Zimmerman: Tannenbaum to be FIRED on Monday Funday

T0mShane

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The leaks that come out from this organization is mind boggling

It is amazing, every decision this team makes shows up in the paper before it is announced. Assuming the leaker is not Woody, this person needs to be fired immediately. It would be nice to fire Woody anyway, but we are stuck with him.

I'm not sure what to think. Who is Woody really looking for? Terry is still on the payroll. Tanny will still be on the payroll.

We've seen how the Jets front office has handled things over the years. And this Tebow mess, what good GM or HC would want to join an organization where the Owner demands to get a player for the tabloids and not for improving the team?

If Rex stays, it becomes one of those, GM came onboard but didn't' get the coach and coaches he wanted. Start over. If Rex picks some QB or for whatever reason, they stick with Sanchez next season because he lights up the Bills, it'll be another few wasted seasons cause the GM came onboard and didn't get his QB.

I honestly think they need to fire everybody and start over. But that never happens. Terry is around. Tanny will be around. And some new GM will hear whispers.

Seems like Woody Johnson is floating this trial balloon of keeping Tannenbaum and Bradway in some other office titles. It will not work, and no decent GM is going to come in to have his 2 predecessors 2nd guessing him in the owners' box.

Think of ti like this-Jerry Reexe or Ozzie Newsom magically get free. WOuld either put up with this old guy in corner office nonsense?

Agreed with regime change...have to hope Woody makes the right GM hire...not sure where Woody turns as a sounding board...have to think he feels burned after the Mangini/Tanny then Tanny/Rex regimes...also hope he avoids turning to the Tuna.

Best bet is he leans on someone within NFL circles to get the right GM...similar to how Arthur Blank hired Ernie Accorsi as a consultant for the GM search following the Bobbie Petrino year...unfortunately, Ernie already been hired to lead Carolina' search for a new GM. Wish he could lead both searches...but may have conflict of interest.

Obviously it's the new GM's call...but I've stated in multiple threads...want Mike Zimmer as HC...tough, no-nonsense...well overdue for a HC gig...would seem the logical choice after Rex...like how Rex was a good choice after Mangini...put the knuckleheads on notice...also defensive minded tailored to the strength of this team...just needs to make right choices with the staff (offensively).

Accorsi is a douche which is why the Maras and the Tisches dumped him. The guy talks to reporters way too much. Parcells on the radio today sounds very old. Not a nice thing to say, but true.

Tuna led Woody astray recommending Tanny, Rex and Sparano.

BP lost his fastball years ago.

I think this is the first time I've agreed with anything you've posted. Not sure if the Tuna had anything to do with Rex/Sparano, but he did bring Tanny in when he took over the Jets and he hand picked Bradway as his successor. Woody should stay away from the Tunas advice.

It is amazing, every decision this team makes shows up in the paper before it is announced. Assuming the leaker is not Woody, this person needs to be fired immediately. It would be nice to fire Woody anyway, but we are stuck with him.

Yes, even the cheerleaders.

Accorsi is a douche which is why the Maras and the Tisches dumped him. The guy talks to reporters way too much. Parcells on the radio today sounds very old. Not a nice thing to say, but true.

He's not looking for the job himself....Accorsi is the head hunter...he helped Blank make a good decision for the Falcons...now he's consulting the Panthers' owner...

Woody is the rich kid with lots of money...he needs a sound football guy to help him make the right decision...I think Accorsi is the better man to identify the next great GM than Woody or any of the clowns in the building.

I think this is the first time I've agreed with anything you've posted. Not sure if the Tuna had anything to do with Rex/Sparano, but he did bring Tanny in when he took over the Jets and he hand picked Bradway as his successor. Woody should stay away from the Tunas advice.

BPs hands are all over Rex and Sparano. http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?columnist=oconnor_ian&id=6036077

He also said that Sanchez would be good QB if he could learn to play in the cold.

Well, 1st of all, I'm not the source... :animal0029:

However, the person who should be fired immediately is the very person who pushed Tannenbaum to get Tebow in the 1st place - Woody Johnson.

I have never been a fan of our existing owner, many here know that.

I was aware that the only reason he purchased this franchise from the Hess family was to get a bigger profit in a "Land Grab" scheme in Manhattan that failed due to Albany congressmen seeing the same results by "Johnson Financial" and "Bloomburg TV Holdings."

This same "Jimmy Johnson" wannabe who went after Tebow because his very name brought 17% more season ticket holders to Denver in 2011.

The Very Man who, in my opinion, will not put another cent into this offense in 2013 - Unless there can be a PROFIT made in it - and that does not mean the legendary "Lombardi Trophy."

And that's this Baumerjet's Story...

I wonder if the Jets leaked the story about having Tannenbaum stay on in a dual capacity with a new GM just to get a reaction. Once it was roundly criticized they decide that it's best just to releave him of his duties.

100% spot on

Slapdick organizational procedure for Woody's team.

Archived