Report: GM Mike Tannenbaum FIRED (MERGED)

gangreenman

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex has 2 yrs left on his contract. Keeping him on a 1 yr probabtionary period is not going to be a killer for any new GM because he'll fire Rex with 1 yr left on deal and no big financial loss.

Also, if there is cap issues in 2013 cauing a rebuilding year, don't you want Rex running that team rather than the new HC who would likely start off with a losing season because of rebuilding?

Rex has 2 yrs left on his contract. Keeping him on a 1 yr probabtionary period is not going to be a killer for any new GM because he'll fire Rex with 1 yr left on deal and no big financial loss.

Also, if there is cap issues in 2013 cauing a rebuilding year, don't you want Rex running that team rather than the new HC who would likely start off with a losing season because of rebuilding?

what talented GM prospect will wanna work with an azzclown mon, i wouldnt think jet fans would want him anywhere near draft room

I like Rex.

As a coach he is like a draft prospect with great measurables, but drug convictions. It's like you can't coach speed. I'm sure there is a GM somewhere that is thinking that he can reigh Rex in, pair him with a solid offensive coach and make some serious hay. OTOH, there are plenty of respected guys that will have a do not touch grade on him.

I like Rex.

As a coach he is like a draft prospect with great measurables, but drug convictions. It's like you can't coach speed. I'm sure there is a GM somewhere that is thinking that he can reigh Rex in, pair him with a solid offensive coach and make some serious hay. OTOH, there are plenty of respected guys that will have a do not touch grade on him.

Like your friends.

What you have to ask yourself from a coach is, can he lead? rex has shown to be lacking in those qualities.

Yeah, Hard Knocks was great and funny, but that is not what makes a head coach

what talented GM prospect will wanna work with an azzclown mon, i wouldnt think jet fans would want him anywhere near draft room

This makes no sense. The problem with the Rex-Tanny dynamic is that Tanny lacks a personnel background and Rex is a bad talent evaluator because he thinks he can coach up anyone on defense and has no clue about offense. So Tanny didn't have anyone worthy to rely on.

Based on who the Jets seek to interview (Gamble from Niners, Ross from Giants), they want pure personnel guys as a GM. Thus, that GM won't be relying on Rex on draft day.

Like your friends.

What you have to ask yourself from a coach is, can he lead? rex has shown to be lacking in those qualities.

I don't disagree, but he also is a hell of a defensive coach and took an absolutely sh*t QB to the AFC championship game. It's possible that he can't do it, but he is the one that took that team to those games. Nobody else was carrying them. He may not be the kind of guy that can sustain leadership, but to say he can't lead is kind of dumb.

This makes no sense. The problem with the Rex-Tanny dynamic is that Tanny lacks a personnel background and Rex is a bad talent evaluator because he thinks he can coach up anyone on defense and has no clue about offense. So Tanny didn't have anyone worthy to rely on.

Based on who the Jets seek to interview (Gamble from Niners, Ross from Giants), they want pure personnel guys as a GM. Thus, that GM won't be relying on Rex on draft day.

Umm Rexey has major issues with pressers, in game management, lacks any clue on anything offensive related mon and imo an overrated DC to boot. Yea GM 'swill stand in line

to work with this guy. And Yes a Good GM does seek input from Good HC's

I don't disagree, but he also is a hell of a defensive coach and took an absolutely sh*t QB to the AFC championship game. It's possible that he can't do it, but he is the one that took that team to those games. Nobody else was carrying them. He may not be the kind of guy that can sustain leadership, but to say he can't lead is kind of dumb.

He can be a DC for somneone. Does not mean I should want him as my HC. We have seen far too much askew

Like your friends.

Ya scott my take also.

My biggest problem is no player fears making mistakes. Vets know they can be equal or even a LITTLE less talented and they will keep job over a younger player.

NFL HCs need to be cut throat and willing to play non famous players over seasoned vet sif it improves team 2 %. NFL is that compettitive.

I like the Phil Simms/Tuna story to illuminate why I think Jet players are so mistake prone:

" Jets players have ZERO accountability IMHO. I like to tell a story Parcells has told and Phil Simms has backed up on a few occasions about player fear. Tuna would say "These players have millions and get on a plane after game to fly to Caribbean with 2/3 days off. They dont really feel the pain of mistakes like other workers. The only thing I have to 'motivate' them is fear of humiliation. Humiliation on national TV. They know with me I will chew them out when the come off field after mistake in front of millions. They do NOT like that." Simms has verified that after a mistake Giants players would walk off field at 10 yd line to avoid meeting Tuna and his wrath. It works.

When was last time we saw Rex chew a player out for a mistake?? Rare, if EVER. ZERO accountability."

Oh bullsh*t.

Scott, I don't say you have to like Rex or want him back, but to act like he can't be a head coach is dumb. He has had success. Maybe he can't sustain anything and maybe he can't regain the team, but to think he is incapable is just as silly as thinking they will automatically be back in the AFC championship if he comes back.

Southern, Parcells is a douche and if it weren't for Belichick and LT he'd be a lesser Marty Schottenheimer. All those stories tell me is that he is a fat blowhard that thinks that the wins are on him. Coaches that pull that sh*t now end up on their ass. Rex stands up for his players? Rex doesn't yell at guys on the sidelines? This is a bad thing? In what ****ing universe?

So mIke has been dreaming since he was a kid of winning a SB as a General Manager? That is why he knew nothing about personnel all those years before Mangini made him G.M.? These guys never tell the truth. He thought that the path to the G.M. seat was through capology? Bunk. Good-bye Mr. T.

Oh bullsh*t.

Scott, I don't say you have to like Rex or want him back, but to act like he can't be a head coach is dumb. He has had success. Maybe he can't sustain anything and maybe he can't regain the team, but to think he is incapable is just as silly as thinking they will automatically be back in the AFC championship if he comes back.

Southern, Parcells is a douche and if it weren't for Belichick and LT he'd be a lesser Marty Schottenheimer. All those stories tell me is that he is a fat blowhard that thinks that the wins are on him. Coaches that pull that sh*t now end up on their ass. Rex stands up for his players? Rex doesn't yell at guys on the sidelines? This is a bad thing? In what ****ing universe?

What SJ is saying is there is not accountability:

-Coaches leaking information to the press-no one is fired

-Players non performance-they stay starters

-Re-signing players that are past their prime.

Rex , I am sure a nice guy. Proabaly too nice and loyal for his own good.

Oh bullsh*t.

Y did Ravens pass on rexey, they took an unknown ST coach over a DC, should tell you something, ozzie makes few mistakes as well mon

What SJ is saying is there is not accountability:

-Coaches leaking information to the press-no one is fired

-Players non performance-they stay starters

-Re-signing players that are past their prime.

Rex , I am sure a nice guy. Proabaly too nice and loyal for his own good.

I know what he is saying, but it doesn't mean sh*t. First of all, the way the front office ran things was bad for Rex. Forced the OC on him. Possibly telling him who to play - reports of this both at QB and OG. I don't see many backups that deserve more time. At WR? Who? At QB? Who? McElroy proved that the other day. Sanchez is totally in the sh*tter. He throws the ball like he is angry at the floor and McElroy really wasn't an improvement. That seems like GM stuff to me. He also seems to farm out the O, but on the D, plenty of guys were seeing reductions and switches in their playing time - at LB, at DB and along the line. Nobody notices that though, because he never says anything bad about the players. No, let's celebrate that fat gunt having bastard making an ass out of the team and himself.

I saw this from Gary Myers:

I've been told Bill Polian has no interest in the Jets GM job. Polian's prickly personality wouldn't go over real well in NY.

So what does sentence have to do with sentence one? Why wouldn't his personality go over here? Because the **** reporters might get butthurt? Go **** yourselves and learn to be better sports writers.

I know what he is saying, but it doesn't mean sh*t. First of all, the way the front office ran things was bad for Rex. Forced the OC on him. Possibly telling him who to play - reports of this both at QB and OG. I don't see many backups that deserve more time. At WR? Who? At QB? Who? McElroy proved that the other day. Sanchez is totally in the sh*tter. He throws the ball like he is angry at the floor and McElroy really wasn't an improvement. That seems like GM stuff to me. He also seems to farm out the O, but on the D, plenty of guys were seeing reductions and switches in their playing time - at LB, at DB and along the line. Nobody notices that though, because he never says anything bad about the players. No, let's celebrate that fat gunt having bastard making an ass out of the team and himself.

-Well, Rex did such a great job in picking Sparano

-Where are the links that the FO forced Rex to play certain players?

-Rex was integral in choosing Sanchez as his QB. Reports are that Rex also had major play on personnel picks, with a few exceptions.

High profile /= to unknown. That hire was pretty unanimously praised.

It Told me Ravens passed on a coordinator who had more responsibilty mon. Not many ST coaches go right to HC. Yes they made right choice. I think NY will be Rexey's last HC gig, unless

an owner wants a new phat guy for his circus.

my biggest Rex is issue is on field persona reference bad play, again as per analogy below:

Parcells has told and Phil Simms has backed up on a few occasions about player fear. Tuna would say "These players have millions and get on a plane after game to fly to Caribbean with 2/3 days off. They dont really feel the pain of mistakes like other workers. The only thing I have to 'motivate' them is fear of humiliation. Humiliation on national TV. They know with me I will chew them out when the come off field after mistake in front of millions. They do NOT like that." Simms has verified that after a mistake Giants players would walk off field at 10 yd line to avoid meeting Tuna and his wrath. It works.

When was last time we saw Rex chew a player out for a mistake?? Rare, if EVER. ZERO accountability."

It Told me Ravens passed on a coordinator who had more responsibilty mon. Not many ST coaches go right to HC. Yes they made right choice. I think NY will be Rexey's last HC gig, unless

an owner wants a new phat guy for his circus.

Harbaugh was not your typical ST coach. He was diverse enough to become a DB coach in his last year with the Eagles, he was the son of a coach, a former player for The U...He and his brother were amongst the most well respected and highly touted young coaches in the game before landing their HC gigs.

Archived