EDIT: Jets Draft Pick

Lupz27

If they go defense it should be Te'o or bust because he is the only guy who can step in, play all three downs, fill a need and finally get some leadership on this team.

Way too early to pick a 3-4 ILB. Jarvis Jones, Damontre Moore, Kiki Mingo, Sam Montgomery and Dion Jordan are all three down OLBs and will be taken in the top 15 picks of the draft. We will finally have the ability to select a premier pass-rusher and if we **** it up by drafting Barkley or Joekel, I hope our new GM gets sodomized by a rhino.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way too early to pick a 3-4 ILB. Jarvis Jones, Damontre Moore, Kiki Mingo, Sam Montgomery and Dion Jordan are all three down OLBs and will be taken in the top 15 picks of the draft. We will finally have the ability to select a premier pass-rusher and if we **** it up by drafting Barkley or Joekel, I hope our new GM gets sodomized by a rhino.

Jarvis Jones is a bust waiting to happen. Dude got run over against Alabama. Anyone BUT him.

10% chance they stay at#8 and dont trade down. A new GM will sue 1st FREE PASS year to accumulate picks.

if we could trade back about 8-10 spots and pick up a mid-second round pick in return i think that would be great value. trade one of the seconds for a first the following year? i think that would be smart.

Yeah. Why would we want a sure fire 1000% bust proof player at a position of need who can play 3 downs instead of a 33% of the plays pass rusher who can't play against the run?

He's an inside linebacker and the difference between him and someone else is negligible. He isn't Mike Singletary. These plodding ILB aren't first round picks...if he wasn't at ND no one would care.

He's an inside linebacker and the difference between him and someone else is negligible. He isn't Mike Singletary. These plodding ILB aren't first orotund picks...if he wasn't at ND no one would care.

So tell me the pick then. This locker room as a whole needs a makeover. This guy could change the entire team with some leadership. I'm all for what makes the team better. He does that. But I'm all ears on someone else who will be a leader, play all three downs from jump, and also fill a void that we actually have.

I will literally strangle a kitten if they pick an ILB in the first round.

More subtle clues as to how much T0mShane hates pussy.

That being said, if they pick an ILB in the first round - in the top 10 no less - I will strangle a kitten.

Next year will be Harris and Davis. It's done. We have a dozen totally vacant holes and ILB isn't one of them. I'm all for drafting the best player available, but when that best player is an ILB it better be in the bottom half of the first round at the earliest, and the team better not have a dozen far more immediate needs.

QBs and pass rushers. If Te'o had 1/4 of Pat Willis' ability, this would be a conversation.

Fine. Take a pass rusher. They make maybe 1 or 2 impact plays a game. A MLB can make way more. But I can be persuaded.

Btw Burfict, who wasn't drafted, is beating for the Bengals. He was a better college player than Teo

Better how? I don't remember seeing his name on a Heisman ballot.

More subtle clues as to how much T0mShane hates pussy.

That being said, if they pick an ILB in the first round - in the top 10 no less - I will strangle a kitten.

Next year will be Harris and Davis. It's done. We have a dozen totally vacant holes and ILB isn't one of them. I'm all for drafting the best player available, but when that best player is an ILB it better be in the bottom half of the first round at the earliest, and the team better not have a dozen far more immediate needs.

I'd cut Harris is the cap would allow it. Where do you see them picking then? If they take a strict 3rd down pass rusher who can be on the field all downs I will strangle a kitten, even though I am severely allergic.

I'd cut Harris is the cap would allow it. Where do you see them picking then? If they take a strict 3rd down pass rusher who can be on the field all downs I will strangle a kitten, even though I am severely allergic.

cutting harris count an extra 500k against the cap and will be 13mil in dead money. he stays

The cap will not allow us to cut Harris until 2014 at the earliest (and he's a FA after 2014 anyway so depending on his level of play and who else we bring in and the development of Davis, it may pay to let his current deal run out. As a bonus, we may get an extra (compensatory) draft pick by letting his contract run to its end. The Harris contract was in the same league of awful as Holmes and only slightly not-worse than the one for Sanchez.

Prepare yourself for a restructuring of Harris' deal, which will guarantee him starter money for the next 2 years and make him uncuttable in 2013 or 2014.

What position or what player do we pick? I have no idea. It's December 30th. The prospects - including the top 10 - shuffle around between now and April.

But for someone who complains about the lack of playmakers on offense - and I don't disagree with you there - you sure seem eager to sign up for a non-playmaker position (notwithstanding the likes of first ballot HOFers like Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher).

If we needed an ILB at some point (when we're again contenders) we can always find one, even if he isn't a great one, and win a superbowl. That's much harder to find at will with regards to demon pass rushers or QBs (and I'm not saying that value will present itself there at #8 or wherever we pick).

If we're going to pick a vanilla position like ILB then trade down.

The cap will not allow us to cut Harris until 2014 at the earliest (and he's a FA after 2014 anyway so depending on his level of play and who else we bring in and the development of Davis, it may pay to let his current deal run out. As a bonus, we may get an extra (compensatory) draft pick by letting his contract run to its end. The Harris contract was in the same league of awful as Holmes and only slightly not-worse than the one for Sanchez.

Prepare yourself for a restructuring of Harris' deal, which will guarantee him starter money for the next 2 years and make him uncuttable in 2013 or 2014.

All this tells me is that Tanny should not be allowed within 100 ft of the salary cap. Fire him completely.

All this tells me is that Tanny should not be allowed within 100 ft of the salary cap. Fire him completely.

As long as he takes Buddy Jr with him.

You can't tell me this was done without Rex pushing for this. Rex was singing Harris' praises for two years before this contract was signed.

Everyone keeps saying its a sh*tty QB class. That may be true, but you can't tell me every single one of these guys won't be players. This is where we need a brand new scouting department loaded with people who can distinguish the prospects from the busts.

All 32 teams passed on Russell Wilson for 2 rounds, after all.

Everyone keeps saying its a sh*tty QB class. That may be true, but you can't tell me every single one of these guys won't be players. This is where we need a brand new scouting department loaded with people who can distinguish the prospects from the busts.

All 32 teams passed on Russell Wilson for 2 rounds, after all.

There very well be a few good QB's as pros, but none of them grade high coming out of college.

I would love to see us draft multiple QBs in this draft, and hope to get lucky on one, but none of these guys are worth taking in the first round

I would love to see us draft multiple QBs in this draft, and hope to get lucky on one, but none of these guys are worth taking in the first round

I'd be on board with that. We should have been stockpiling QB's for years now anyways. Take one in the 2nd, one in the 4th, and snag a veteran like Hasselbeck or Alex Smith. Cut/trade Sanchez, Tebow, and carry McElroy as the 4th guy if need be.

But which team is going to trade for him before April when no one knows his health status?

Trading Revis would have to take place closer to June, no? Might be a better idea to wait anyways, and accumulate 2014 draft picks.

If the get max value for him picks will have to be spread out over multiple years anyway. I do not want to take salaries back as part of any deal.

I'd be on board with that. We should have been stockpiling QB's for years now anyways. Take one in the 2nd, one in the 4th, and snag a veteran like Hasselbeck or Alex Smith. Cut/trade Sanchez, Tebow, and carry McElroy as the 4th guy if need be.

If you cut or trade Sanchez you won't be able to afford to "snag" a veteran and carry 4 QBs. That's silly, as is drafting multiple Qbs in hopes that one of them hits. There are holes at OG, OT, TE, WR, RB etc etc etc that need to be addressed to and there won't be much money to do it with.

If you cut or trade Sanchez you won't be able to afford to "snag" a veteran and carry 4 QBs. That's silly, as is drafting multiple Qbs in hopes that one of them hits. There are holes at OG, OT, TE, WR, RB etc etc etc that need to be addressed to and there won't be much money to do it with.

Not if they can trade down in the first and grab multiple picks in return.

I was thinking a 3rd rounder and a 4th or 5th if they grade out and the scouts like yhem

Archived