Report: GM Mike Tannenbaum FIRED (MERGED)

gangreenman

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Semantics may be important.

The article says that Tannenbaum "will be" fired, but "could be" reassigned. The first states something that is going to happen while the second is speculating on a possibility.

Thus, Tannenbaum is out, but it is up in the air if he is gone from the franchise.

Report says he is OUT. That he will not be back with the team next season.

Is that too soon to feel relieved ?

I think Woody found out after it was reported that Tanny will hang around that it will not be acceptable and no top notch candidate will tolerate that.

And it also says he will be reassigned right at the end. These guys are just effing with us JETS fans at this point!

Is Bradway still on the payroll?

I actually wouldn't be too pissed if they kept him on. I get the lingering resentment and he'll always be the Doug Jolley guy to me, but his track record is one of the few that isn't horrible in the current FO. He's the reason the Jets traded up for Revis and he's been in Tannenbaum's ear for another QB going on two drafts now with Dalton and Wilson. There's actually some evidence that he's good to have in an advisory role, just not in any way making decisions. But it also may be time to just do away with everyone from the past two administrations. It's probably time to start completely anew.

I actually wouldn't be too pissed if they kept him on. I get the lingering resentment and he'll always be the Doug Jolley guy to me, but his track record is one of the few that isn't horrible in the current FO. He's the reason the Jets traded up for Revis and he's been in Tannenbaum's ear for another QB going on two drafts now with Dalton and Wilson. There's actually some evidence that he's good to have in an advisory role, just not in any way making decisions. But it also may be time to just do away with everyone from the past two administrations. It's probably time to start completely anew.

Just wait until they name Bradway the interim GM while Mike goes back to contracts. Im not kidding either. The Jets dont let guys go they just shuffle the chairs on the Titanic

Best of luck, if this report is indeed true, to Mr. Tennenbaum in his future endeavors.

Rex's future, surely, will be up to whomever the new General Manager will be.

It's not personal. Whomever is the best available person to coach, should be the Coach. If thats Rex, alrighty then, if not, then he should be fired and the better option hired.

That simple, really.

Just wait until they name Bradway the interim GM while Mike goes back to contracts. Im not kidding either. The Jets dont let guys go they just shuffle the chairs on the Titanic

I can't possibly imagine that happening. Even if Woody thinks it would work out great, even he's not that big of an idiot to not realize the insane backlash that would come from making that move, and that alone would keep it from happening. He would get absolutely crucified by everyone; the fans, the media and league-wide as well.

That said, I'd bet Bradway is still kept around in his current role, or a comparable one, at the very least through the upcoming draft.

well,if you ascribe to the theory that the GM should select the coach, you wait to fire Rex. The GM might want him, God forbid.

Theres 2 ways to do this, one, you hire the GM you believe is the best candidate, and you give him the freedom to do whatever he wants to do with Rex.

The other way, the Jet way, is to ask candidates what they would do, or tell candidates that Rex is staying, and then only hire a candidate who is willing to keep Rex on.

I am fairly confident that the Jets will go the Jet way.

Archived