La Canfora - Sparano firing is "imminent"

Sperm Edwards

Wasn't sure if this was posted already

http://www.rotoworld...73/jets-offense

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports that the Jets' firing of offensive coordinator Tony Sparano is "imminent."

Sparano has been fileted on ESPN and elsewhere for the offense he fielded in 2012, which saw Mark Sanchez take yet another step back in his career. Per La Canfora, GM Mike Tannenbaum is Sparano's biggest supporter inside the Jets' organization, and Tannenbaum may very well be fired as well. Per La Canfora, as many as a half-dozen head coaches will be let go on "Black Monday," the Monday following Week 17. And that doesn't even begin to include coordinator firings.

I don't want to get Jet-annoyed on Christmas, but there HAS TO BE some reciprocity for hiring people like Sparano and acquiring Tebow then having to dump them after such hires implode into a pit of flames, right?

has the negative brigade of Jets fans ever been more right about a season...ever?

has the negative brigade of Jets fans ever been more right about a season...ever?

Ya mon, it took me awhile saw the light by watchin Denver game last yr, this team was being led to toilet by sanchez rex and tanny. 4 yrs of hell may have been too optimistic mon. to the jet fans who mocked my prediction, Merry effen Xmas mon.

Has anyone actually seen the paperwork for what "the process" entails? Doesn't "process" imply a linear relationship between concepts and goal structures?

There is no structure, just Woody talking to people and then talking to the next guy. There's no organizational chart at all.

Mr. T and Sparano are Parcells guys so you would expect them to be joined at the hip. It is crazy. They all have to go. The Jets have to rebuild. If you commit to rebuilding you have to stick with your guys for 2 or 3 years. You cannot fire them next year and expect a new GM to agree to be saddled with their crap. He will then have to start his own new rebuilding plan. No. They have to go now.

Ya mon, it took me awhile saw the light by watchin Denver game last yr, this team was being led to toilet by sanchez rex and tanny. 4 yrs of hell may have been too optimistic mon. to the jet fans who mocked my prediction, Merry effen Xmas mon.

Imagine if we had a QB who was even halfway on point? We'd be two... maybe three time Super Bowl champions by now (including when that drunk took us to the dance).

I don't want to get Jet-annoyed on Christmas, but there HAS TO BE some reciprocity for hiring people like Sparano and acquiring Tebow then having to dump them after such hires implode into a pit of flames, right?

Well, as far as I know, the owner can't be fired, and let's face it, it was Woody Johnson who ordered the Tebow trade. Obviously, his presence was a joke this season, as we're the Jets. I have been a Jets fan since the days of Richard Todd, and I haven't felt this low since Iheard the "Jeff must go" chants in 1986. Seriously, there are other bad teams in the NFL, but at least their ships are sailing in the right I reaction with promising young players. It doesn't even feel like the Jets' ship is sailing at all, given that their most promising young player, Mark Sanchez, turned out to be a Jamarcus Russell-like bust.

Well, as far as I know, the owner can't be fired, and let's face it, it was Woody Johnson who ordered the Tebow trade. Obviously, his presence was a joke this season, as we're the Jets. I have been a Jets fan since the days of Richard Todd, and I haven't felt this low since Iheard the "Jeff must go" chants in 1986. Seriously, there are other bad teams in the NFL, but at least their ships are sailing in the right I reaction with promising young players. It doesn't even feel like the Jets' ship is sailing at all, given that their most promising young player, Mark Sanchez, turned out to be a Jamarcus Russell-like bust.

This team is truly rudderless, and it does not appear anything is really going to change soon other than shuffling the deck hands.

Archived