going to happen for a few reasons. One of them being Woody owes him money. But if we look at the Jets through a historical lense, and remember how bad it has been....they should give Rex the chance to change and grow.

9-7, 11-5, 8-8, 6-8......

What's next, 4-12?

Growth?

I see regression, across the board.

Rex will stay, times ahead will be lean.

The offense is so bad, it's going to take years to fix it, and that's if they can get a QB and an OC, two things Rex has shown zero ability to do.

I'm thinking he returns too. And it's because of a couple of different reasons. There is no question the Jets are one of the most talked about teams in the NFL. Rex brings that and sadly Woody cares. He also has some built in excuses, injuries. QB play, Tebow distraction. And he's under contract. The offense is going to suck again and the D will certainly get worse without Rex.

I just hope Rex has truly given up on Sanchez. Truly think this was easily a 10 win team will an average QB.

firing Rex at this point would be somewhat like when the Browns fired Belly. He's gonna learn all these hard lessons with the Jets (as he's a real young coach by HC standards) and then use them on his next team. He's got potential to be a great HC.

This probably happens, but only if Ryan drafts the next Tom Brady, Beli has zero SB rings to kiss without him, and he would have been fired by 2002 if he had to continue to play Bledsoe with that fat contract HE gave to him.

The reason Ryan is safe in 2013.

Archived