**Official NY Jets General Manager Discussion Thread** (MERGED)

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My question is if those revenues are even reported in the Forbes survey.

One thing we do know increased-shared revenue. New TV deals

Ofcourse they were reported. Now you are second guessing the link you provided as proof? lol

And we know that there were decreases too. It looks like the Jets had cash issues in 2011. I'm not sure in this economy it is practical to have a quick turnaround.

Ofcourse they were reported. Now you are second guessing the link you provided as proof? lol

And we know that there were decreases too. It looks like the Jets had cash issues in 2011. I'm not sure in this economy it is practical to have a quick turnaround.

You say this, yet continue to show no proof. Time to move on.

Thanks for sharing with us today that owning an NFL team is akin to owning Facebook or a home.

I maintain that the Jets have a positive cashflow, because if they don't, they have to be one of the dumbest organizations on earth, with the environment, structure and luxuries of the NFL.

Could Perry Fewell come with him?

Doubt it as it would be a lateral and thats too much poaching of a neighbor.

Unless u r implying as HC?

Dont count out Rob Ryan replacing Petttine. NFL Network said they think Rob is safe, but its the 8th straight year a Rob Ryan Def has had a 500 or losing record.

You say this, yet continue to show no proof. Time to move on.

Thanks for sharing with us today that owning an NFL team is akin to owning Facebook or a home.

I maintain that the Jets have a positive cashflow, because if they don't, they have to be one of the dumbest organizations on earth, with the environment, structure and luxuries of the NFL.

lol,,,thanks for showing how little you understand about business and operating profit....lol

Still waiting for your proof it was positive in 2012 when it was negative in 2011.....

I don't get it, people criticize Woody Johnson for not being a "football guy," but then when he hires "football guys" who have been successful in the past to help him in this search, people get critical about that? Why?

After considering both sides, I take Woody's decision to hire this firm as a tremendous step in the right direction.

However, he did this because he is not a football person.

But he is realizing that this is a business, and losing doesn't pay the bills. Money like most times has become the primary motivator, and that's completely fine with me if we get a freaking Superbowl out of this soon. The names popping up already - Gamble, Ross- are a great step in the right direction. Especially since it requires Woody to be above any perceived "BEEF" with the Giants in the effort to acquire the best talent available.

Football man he is not, intelligent executive he may still be.

After considering both sides, I take Woody's decision to hire this firm as a tremendous step in the right direction.

However, he did this because he is not a football person.

But he is realizing that this is a business, and losing doesn't pay the bills. Money like most times has become the primary motivator, and that's completely fine with me if we get a freaking Superbowl out of this soon. The names popping up already - Gamble, Ross- are a great step in the right direction. Especially since it requires Woody to be above any perceived "BEEF" with the Giants in the effort to acquire the best talent available.

Football man he is not, intelligent executive he may still be.

Agree. The names coming up are giving me some confidence that they're not looking for a lapdog for Rex, but a genuine GM.

$4 billion divided by 32 add 7% per year, and we can estimate the Jets and every other franchise gets $133,75 million in TV revenue in 2012.

http://www.bloomberg...rough-2022.html

That is salary right there.

Again, it would take an extreme idiot to not make money owning an NFL franchise. It is idiot proof. For anyone that does not believe any owner is making money, would be naive.

Jets hold nose, ask Giants for help

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 31, 2012, 3:47 PM EST

Perhaps Jets owner Woody Johnson is finally interested in stealing something besides the back pages from the Giants.

According to Kimberly Jones of the NFL Network, the Jets have asked permission to talk to Giants college scouting director Marc Ross for their vacant general manager job.

While the Jets generally try to avoid comparisons with their more successful co-tenants of MetLife Stadium, Ross brings a solid personnel background, which they need.

Ross is also on the Panthers’ list, emerging as a contender for that job as soon as former Giants GM Ernie Accorsi was brought in as a consultant.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/31/jets-hold-nose-ask-giants-for-help/

Well, him and Reese have done a solid job with the Giants draft. I guess he'd do well in that aspect, but I wonder how skilled he is at negotiating with agents.

I would not say that Tannenbaum was an especially effective negotiator, when you look at the Sanchez extension, the Holmes deal and the other abortions he has recently negotiated. I think they will probably bring in an assistant to act as negotiator if it is not his forte.

I would not say that Tannenbaum was an especially effective negotiator, when you look at the Sanchez extension, the Holmes deal and the other abortions he has recently negotiated. I think they will probably bring in an assistant to act as negotiator if it is not his forte.

yes, we've heard him talk.

Archived