Back to Back Non-Winning Seasons for the First Time Since Kotite

Gen X Jet

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not allowed to miss that badly on the 6th pick in the draft. Same reason why Tannenbaum is gone. Sanchez (5th pick).

Particularly under the old CBA when top 10 picks were so costly against the cap.

So back then Mangini drafted - but now Tannenbaum does?

Btw he also drafted Revis, Mangold, DBrick, Keller, Brad Smith, D Harris. Those are just off the top of my head.

Mangini would have had to have gotten a QB too. I know it would not have been Sanchez though since he traded him to the Jets. I guess Mangini did get last laugh.

Considering sanche was Rex's pick, I'd say Rex's mistake was far worse.

Sure. Except that this entire debate is ridiculous, since Tannenbaum ultimately was the man who pulled the trigger on both Gholston AND Sanchez. And now he's gone. Ding dong the witch is dead.

Let's see who the new GM is. If he decides to go in a different direction than Rex, I won't have a problem with it. But this idea that Rex picked the groceries and is somehow worse than Kottite is going too far.

Rex Ryan is the Mark Sanchez of HC's, same record and all

That's actually not true. Funny thing is, up until last week Rex was actually undefeated when Sanchez wasn't his QB, picking up wins over the Bucs in 2009 with Clemens, Bills in 2010 with Brunell, and you could really even cite the win over Arizona this year considering the Jets were losing when Sanchez's sorry ass was thrown to the bench.

Both can't be true. You don't win 4 road playoff games with the worst QB in the league and a HC who's worse than Kotite. Even Parcells only had success when Vinny Testaverde was at his best. Same with Herm and Pennington. We've never had anywhere close to good QB play with Sanchez in there.

bill parcells won a superbowl with jeff hostetler....sure he had to pray for a missed field goal but still......

Sure. Except that this entire debate is ridiculous, since Tannenbaum ultimately was the man who pulled the trigger on both Gholston AND Sanchez. And now he's gone. Ding dong the witch is dead.

Let's see who the new GM is. If he decides to go in a different direction than Rex, I won't have a problem with it. But this idea that Rex picked the groceries and is somehow worse than Kottite is going too far.

Great, now Rex has full control, 4-12 here we come

That's actually not true. Funny thing is, up until last week Rex was actually undefeated when Sanchez wasn't his QB, picking up wins over the Bucs in 2009 with Clemens, Bills in 2010 with Brunell, and you could really even cite the win over Arizona this year considering the Jets were losing when Sanchez's sorry ass was thrown to the bench.

Ok,

So Rex is two games better as a

hC than Sanchez is as a QB!

5 year extension for Rex!

Today's loss shows they learned something from Mangini. His biggest mistake by far was trying to salvage '07...Even I don't buy Rex is as bad as Kotite.

You guys do realize that Rich Kotite had more regular season wins in his first 4 years in Phili than Rex has with the Jets, right?

LOL!

What a sorry bunch of QB's Rex was saddled with. Rex is closer to the greatest coach of all time than he is to Rich Kottite.

Oh really? Rex swung that deal? That swindler!

Again, I know I sound like a broken record here - but research it. Rex went with Tannenbaum to Sanchez's pro day and said "we need to have this guy" Then Tannenbaum traded for him. It is well documented.

You think this is the floor? lol

Kotite was a head coach for 4 years and was never worse than 7-9 before coming to the Jets. This isnt the floor dude.

A top defense always prevents a team from falling off the cliff that much. And we'll never have as bad of QB play as we had with Sanchez.

Again, I know I sound like a broken record here - but research it. Rex went with Tannenbaum to Sanchez's pro day and said "we need to have this guy" Then Tannenbaum traded for him. It is well documented.

Exactly,

Tanny and Badway wanted Freeman, Rex won and we lost

I'm on board with this story. But you're acting like Rex makes all the personnel decisions, as if Tannenbaum and the scouting dept had nothing to do with it. That's their JOB.

I'm on board with this story. But you're acting like Rex makes all the personnel decisions, as if Tannenbaum and the scouting dept had nothing to do with it. That's their JOB.

Parcells instilled int he franchise that the coach has to pick the groceries, and ever since he got here, the coach has

Both can't be true. You don't win 4 road playoff games with the worst QB in the league and a HC who's worse than Kotite. Even Parcells only had success when Vinny Testaverde was at his best. Same with Herm and Pennington. We've never had anywhere close to good QB play with Sanchez in there.

This is spot on. Someone has to take the blame for the 2 deep playoff runs.

Sanchez is automatically out of the discussion for being absolutely pathetic, way above and way beyond both Rex and Mike T.

So that leaves Rex and Mike T.

We know we have the wost QB in the league. Now, luck or not, you can't have 2 back to back playoff runs with a bad QB, bad head coach and bad GM. One of these guys was doing his job pretty damn well.

I will say this with confidence, if Mangini was still here, the team would much better than it is now.

Mangini was boring as fk, but he had a good plan and had a good eye for talent.

He would have needed good coordinators, and wanted to fire Schitty, but even Parcells needed good coordinators.

They would have been better off with Mangink than Rex.

Yeah mangini is a great coach... Too bad ESPN stole him.

This is spot on. Someone has to take the blame for the 2 deep playoff runs.

Sanchez is automatically out of the discussion for being absolutely pathetic, way above and way beyond both Rex and Mike T.

So that leaves Rex and Mike T.

We know we have the wost QB in the league. Now, luck or not, you can't have 2 back to back playoff runs with a bad QB, bad head coach and bad GM. One of these guys was doing his job pretty damn well.

Please,

Sanche had very good playoff games in 2010, he carries Rex's sorry ass, he bailed

Out the overrated d in Indy in 2010.

Rex

Sucks as a

hC,

He's a DC, nothing mote

Rex Ryan is the Mark Sanchez of HC's, same record and all

LOL.

That's freakin preposterous.

Jets record under Rex is 38-32, including the playoff games.

Sanchez is not a 38-32 QB. If you really believe that, you're losing your marbles.

Rex is a 45-25 coach with a 20-50 QB.

Now, Rex bears the blame for believing in Sanchez. That was a terrible mistake on his part. But don't you dare compare Rex with Sanchez.

LOL.

Sanchez is not a 38-32 QB. If you really believe that, you're losing your marbles.

I was mistaken, bleeding took time out from servicing romo and Rex to correct me, Rex is two games better as a HC than Sanchez is as a QB, sorry, thanks Bleeding, now get

Back to your business

LOL.

Now, Rex bears the blame for believing in Sanchez. That was a terrible mistake on his part. But don't you dare compare Rex with Sanchez.

We have a saying in my country - the coyote of the desert likes to eat the heart of the young and the blood drips down to his children for breakfast, lunch and dinner and only the ribs will be broken...

Please,

Sanche had very good playoff games in 2010, he carries Rex's sorry ass, he bailed

Out the overrated d in Indy in 2010.

Rex

Sucks as a

hC,

He's a DC, nothing mote

Sweet merciful crap. I don't care how much you hate Rex, you can't possibly believe this nearly illegible heaping pile of horse sh*t can you?

A 17-16 victory over a team featuring the NFL's GOAT QB qualifies as a defense getting "bailed out" by a QB who threw for under 200 yards and 0 TDs? And remind me about the "very good playoff game" Sanchez had against the Steelers, when the Jets lost by 5 in a game where Sanchez handed the Steelers 7 all by himself while putting up 3 points in the first half.

Even if Rex were the worst head coach in the history of all professional sports, everything you wrote is still complete and utter nonsense.

With the chance to save Rex's job on the line, the Jets players lost their last three games by a combined score of 69-36 to teams that quit playing hard a month ago. If you bring Rex back, you're guaranteeing yourself an apocalyptic season that will make this one look like a championship run. He will have a defense one year further in decline, he'll be trying to lean on a new offensive coordinator, and, worse, he'll have Sanchez back as the starter if only because he has no better options. It will be a lost year, a wasted season, and easily the most embarrassing one since Kotite's 1-15. You have to fire him.

Archived