Dodgeball Mafia - Game Over

Nolder

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what did you guys think? There are a few things I would change if I could do it all over again like having a Vig in a small game with mechanics that led to unexpected deaths. But overall I was happy with it. Any feedback would be appreciated.

It was one of the most fun games I've played in a while.

And I'll be honest, I chose Wombat because that's who the town wanted. At that point, I didn't think it was the right shot. But Verb was all me. lol

Oh and to be clear, Lily was what I called a Conditional Vig

Meaning she could only shoot during the night if she stuck to her PR (originally 5 posts but changed to 3 posts the first night) during the day

I was so pissed at you slats lol. Once I thought about it more, some things clicked and I'm sure there are some others that I missed. Idk I can't usually read you very well so maybe that didn't help. Also, you played the role very differently from how I do.

I was so pissed at you slats lol. Once I thought about it more, some things clicked and I'm sure there are some others that I missed. Idk I can't usually read you very well so maybe that didn't help. Also, you played the role very differently from how I do.

Like I said, I never had the role before. Tried to signal to you. Voted you all day one, then never really mentioned you again. Voted Verbal D2, then went on to ignore him. Only reason I didn't do the same with Ishy was Ishy's low post count. Afraid I'd lead a lynch by accident.

I didn't understand why you guys didn't kill Pac sooner. Good call at the end, though. :)

N2 I was pretty sure JiF was a Dreamer which is a super powerful investigative role so I really wanted him dead more than Pac. I also was holding out some hope of confusing a vig into shooting Pac. We probably should have killed Pac N3 but we ended up overthinking it in our attempts to deal with the vig and the possibility of a cop. Obviously we were right to be worried ablut the vig, but we didn't key in on Lily until she had taken two of us down.

I actually don't really signal much as a symp. It's too unreliable and risky imo. Slats' signaling just seemed to me like odd tunneling to me. I was actually kind of annoyed at how he was bringing up Verbal but never thought of it as a signal. I prefer to just push a scummy agenda and run interference for the scum as a symp. At the very least, that works towards scum goals and keeps you from being nightkilled as the scum see your apparent incompetence as a good thing to keep around.

uhh... yeah.

so the things I did like:

- the percentages surrounding the hammer vote etc

the things I didn't like:

- there were 4 scum and a vig in a 12 man game LOL

- for some reason I couldn't protect myself

- lily died with 1 vote

- town totally outplayed scum and still lost

but was still fun.. thanks.

The setup probably shouldn't have had the symp imo but then again we accidentally shot him anyways so it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Pac being a sore loser as usual. Lily was the only reason town was in this game. JiF and Pac played their roles like garbage.

FTR as far as just general numbers go it was balanced as far as I'm concerned

I usually try to aim for 30% scum

Sometimes I drop down to 25% but it's usually 30%

3.5/12 is something like 29% and change

I say 3.5 because unless a symp has special powers like the ability to be recruited to full mafia I consider it half a scum

edit: Also like I said if I could go back and change things I'd probably take the Vig out entirely or maybe just make it one shot. Also also the reason you couldn't protect yourself Pac is because I'm a bit tired of lazy doc plays. I like the WIFOM a doc can create for the mafia and I was hoping maybe I could see some epic saves this game. I didn't want to just watch you self protect all game. What sucked was the one time you should have made a save you got roleblocked.

I usually favor lower numbers of scum than most. 25% is just a rule of thumb and isn't always even close to accurate depending on game size and roles.

I liked the vig but think you should have made the game larger to counter its swinginess. That being said, Lily played about as pro-town as a vig can so it wasn't an issue this time.

And I agree with you on lazy doc play. Self protection is often a crutch and I have come to dislike it in most cases. That being said, it does make for cool endgame scenarios sometimes when otherwise the doc would be autokilled. I think some sort of middle ground limit on self protection like not being able to do it on consecutive nights might be a good idea.

Also, I wouldn't say that Pac "should" have gotten a save. He was the one who decided to counterclaim me despite the possibility of a scum roleblocker and therefore deserved any roleblockings that came his way.

The setup probably shouldn't have had the symp imo but then again we accidentally shot him anyways so it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Pac being a sore loser as usual. Lily was the only reason town was in this game. JiF and Pac played their roles like garbage.

Lily played well but she also took some advice as well...

Wombat and Verb are looking suspicious.

They know I've been playing this game for years.. they know I'm incredibly intelligent and one of the best out there.. they know that as scum I wouldn't be jumping around w/o explanations.

They have fallen victim to my FOS trap and are firmly entrenched until otherwise noted.

Leelou should die because she should die.

If I have to vote who I think may be scum I'll go with Wombat... plenty of time.

and I played my role quite well thank you very much.. destroyed you with ease and protected our Watcher that same night.

giving you a RBer was way too much... Without it we thump your team quite easily.

I really don't feel like we lost...

I usually favor lower numbers of scum than most. 25% is just a rule of thumb and isn't always even close to accurate depending on game size and roles.

I liked the vig but think you should have made the game larger to counter its swinginess. That being said, Lily played about as pro-town as a vig can so it wasn't an issue this time.

And I agree with you on lazy doc play. Self protection is often a crutch and I have come to dislike it in most cases. That being said, it does make for cool endgame scenarios sometimes when otherwise the doc would be autokilled. I think some sort of middle ground limit on self protection like not being able to do it on consecutive nights might be a good idea.

Also, I wouldn't say that Pac "should" have gotten a save. He was the one who decided to counterclaim me despite the possibility of a scum roleblocker and therefore deserved any roleblockings that came his way.

self righteous rubbish.. you've cornered the market on that.

Pac, I can't believe you are trying to take credit for my shots. At that point, I wasn't even believing you. Seriously?

You already said you went with the town in shooting Wombat... and not for nothing but we kinda had already lynched him but town died anyway.

I'm taking credit for my own play which was quite good.. again.

How'd that protection from a roleblocked doc work out for JiF, Pac?

You can delude yourself all you want. Doesn't change the fact that you lost and I won.

I think I might have to sit this next one out, SMC. My computer needs repair I think. Been posting from my phone the whole day.

oh yeah.. giving them a RBer too lol..

Was the Vig too much or was the Roleblocker too much? You can't really have it both ways.

Unless you're just saying the game is really swingy, which is fine, but in that case even if everyone was vanilla there was a lot that could be left to pure luck just with the mechanics of lynching.

Lily played a great game for the town, the rest of the town not so much. Lol.

Love the fact that Lily had to adhere to her post restriction during the day to get her shot at night. Very nice touch. I also found the lynch percentages to be a fun change of pace. A lot of variables for a small game, and that made it fun.

Archived