New York Jets Pro Bowl Players are...

CrazyCarl40

@nyjets: #RL NFL has announced tonight that Jets CB Antonio Cromartie and S LaRon Landry have been named to AFC's Pro Bowl roster.

@nyjets: #RL 3 other Jets are Pro Bowl alternates: T D'Brickashaw Ferguson (2nd alt), C Nick Mangold (3rd alt) and KR Joe McKnight (3rd alt).

The price tag on Landry just went up.

Wilkerson got robbed and excepting Watt I don't know if there's been a better DL all season, 3-4 or 4-3. After Cro he's been the best player on the team this season. Mangold doesn't deserve to go, he's been really inconsistent this year. The stinker he threw up against Jax was one of the worst games any player has had on this team all year. Maybe the downer of playing for Sanchez finally got to him, but he's had a very subpar year by his normal standards.

Cro and Landry starting?

I don't think Landry deserves the spot either but he's a name. Ditto for Berry. Jairus Byrd is hands down the best cover safety in the league right now and IMO that's the biggest gip from this year's rosters. I would have given the other spot to T.J. Ward. Weddle's been really great this year too. I'd have Landry at around 5th in the conference right now. It's a justifiable selection, but other guys probably deserved it over him.

Wilkerson got robbed and excepting Watt I don't know if there's been a better DL all season, 3-4 or 4-3. After Cro he's been the best player on the team this season. Mangold doesn't deserve to go, he's been really inconsistent this year. The stinker he threw up against Jax was one of the worst games any player has had on this team all year. Maybe the downer of playing for Sanchez finally got to him, but he's had a very subpar year by his normal standards.

Its really been two years in a row for him now. I think he screwed himself up last season by rushing back from injury and he hasnt been the same since then. Its the teams fault because they had nobody that they could slide over in his place if that happened. At least this year they could move Slauson over and insert Vlad, but last year Vlad was so bad as was/is Schauderlaff that they were forced to play Colin Baxter. Mangold is a tough guy and wanted right back in and I think its affected him now because the Jets have been happy to oblige because they are afraid of the alternatives. When you are paying a guy to be the best at his position you have to be careful with their health, especially big guys who start damaging their ankles. In pass protection he is more or less grading out as average now which is pretty unacceptable. He is still solid with the run but the whole Jets line is done an injustice by having Shonn Greene and Bilal Powell as the 1-2 punch. all I know is that paying a center all that money is probably not very good spend and if you are going to spend like that for one you have to make sure he stays healthy not rush him back because you failed to sign a replacement.

No problem for me to see cro and Landry get named. D'brickashaw has been meh, but he's a good selection as an alternate. What burns me is mangold. He really dropped off a cliff this year and to be honest, as I mentioned earlier in the season, I don't think his skills have diminished. I honestly think he's just gotten too fat to move as well s he used to. He needs to drop 20 to 30 lbs.. he gets a treadmill and he's back in the pro bowl next season.

Its really been two years in a row for him now. I think he screwed himself up last season by rushing back from injury and he hasnt been the same since then. Its the teams fault because they had nobody that they could slide over in his place if that happened. At least this year they could move Slauson over and insert Vlad, but last year Vlad was so bad as was/is Schauderlaff that they were forced to play Colin Baxter. Mangold is a tough guy and wanted right back in and I think its affected him now because the Jets have been happy to oblige because they are afraid of the alternatives. When you are paying a guy to be the best at his position you have to be careful with their health, especially big guys who start damaging their ankles. In pass protection he is more or less grading out as average now which is pretty unacceptable. He is still solid with the run but the whole Jets line is done an injustice by having Shonn Greene and Bilal Powell as the 1-2 punch. all I know is that paying a center all that money is probably not very good spend and if you are going to spend like that for one you have to make sure he stays healthy not rush him back because you failed to sign a replacement.

They gotta restructure right? His cap numbers are insane the next 3-4 years. 9.1 next year is nuts.

Several sources are reporting that two New York Jets players have been named to the pro bowl.  Cornerback Antonio Cromartie and Safety Laron Landry have both been recognized for their outstanding seasons.  It is impressive what the Jets secondary has done, considering they are without arguably the best cornerback in the game in Darrelle Revis.

Cromartie is going to his 2nd pro bowl, but his first as a New York Jet.

It is also being reported that the Jets have two offensive lineman listed as alternates.  And Joe McKnight is the 3rd alternate for kick returners.

There will be plenty of time in the offseason to discuss player moves.  But Laron Landry will be a free agent and one of the questions the Jets will face is can they resign him?  Laron is physical and has done a great job in coverage this season.  Eric Smith chasing tight ends into the end zone is not something Jets fans want to see more of anytime soon.

i dont understand how Jets fans still tear down Brick and Nick. Congrats to them and also Cro and Landry who in fact were the top at their position. Yes Jets fans the season sucked but these players were good.

Nick was an all world center and maybe my favorite Jet. I hope he's back to form next season but he doesn't deserve sh*t right now.

No problem for me to see cro and Landry get named. D'brickashaw has been meh, but he's a good selection as an alternate. What burns me is mangold. He really dropped off a cliff this year and to be honest, as I mentioned earlier in the season, I don't think his skills have diminished. I honestly think he's just gotten too fat to move as well s he used to. He needs to drop 20 to 30 lbs.. he gets a treadmill and he's back in the pro bowl next season.

Might be tuff to play center when your starting QB is scared sh*tless and squeezes onto your nuts for dear life.,

They gotta restructure right? His cap numbers are insane the next 3-4 years. 9.1 next year is nuts.

Hes a given. Off the top of my head I think they can bring him down by about 2.4 million just by converting a roster bonus to signing bonus. They may even have the contractual right to just do that and it may have already been done and I just dont know about it. They can bring it down further but I wouldnt do it only because I want to keep my options open with him. Its alot of spend for a center especially if he doesnt go back to be the clearcut best in the game.

Nick was an all world center and maybe my favorite Jet. I hope he's back to form next season but he doesn't deserve sh*t right now.

one comment in this thread said that Nick wasn't good cause he rushed back from injury. I'd bet money that had Nick rested his ankle, they'd say a guy making that much money can't miss time. OL are expected to tough it out. Mangold is awesome. The dysfunction of the offense makes everyone look worse than they are... but Nick deseves this honor.

Archived