Process Update: Tebow a "lock" to go to Jags in '13.

T0mShane

Sources: Jaguars want Tim Tebow

Chris Mortensen [ARCHIVE]

ESPN | December 22, 2012

League sources say it is a virtual certainty Tim Tebow will land a job back home with the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2013.

Tebow reportedly will be traded or released after the season, but league sources say the Jets are likely to honor Tebow's forthcoming request to be released and therefore become an unrestricted free agent.

Circumstances in Jacksonville have changed since Tebow chose the Jets over the Jaguars when he was traded by the Denver Broncos in March.

Jacksonville owner Shad Khan wanted Tebow, but there was no assurance that the former Heisman Trophy winner would get an opportunity to play because the team was still committed to 2011 first-round pick Blaine Gabbert.

In 2013, the Jaguars will have an open quarterback competition and a team source conceded it's a "high likelihood" Tebow will be part of the mix.

Gabbert was inconsistent again as a starter and eventually landed on injured reserve this season. Chad Henne assumed the starting role and has had his own streak of inconsistency on a team that has been riddled by injuries.

Between Sanchez and Tebow, that's a 1st, 2nd, 4th, and a 6th. Almost a whole draft's worth for two epic busts.

The Jets don't consider Sanchez an epic bust. He sold a lot of seats and PSLs. And the team had success in his first two years. So the Jets consider that pretty damn good.

I grade on a different curve, but he pretty much covered all the things they worry about.

All I know is if these guys stick around they better not be allowed to use any draft picks or big money on any QB. Look at thi list:

Pat Ramsey, Kellen Clemens, Erik Ainge, Brett Favre, Kevin O'Connell, Mark Sanchez, Greg McElroy, Drew Stanton, and Tim Tebow. 9 QBs in 7 years. The only one we didnt spent a draft pick on was Stanton who we paid 500K to "do some good things for us" in the 3 days he was a Jet. Thats a brutal list.

The Jets don't consider Sanchez an epic bust. He sold a lot of seats and PSLs. And the team had success in his first two years. So the Jets consider that pretty damn good.

I grade on a different curve, but he pretty much covered all the things they worry about.

Max you know I gots a lotta love for you but you've been hanging out with Courtney way, way too much.

It could be interesting g if Khan dumps Mularkey and brings in Chip Kelly at the same time as Tebow. With a coach that is "all in" Tebow will do fine. He might get banged up a bit but I can easily see the Jags winning 9 games a season.

I will play...

What part of my post did you disagree with?

Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything Everything

Archived