Gutty Ryan would welcome firing if "Woody" doesn't fix offense. (From the YeahOKGuy Dept.)

T0mShane

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex only stays if Jets cant get or are too cheap to get a high profile MVP-type GM. If we get a up and comer candidate (aka will accept job with caveat Rex stays) Rex stays so Woody can save cash.

If high profile GM hired, he will bring in his guy Day One as Year One in new regime is a free pass for GM/HC alike.

Maybe although new gm might prefer to not bring in his guy before the qb of the future is on roster. Built in scapegoat ala mangini in cleveland under holmgren

Stop believing every single unnamed source in the media. Fools!

Also, gotta love the whining about Rex's *alleged* comments when you've all been making those same comment all season. Seriously just shut up.

There ya go. Nicely written. This will finally be the post that gets people to start taking you seriously.

Give me a break with "handed to him." It's been reported EVERYWHERE that he wanted Sanchez and there is no way I believe that he didn't OK the Tebow trade. He's been picking the players from the second he got here. Why do you think the Bart Scott's and Eric Smith's of the world are still on this team and they keep drafting DL's?

The defensive results have been good. And watch the attitude with the give me a break crap.

The defensive results have been good. And watch the attitude with the give me a break crap.

And he gets credit for the D, overrated as it's been. The most legitimate criticism of him is for his utter lack of competence at picking offensive players, judging the offensive players he has and developing an offensive gameplan that will win games in 2012.

Yup. All he's done is lie all season.

That's the thing though. I don't think that Rex thinks anything he's saying isn't the 100% truth. The guy is a delusional person and needs help. Enough crap has come out about his personal life over the years, and combine that with what's been living in complete denial this year, (the post-Thanksgiving press conf was just a mentally unstable dude kidding himself as to what just happened), he just shouldn't be a HC. Guy has way too many issues.

I guess it's just the way you worded it but they didn't exactly "find" quarterbacks like it is some simple thing to do.

Not simple. Obviously.

I was looking up so interesting stuff on QB's. I think like 21 starters were first round picks. Like 4 are 2nd. And then only like 3 went deeper. Romo being on the udfa.

There is no skill. Its almost 90% on luck. ****ing Colts, 2 worst seasons for their franchise just happen to be perfectly timed with 2 of the best all time QB prospects. The popular way to look in the first and hope you dont miss. Unfortunately for the Jets, they did.

Not simple. Obviously.

I was looking up so interesting stuff on QB's. I think like 21 starters were first round picks. Like 4 are 2nd. And then only like 3 went deeper. Romo being on the udfa.

There is no skill. Its almost 90% on luck. ****ing Colts, 2 worst seasons for their franchise just happen to be perfectly timed with 2 of the best all time QB prospects. The popular way to look in the first and hope you dont miss. Unfortunately for the Jets, they did.

Not only missed, but traded up to miss (when they could have stayed and taken Freeman) and then compounded the mistake with the contract. If Mark Sanchez was drafted since the new CBA this isn't even a discusssion. Jets as an organization just have the best luck.

What a disaster. I bet Tebow is doing cartwheels, ibid for Sanchez, McElory and Santonio. Gotta feel sorry for the rest of the jets though, the ones that come in each day to simply do their jobs. If Rex is not fired it is certainly going to be a bad place to work next year. Everyone will be uneasy.

Is there any particular article that you found to be fabricated?

"fabricated" is too strong of term. sensationalistc and misleading would be more apropo.

tell me that 70% of the people that read this mornings fish wrap didn't come away thinking that Rex himself was the one saying those things. It's right out of the National Inquirer.

"fabricated" is too strong of term. sensationalistc and misleading would be more apropo.

tell me that 70% of the people that read this mornings fish wrap didn't come away thinking that Rex himself was the one saying those things. It's right out of the National Inquirer.

It reads like someone close to the situation gave Mehta a few quotes about Rex not minding getting fired. By itself, it's a non-story. But Rex having a press conference where he stumbles through some weird denial-ish, now puts it on ESPN for the next three days. Buffoons.

In fairness clear when Mehta confronted Ryan with the story he denied it, and Mehta doens't have than anywhere in the story.

Pretty sad that the one guy arguably doing his best to the point that Rex brags about the defense is the guy kicking him in the shins. Ryan basicallyu extolls Pettine every week, and Pettine craps on everyone else. And perhaps Pettine is right. Week after week he puts a decent defense together despite clear weakness in the front 7 and Revis getting injured to watch the offense screw the pooch every week. Not surprisinh the defense got frustrated, but unprecedented for a defensieve coach to give voice to it.

OMG press conferences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG who's the leak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG who said I have a fat ass!!!!!????!!!!!

Your local newspaper has eleven pages.

Your local sports coverage is 98% committed to UF.

Your concept of how the Jets are being covered, and why it's a story, is based in sun-bleached, backwater ignorance.

Archived