Gutty Ryan would welcome firing if "Woody" doesn't fix offense. (From the YeahOKGuy Dept.)

T0mShane

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In re: Sourcegate, Rex is the source. Mehta's been carrying water for him for months. He's not trying to shoot his way out of town, he's giving Woody a me-or-Tannenbaum ultimatum to save his own skin.

pish posh.

there has been speculation for weeks that Tanny has 1 foot out the door. Why would Ryan give ultimatums a day after a report came out stating Tanny will be fired on Monday?

Relevance? Accuracy is not necessary to be better than Tebow or McElroy. All the "anybody would be better" people saw that it wasn't true Sunday.

Sanchez threw 5 picks against an awful Titans defense. McElroy threw 1 against a decent Charger defense. I'll still take McElroy over Sanchez.

That being said, our future at the position isn't on the roster. Blow it all up.

As to JiF, yea of course we all loved Rex when he was winning with Mangini's personnel while adding two of his own guys (Scott, Leonhard) and giving a nodded "HELL YES" to Tannenbaum's Santonio query.

This is the most ridiculous thing going on this board. Mangini's roster, not Tanny's but now its Tanny's and Rex and Mangini was the real genius. lulz. Rex brought in all sorts of new blood in 09 and more in 10.

Again, nobody was complaining about Holmes when he was winning games. Instead, everyone was posting pictures of him doing the fly boy and putting him in their avatar and sucking his balls. Now, everyone was right all along. Too funny. Seriously.

Hard Knocks 2010, followed by that season, made the Rex tenure worth it on its own. Has any HC in football history beaten two HOF QBs in a row on the road in the playoffs with a sh*tbag QB AND simultaneously helped make one of the greatest TV shows ever? I think not.

Ha! 2010 was hands down the most exciting year in my life time as a Jets fan. That show was awesome, that season was awesome filled with great memories. I guess I should apologize for finding enjoyment out of the Jets. lulz

Who didn't he bench? Sanchez? Can't you see now why he wasn't benched? The other two are worse. Considerably worse. The mistake is having three sh*tty QBs, not failing to bench one for a guy that can't throw the ball 15 yards. The highlight of the year for Tebow and McElroy was a questionable roughness penalty that got McElroy a W.

Bullcrap mon sanchez led team to a combined 3 points in 1H vs zona jax and Tenn, Gmac 14 points in 1H alone mon, also led team to only TD in pre-season, ya the Mex is better lmao

Sanchez threw 5 picks against an awful Titans defense. McElroy threw 1 against a decent Charger defense. I'll still take McElroy over Sanchez.

That being said, our future at the position isn't on the roster. Blow it all up.

Fine, but Sanchez has had better games. McElroy has not. His only positive is that he isn't Sanchez.

Fine, but Sanchez has had better games. McElroy has not.

McElroy has had ONE start! lol! Sanchez has had maybe 4 good games in 4 years.

The fact that there's even a comparison to be made about a top 5 pick who's been in the league 4 years with a 7th rounder with 1 start says a lot.

First off no one was a genius for the 2009-2010 teams....those teams werent even that good.

Oh bullsh*t. You don't get ranked # 1 in defense and # 1 in rushing (2009) or win 11 games (2010) if you aren't a good team.

Insert Brett Favre at QB instead of Sanchez and at least one of those 2 teams wins a Super Bowl. Soooooo sad.

Oh bullsh*t. You don't get ranked # 1 in defense and # 1 in rushing (2009) or win 11 games (2010) if you aren't a good team.

Insert Brett Favre at QB instead of Sanchez and at least one of those 2 teams wins a Super Bowl. Soooooo sad.

Favre blew the NFC title game too.

2009 team won 9 games. 2010 won 11. Those werent great teams.

41 year old jet fan here,.Richard Todd finding Bill Simpson of the bills wide open in the end zone to end our wild card game when I was 10 should've clued me in on what was to come.

LOL That was when I fell in love with them as well. That was my very first Jet game. And I was ten at the time. lol Boy, I should've known!

First off no one was a genius for the 2009-2010 teams....those teams werent even that good.

Nice teams sure...they werent division winners or Super Bowl teams. The teams the lost to in the title games both went on to lose Super Bowls.

They werent great teams because they were playing with one of the worst Qb's in the league. You cant be great with a horrible QB.

And Rex's game plans in those playoffs were nothing short of genius. Sure, they failed but what he did to 3 straight HOF QB's on the road is a testament to his defensive prowess.

They werent great teams because they were playing with one of the worst Qb's in the league. You cant be great with a horrible QB.

And Rex's game plans in those playoffs were nothing short of genius. Sure, they failed but what he didnt to 3 straight HOF QB's on the road is a testament to his defensive prowess.

Sanchez sucked no doubt....but he wasnt even the reason we lost the title games.

Sanchez was also Rex's pick so I dont want to hear about it. Sanchez was Rex's responsibility.

Sanchez sucked no doubt....but he wasnt even the reason we lost the title games.

Sanchez was also Rex's pick so I dont want to hear about it. Sanchez was Rex's responsibility.

Sanchez's play had an impact in both games. Directly responsible like he's been for numerous losses here?, no. But a factor, for sure, no doubt.

I've said all along, that Rex's loyalty to Sanchez will eventually get him fired. And because I hate Sanchez so much, I'm ok with that. But its a shame.

Sanchez's play had an impact in both games. Directly responsible like he's been for numerous losses here?, no. But a factor, for sure, no doubt.

I've said all along, that Rex's loyalty to Sanchez will eventually get him fired. And because I hate Sanchez so much, I'm ok with that. But its a shame.

Of course it factored in. He played well in the first half of the Colts game....second half we stopped throwing the ball for some reason and Peyton went nuts. Feely missed two field goals too....one on the first drive of the second half. Braylon was working that rookie corner and we never went to him again. Run, run, pass punt was the second half with a washed up Thomas Jones. Braylon called out Schotty after the game....he should have been fired in Indianapolis.

Steeler game the whole team wasnt ready to play. Great teams dont give up 12 minute drives to start a title game.

Sure the regular season would have been different with a better QB...but Rex wanted Sanchez to start from day 1. That's on him...no one else.

Favre blew the NFC title game too.

2009 team won 9 games. 2010 won 11. Those werent great teams.

1) No guarantee he would have done the same here. We had a better defense than that Viking team, even with their terrific pass-rush.

2) I'd argue those were great teams saddled with a bad QB. Maybe that makes them not so great overall, but again, how often do you have a team that finishes # 1 in defense AND # 1 in rushing and not consider that team great?

1) No guarantee he would have done the same here. We had a better defense than that Viking team, even with their terrific pass-rush.

2) I'd argue those were great teams saddled with a bad QB. Maybe that makes them not so great overall, but again, how often do you have a team that finishes # 1 in defense AND # 1 in rushing and not consider that team great?

1998 was a great team.

2009, 2010 were not.

Yes, regular season those teams probably would have been better with a differtent QB, 2009 especially. But they still did go to the title games and Sanchez wasnt the only reason they lost those games.

Sanchez is losing games by himself this season....neither the Colts or Steeler game were squarely on his shoulders.

Sanchez sucked no doubt....but he wasnt even the reason we lost the title games

Oh really?

In 2009, as soon as Shonn Greene got hurt against the Colts, our offense sputtered. That's on Sanchez.

In 2010, Sanchez's awful first half against the Steelers cost us the game even more than our poor tackling.

He wasn't the only reason but he was a HUGE reason, probably the BIGGEST reason.

He's also the biggest reason the 2009 team only won 9 games and the 2010 team only won 11. He performs better, we get a division title or 2 and some home playoff games.

Archived