Sanchez to start on Sunday-Mcelroy out with concussion (Merged)

faba

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm calling shenanigans on this one actually. This seems like the easy answer, but it's probably because if Tebow were to go out and play remotely well, the backlash from the fans and media would be pretty, pretty, really bad.

Agreed. Said it when they chose McElroy. They are avoiding that backlash at all costs. And rightfully so, IMO. If he wins, then they are committed to him next season and then what?

Only thing it's missing is Tanny staying on cause Sanchez showed life

Oh ****sake, you're so right. This is all going to happen. Sanchez lights it up. Everyone comes back to try again.

****ing Jets baby, ****ing Jets.

I'm calling shenanigans on this one actually. This seems like the easy answer, but it's probably because if Tebow were to go out and play remotely well, the backlash from the fans and media would be pretty, pretty, really bad.

I think it's a little of both. Tebow's clearly not on the team next year, so there's no sense in giving him a start when you can try to get Sanchez back on his feet.... but if Tebow went in and played well, Ryan would be roasted(and rightly so) for not making the switch much earlier. No one likes to be second guessed.

Pretty gutty again. If the Bills were coming here, does anyone think Rex has the nuts to put Sanchez out there? No. McElroy's head would heal miraculously. Loser coach, loser franchise.

Also, if they're bald-face lying about McElroy's concussion, that'll be the second time in a week that Rex has lied to his team with them knowing it. Devito was on WFAN and called the buzz about Tebow opting out of the Wildcat "the most disappointing thing [he's] heard this season," saying that Tebow would never, ever, ever, ever ask out the way Rex portrayed it.

what's lost in this is how incredibly bad Tebow must look in practice.

I don't buy the conspiracy crap. Rex isn't playing Tebow because he's scared he'll do well.. he's not playing him because he's scared he'll play like he does in practice.

I don't buy the conspiracy crap. Rex isn't playing Tebow because he's scared he'll do well.. he's not playing him because he's scared he'll play like he does in practice.

What does that matter now? It's actually to the Jets' benefit if they lose this game... why not stick him in the game if he's terrible?

Oh yeah, that one more loss, totally makes the difference.

The Jets lost their best player on both sides of the ball and were at least competitve vs the Pats and Texans. The Bills and their revamped D have been at full strength and sh-t the bed pretty much every week.

The Jets lost their best player on both sides of the ball and were at least competitve vs the Pats and Texans. The Bills and their revamped D have been at full strength and sh-t the bed pretty much every week.

Yup. And then throw in final factor. We are the Jets :(

what's lost in this is how incredibly bad Tebow must look in practice.

I don't buy this at all because Tebow was the only backup for most of the season. So if he's that bad in practice and Rex has no faith in the kid at all, why not dress 3 QBs, just in case. With that logic, Greg wasn't even good enough to be active for 95 percent of the season, and yet he still started a game.

My opinion is Woody wanted Tebow here (which scares me in that he might fight for Vick since it's all about PR), Rex and Tanny didn't, and Rex pretty much made sure Tebow looked bad or never played. It's like one of those "F - U" moments a kid shows to their parents or a employee shows to their bosses. Except in the end, only Rex looks like the idiot.

Tebow isn't a starting QB in the NFL. He's a gimmic. He might have some sort of 'it' and leadership quality and he seems like a good kid, but at the end of the day, nobody is going to let him start at QB. I don't even think Jacksonville would. If you suck in practice and everybody thinks you suck as a QB, you'll never play. That's Tebow. He might have a knack for winning, if everything falls into place, but he just doesn't have a knack for being a QB.

But saying all that, what is the point of starting Mark this last game? If he really really sucks or gets hurt(Dree Brees last game injury), the Jets can't trade him for dog poop. If he lights it up and they win big, Sanchez sticks around and people start demanding he get another chance. Nobody is going to think he's worth 8.5 Million around the NFL. Maybe thats what Rex is trying to do. Maybe he hopes he's still HC and hopes Sanchez is the QB. And if that's the case, Rex is dumber and has more man love for Sanchez than any of us thought. Which is scary.

I don't buy this at all because Tebow was the only backup for most of the season. So if he's that bad in practice and Rex has no faith in the kid at all, why not dress 3 QBs, just in case. With that logic, Greg wasn't even good enough to be active for 95 percent of the season, and yet he still started a game.

Hola Pedro.

Greg sucks too. Rex didn't want to completely embarass Tebow by deactivating him and didn't want to waste the roster spot on a 3rd QB.

You're right. You're the one who's repeatedly said that wins are the only thing that matters all year, and I'm the one who's set up the strawman. I think you may want to reread the Wikipedia section on page before you start using teh Google image.

STAND DOWN SIR

Dude, being "at least competitive" is in these days. Pac is one of those dads who gives his son trophies for trying...

Jokes aside I hate that crap.. Participation trophies are part of the reason todays kids are ill equipped to handle shortcomings in the workplace. They don't know how to deal with failure.

Dude, being "at least competitive" is in these days. Pac is one of those dads who gives his son trophies for trying...

Scene 1 of Big Fan: Part Deux, Fan Harder

(Pac stands behind fence as Mark Sanchez exits stadium after career ending season)

Pac: "MARK! MARK! I CAN TAKE YOU AND THE GUYS OUT FOR BLIZZARDS AND FLURRIES IF THAT'S SOMETHING YOU GUYS ARE INTERESTED IN! I'M PROUD OF YOU!!"

Jokes aside I hate that crap.. Participation trophies are part of the reason todays kids are ill equipped to handle shortcomings in the workplace. They don't know how to deal with failure.

No doubt. My nephew has a participation ribbon on his wall. I was killing my brother with you're son has a ribbon for sucking on his wall. lulz.

The pussification of america at its best.

Archived