How interested would/should the Jets be in Pioli if he were to become available?

SenorGato

Seems like it was a pretty heavily rumored earlier in the season that Pioli would be fired, and I'm not sure it's gotten better since then.

At 48 by the time the draft rolls around next April, he's got 20 years of NFL experience especially in the area of scouting. He's got a track record in the AFC East as a GM, has worked with the greatest coach of the era, has a small history with this franchise, and of course remains highly regarded as a front office Football Man within the league.

OTOH, the Chiefs haven't had any success so far. OTOOH it is not due to a lack of draft picks/lauded draft classes, young players, or cap room.

Right now, he would be the top guy on my list amongst established Football Men to take us into an Age of Football Reason and help establish Direction for this franchise. I doubt he would be greeted with sunshine and lollipops viewpoints that some 15 year old from a Hansel franchise would, but that only makes me more confident that he would be the right choice.

So, what are the chances he is made available? What are the chances the Jets are interested? What are the chances he's interested? How would you react (feel free to give this in rep, gif, or insult form)?

Give me a list of players he's drafted.

Richard Seymour > JJ Watt, and one guy was actually the GM when making the pick....So we can start there.

Tom Brady

Vince Wilfork

You know...just a couple slam dunk HOFers with solid cases as the GOATs at their positions....Nothing special or anything otherwise...Ty Warren, Dan Koppen, Asante Samuels, Logan Mankins, Gostowski...Eric Berry, J. Houston, the surprising Poe pick that isn't not working...

Richard Seymour > JJ Watt, and one guy was actually the GM when making the pick....So we can start there.

Tom Brady

Vince Wilfork

You know...just a couple slam dunk HOFers with solid cases as the GOATs at their positions....Nothing special or anything otherwise...Ty Warren, Dan Koppen, Asante Samuels, Logan Mankins, Gostowski...Eric Berry, J. Houston, the surprising Poe pick that isn't not working...

Dude that's like winning 88 million in power ball and declaring yourself a mathematical genius.

Dude that's like winning 88 million in power ball and declaring yourself a mathematical genius.

Yeah I know, but so is having JJ Watt be the 4th best DL prospect in a draft with multiple QBs, an elite CB prospect, a couple elite WR prospects....yet Yet Another First TImer can get mad credit for that one.

Its clear to me that Rex has already got to Woody and blamed Tanny for his draft pickin.

That means Rex stays. Woody trust Tanny with the checkbook so hes staying too. Rex, Tanny and the new guy will all have say.

Well the Troll clearly invests more time in the Jets than his "supposed" favorite team ...

Why would Bill Polian want to be the Jets' GM?

He is 70. The team is a mess. The cap is a mess.

If you had a carrot, like a young stud QB, that would be one thing, but what compelling reason would he want to be the Jets' GM?

Why would Bill Polian want to be the Jets' GM?

He is 70. The team is a mess. The cap is a mess.

If you had a carrot, like a young stud QB, that would be one thing, but what compelling reason would he want to be the Jets' GM?

Maybe Bill get his foot in the door and passes the torch to his son?

Maybe Bill get his foot in the door and passes the torch to his son?

Possibly.

Again, at 70, if you had an Andrew Luck, RGIII or someone that Polian could build around that would be one thing.....or if he thinks Sanchez is salvageable...then maybe. Otherwise, I think he will wait (if interested in getting back in the game) for an opportunity where he has some talent to build around.

Archived