Tim Tebow opted out of Wildcat

Lil Bit Special

With every week that goes by, this regime gets more and more embarassing.

You just can't make this sh*t up.

It looks like its every man for them self right now, like Tom said CYA, and it's stirring even more of a sh*t storm when everyone has their own agenda. Cant wait for the first Mehnta anonymous player story's, and coaches, and players who get cut, leave tell the truth about what has/is going on inside the walls at Florham Park

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who fed this to the media and why did they do it? Either Tebow is some type of Machiavellian mastermind or the Jets front office is intentionally muddying the waters with these leaks. Why are we just now hearing about it, couldn't this have been reported on Thursday or Friday? Ah, that's right, the PR department was already busy dealing with the Petine rejection, the Sanchex trade rumors, the "Ryan is too soft" whispers, and the "we were shocked at Tebow's lack of accuracy" sayings.

The ship is sinking and the rats are scurrying.

This was damage control by the Jets. They are mad his agent leaked the story that Tebow was going to Jacksonville. Trust me that guy would never ask out of playing in a game. No matter how upset he was it would never happen.

We were once told players wanted to play for Rex Ryan. The way they treated Tebow, what ever you think of him, makes it less likely anyone will want to sign here, everything else being equal. It usually will be an issue of money because the career is so short. But misleading a player about opportunity and playing time is going to give free agents great pause before they sign here.Who told Tebow what the deal would be here-the coach? The GM? The owner? It's a circle jerk organizational chart.

1.) Kerley's better at the wildcatting, anyway.

2.) If Tebow wasn't willing to do his job, he shouldn't've been dressed for the game.

by "do(ing) his job" you mean, protecting Mark Sanchez and his fragile persona (and his being the starting QB next year) by never getting a real start ?

The FO knows they are stuck with Mark Sanchez, they did that before they picked up Tebow.. which is the real mistake this FO made...NOT acquiring Tebow. But if y'all want to keep on playing bs games with Tebow go ahead.. LOL.

Ok, lets say Tebow got *the nod* four games ago.. and he actually managed to revive this dead team.. What would they do with Mark Sanchez..?

by "do(ing) his job" you mean, protecting Mark Sanchez and his fragile persona (and his being the starting QB next year) by never getting a real start ?

The FO knows they are stuck with Mark Sanchez, they did that before they picked up Tebow.. which is the real mistake this FO made...NOT acquiring Tebow. But if y'all want to keep on playing bs games with Tebow go ahead.. LOL.

Ok, lets say Tebow got *the nod* four games ago.. and he actually managed to revive this dead team.. What would they do with Mark Sanchez..?

If Tebow got the nod 4 games ago, we would be in the same position. This team isnt good enough to make any mediocre or worse QB look good.

Tebow SHOULD have done his job sunday for what he is paid for. Punt blocking and Wildcat. Being a little bitch because you didnt get a start is a bitch move. Too bad the Tebowites cant see anything wrong with their messiah and his actions.

This was damage control by the Jets. They are mad his agent leaked the story that Tebow was going to Jacksonville. Trust me that guy would never ask out of playing in a game. No matter how upset he was it would never happen.

My first thought, too. So typical of this franchise. The anonymous whispering coming out of this locker room is worse than anything I've ever seen. I can only compare it to the Bonilla-Torborg-Saberhagen Mets.

It's gonna get ugly.

The clown car may be leaving Florham Park by next Sunday night.

Tebow has a point. He was ridiculously misused. The ran all of one play I can recall(1st play he was in last week) in which he ran a wide option, and it went for 12 yards, And instead they otherwise ran him up the middle as if they never watched any tape of him from Denver. And they almost never ran any kind of rollouts to his left even though he is a lefty. Not saying he should've been the #2 or started today. But they spent a mid round pick and salary cap room on him and then pretty much ran plays that wouldn't work when they did use him. Tebow optioning wide means he's facing LBS and DBs moving laterally in the flats; he could and did gain some nice yards there with the Broncos. Running him right at 350lbers inside is a waste, and it's what Sparano did all year.

Right. He ran QB sneaks FROM THE SHOTGUN all year!! Mind-boggling. These overseers need to go.

If Tebow got the nod 4 games ago, we would be in the same position. This team isnt good enough to make any mediocre or worse QB look good.

Tebow SHOULD have done his job sunday for what he is paid for. Punt blocking and Wildcat. Being a little bitch because you didnt get a start is a bitch move. Too bad the Tebowites cant see anything wrong with their messiah and his actions.

oh come on you just as much as a tebowite as we are. You just like to hate on him and blame him for stuff. I like to do that with sanchez

A lot of people before the season said if he wants to be an NFL QB he should put his foot down and say no wildcat packages im a QB only. Its just coming out now so who cares. Bitching about not playing please this is about not being given a chance which for how sh*tty the qb situation is its unacceptable . He came thinking he was going to be given a legitimate shot at starting and from what we have seen was really not even given a chance for god knows why. The organization lied to him and i can imagine looks bad in a player view right now

If he offered to not be paid the last two games would you be upset? It's possible he put that on the table and the Jets declined. I've turned down work in business before.

Tebow was protecting his reputation and no longer wanted to be associated with the wildcat or the sinking front office.

If he offered to not be paid the last two games would you be upset? It's possible he put that on the table and the Jets declined. I've turned down work in business before.

Tebow was protecting his reputation and no longer wanted to be associated with the wildcat or the sinking front office.

Instead he makes himself look bad that he refuses to play because he didnt get what he wanted.

breaking news tebow on friday said im upset of not playing QB but i will do whatever u want for the team

its on espn right now if u wanna see - so non story

So Tebow denies that he told the coaches he wouldnt play?? WOW! SHOCKER! I thought for sure Tebow would come out and say yes, he refused to play!

You seriously cant be this blind, can you? Oh wait... following a messiah does blind people.

So Tebow denies that he told the coaches he wouldnt play?? WOW! SHOCKER! I thought for sure Tebow would come out and say yes, he refused to play!

You seriously cant be this blind, can you? Oh wait... following a messiah does blind people.

holy sh*t watch espn he didnt deny it. He said on tuesday him and rex kind of broke down in their communications but on friday he said to rex he would do whatever. The coaches said by then it was to late and they are going with the gameplan they designed.

i know you hate him and i dont want him as our QB either but come on dont be senseless

Instead he makes himself look bad that he refuses to play because he didnt get what he wanted.

He had to take a stand, if he did nothing he might be viewed by other potential coaches as too passive and too willing to be a wildcat gimmick, instead he told the Jets "No thanks". Take your money and shove it up your a..good for him.

holy sh*t watch espn he didnt deny it. He said on tuesday him and rex kind of broke down in their communications but on friday he said to rex he would do whatever. The coaches said by then it was to late and they are going with the gameplan they designed.

i know you hate him and i dont want him as our QB either but come on dont be senseless

I dont believe him. Sorry. He's covering his ass, like anyone would do when they get caught.

And I dont hate Tebow. I hate people who blindly follow him and dont see the reality about him.

He had to take a stand, if he did nothing he might be viewed by other potential coaches as too passive and too willing to be a wildcat gimmick, instead he told the Jets "No thanks". Take your money and shove it up your a..good for him.

So now he'll be viewed as a weak armed QB with an attitude problem. Good thing he isnt black or he's be run out of the league.

I dont believe him. Sorry. He's covering his ass, like anyone would do when they get caught.

And I dont hate Tebow. I hate people who blindly follow him and dont see the reality about him.

its reported on espn. If you dont believe it its fine but if you believe the other report you have to believe this one.

also so can i hate people who blindly follow around a popular guy and hate on him any chance they get? what are you a hipster?

let me make this clear. I dont think tebow is going to ever be a superbowl winning qb but i would hate to see this guy have his career ruined because he was never given a full chance. Id rather see him play and just suck but to have some success and never be given a fully committed chance its kinda sad.

edit: ^ he has a cannon just isnt accurate not weak?

its reported on espn. If you dont believe it its fine but if you believe the other report you have to believe this one.

also so can i hate people who blindly follow around a popular guy and hate on him any chance they get? what are you a hipster?

let me make this clear. I dont think tebow is going to ever be a superbowl winning qb but i would hate to see this guy have his career ruined because he was never given a full chance. Id rather see him play and just suck but to have some success and never be given a fully committed chance its kinda sad.

edit: ^ he has a cannon just isnt accurate not weak?

I believe an anonymous report over anything any says on record. He's covering his ass so he doesnt look bad.

The throws Ive seen Tebow make does not show he has a cannon.

And I could give a sh!t whether he has a career or not. His success or failure (or any player) means nothing to me. I only care what they do when they wear my teams laundry. And this retarded coaching staff didnt use him.

I believe an anonymous report over anything any says on record. He's covering his ass so he doesnt look bad.

The throws Ive seen Tebow make does not show he has a cannon.

And I could give a sh!t whether he has a career or not. His success or failure (or any player) means nothing to me. I only care what they do when they wear my teams laundry. And this retarded coaching staff didnt use him.

what are u in high school? Believe anonymous rumors like that over what people actually say?

he has a cannon. Its a fact idk how u say otherwise. Kerley came out in beginning of year talking about how much harder tebow throws then anyone hes played with. Of course he cant throw it accurately or quickly so there's his problem

and if you dont care about any player then why do you care about what tebow does or say? You say u dont like him but you also say his playing doesnt help the team so im a little confused on your position. You hate him because he plays hate him cause he doesnt play. Calling him a bitch is not about the jets its about your personal opinion on a person.

hipster

what are u in high school? Believe anonymous rumors like that over what people actually say?

No. Im 38 years old. I took classes on sports media, how to conduct media interviews, and how to prepare clients for meeting with the media. Life has also taught me you cant believe whats being said in an interview. The real truths come out in anonymous sources. Is it always truth? No. But in this case it probably was.

he has a cannon. Its a fact idk how u say otherwise. Kerley came out in beginning of year talking about how much harder tebow throws then anyone hes played with. Of course he cant throw it accurately or quickly so there's his problem

And the jets coaches and players all said how much better he got in the offseason and camp. Then we saw him play. No debating the accuracy. But some of the ducks he throws takes away any confidence in his arm.

and if you dont care about any player then why do you care about what tebow does or say? You say u dont like him but you also say his playing doesnt help the team so im a little confused on your position. You hate him because he plays hate him cause he doesnt play. Calling him a bitch is not about the jets its about your personal opinion on a person.

I dont care what he does when he isnt a Jet. Since he's still a Jet, Im free to comment. he's making himself and my team look like a$$holes. I NEVER SAID I DONT LIKE HIM! Hating on his lack of talent doesnt mean someone doesnt like him. He sucks and the coaches know it. The coaches suck for not trying to develop plays he could run.

And he was a bitch this week. Yes. Thats my opinion. he was a bitch for refusing to play.

Im just stunned by the continued stupidity of Teblowians thinking that because you think he sucks as a player you hate the person. Stop being so f#cking retarded.

hipster

Hipsters would be very upset at having a fat, 38 yr old loser part of their movement.

A better description would be a loser who belongs in mommys basement.

Archived