If we cut Sanchez June 1st?

neckdemon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inaccuracy is inaccuracy. I don't think it can be cured. It is really just a matter of having poor timing. Now you may not be a klutz, but at the pro level, being just a quarter beat behind can be fatal. As for ball security, I don't get it. You are in a pocket, surrounded by these elephants with bad breath closing in on you. How hard is it to remember to keep both hands on the ball until you throw? Vision, i think, is just how much you are afraid of being hit. How much of a look do you want to take.

Sanchez has NOTHING that makes him a good QB.

1) He's wildly inaccurate. Short throws, intermediate throws, deep throws.....he can't make any of them. When he does make a nice one, it almost seems by chance. This is the mark of a bad QB. And his numbers play that out.

2) He's a slow processer. He drops back to pass and waits. Waits. Waits some more. The best QB's in the league find openings that don't appear to be there. Sanchez has to wait until a guy is wide open to make the throw, because he lacks that confidence.

3) He's a poor leader. Sure, being saddled with Plaxico Burress and Santonio last year put him behind the 8-ball, but if he'd played better, no chance the two of them blow up the lockerroom last year. Santonio and Braylon got along just fine in 2010 when the team was winning. He has no ability to take control of the huddle, because none of his teammates trust him. He wipes boogers on Mark Brunell when he should be taking things seriously, and mopes on the bench when things go poorly.

4) He's a turnover machine. He's had 52 turnovers in the last 2 seasons. When he gets sacked, there's about a 1 in 3 chance that he's going to fumble it to the other team. Sometimes in incredibly embarrassing fashion (See: Buttfumble.). Not to mention, he throws picks that turn into TD's. If you're constantly giving points to the other team, you'd better be a helluva gunslinger like Brett Favre with the ability to put points right back on the board. He can't.

5) He's dependent on everyone else. Why do excuses constantly get made for this guy? Because we've seen this team have success despite him being the QB. When we had a top 5 running game, top 5 defense, and top 5 pass protection, of course the team was going to win, even with a QB ranked around 27th in the league. The minute those great things around him go away, he crumbled, and it was not surprising. Elite QB's elevate the play of everyone around them, despite their circumstances. Losers like Sanchez can't handle the pressure of being "the guy".

Mark Sanchez was a top 5 pick and has been in the league for 4 years. He was the 7th-highest paid QB in the league this season. There's absolutely zero reason to feel sorry for the guy or prop him up. Its also time that 100 % of us unite on the one fact that this kid is DONE and move on.

The sooner he's off the team, the better. Removing the distraction and any possibility he sees the field is paramount, especially if we really are keeping Rex around.

An elite QB would suffer in this offense, lack of running game, predictable play calling and zero playmakers. Theses are the main reasons Sanchez has gotten worse.

Elite QB's don't suffer in any offense. Look at the heaping piles of sh*t Brady was surrounded by for years while he was busy winning Super Bowls. Manning has routinely guys who were nothing before that and continued to be nothing throughout the remainder of their careers look like Pro Bowlers while playing with him. Even if I concede that those may be the reasons Sanchez has gotten worse, they are by no means the reasons that Sanchez was awful to begin with. The fact that he has shown himself completely incapable of handling the most important of a QB's responsibilities is no fault but his own. It doesn't matter if the players he is throwing to are 6-5 All Pros or 5-8 UDFAs, he still needs to be able to find the open man and he still needs to be able to accurately thrown the ball to them. Sanchez has shown absolutely no ability to do either of those at a level anywhere close to what qualifies as acceptable for an NFL starting QB.

Not to mention, there's absolutely none of these excuses that can do a damn thing to explain away Sanchez's league-worst turnover rate. That's 100% on him, and there's no way around that.

Elite QB's don't suffer in any offense. Look at the heaping piles of sh*t Brady was surrounded by for years while he was busy winning Super Bowls. Manning has routinely guys who were nothing before that and continued to be nothing throughout the remainder of their careers look like Pro Bowlers while playing with him. Even if I concede that those may be the reasons Sanchez has gotten worse, they are by no means the reasons that Sanchez was awful to begin with. The fact that he has shown himself completely incapable of handling the most important of a QB's responsibilities is no fault but his own. It doesn't matter if the players he is throwing to are 6-5 All Pros or 5-8 UDFAs, he still needs to be able to find the open man and he still needs to be able to accurately thrown the ball to them. Sanchez has shown absolutely no ability to do either of those at a level anywhere close to what qualifies as acceptable for an NFL starting QB.

Not to mention, there's absolutely none of these excuses that can do a damn thing to explain away Sanchez's league-worst turnover rate. That's 100% on him, and there's no way around that.

I feel nacious when reading elite and Sanchez in the same sentance. He will be done in this league as soon as his contract is up. Thanks Tanny for letting us pay for this useless mamas boy a while longer.

Sanchez has NOTHING that makes him a good QB.

1) He's wildly inaccurate. Short throws, intermediate throws, deep throws.....he can't make any of them. When he does make a nice one, it almost seems by chance. This is the mark of a bad QB. And his numbers play that out.

2) He's a slow processer. He drops back to pass and waits. Waits. Waits some more. The best QB's in the league find openings that don't appear to be there. Sanchez has to wait until a guy is wide open to make the throw, because he lacks that confidence.

3) He's a poor leader. Sure, being saddled with Plaxico Burress and Santonio last year put him behind the 8-ball, but if he'd played better, no chance the two of them blow up the lockerroom last year. Santonio and Braylon got along just fine in 2010 when the team was winning. He has no ability to take control of the huddle, because none of his teammates trust him. He wipes boogers on Mark Brunell when he should be taking things seriously, and mopes on the bench when things go poorly.

4) He's a turnover machine. He's had 52 turnovers in the last 2 seasons. When he gets sacked, there's about a 1 in 3 chance that he's going to fumble it to the other team. Sometimes in incredibly embarrassing fashion (See: Buttfumble.). Not to mention, he throws picks that turn into TD's. If you're constantly giving points to the other team, you'd better be a helluva gunslinger like Brett Favre with the ability to put points right back on the board. He can't.

5) He's dependent on everyone else. Why do excuses constantly get made for this guy? Because we've seen this team have success despite him being the QB. When we had a top 5 running game, top 5 defense, and top 5 pass protection, of course the team was going to win, even with a QB ranked around 27th in the league. The minute those great things around him go away, he crumbled, and it was not surprising. Elite QB's elevate the play of everyone around them, despite their circumstances. Losers like Sanchez can't handle the pressure of being "the guy".

Mark Sanchez was a top 5 pick and has been in the league for 4 years. He was the 7th-highest paid QB in the league this season. There's absolutely zero reason to feel sorry for the guy or prop him up. Its also time that 100 % of us unite on the one fact that this kid is DONE and move on.

The sooner he's off the team, the better. Removing the distraction and any possibility he sees the field is paramount, especially if we really are keeping Rex around.

tl;dr

I feel nacious when reading elite and Sanchez in the same sentance. He will be done in this league as soon as his contract is up. Thanks Tanny for letting us pay for this useless mamas boy a while longer.

Nah, Matt Leinart still has a job. If Sanchez is will to take a massive cut in pay, he'll linger for years.

I really wouldn't be surprised if the Jets managed to trade him. Someone out there thinks they can fix Sanchez, guaranteed.

Nah, Matt Leinart still has a job. If Sanchez is will to take a massive cut in pay, he'll linger for years.

I really wouldn't be surprised if the Jets managed to trade him. Someone out there thinks they can fix Sanchez, guaranteed.

Fix to what? I decent back up? Anyone that has a choice isnt rolling that bum out there to give away a Football game.

Fix to what? I decent back up? Anyone that has a choice isnt rolling that bum out there to give away a Football game.

His first two years in the league, he performed well in the playoffs. He has regressed to absolutely terrible, but there are definitely people in the league who look at what the Jets did in their alleged attempt to develop him, and believe they can do a lot better.

His first two years in the league, he performed well in the playoffs. He has regressed to absolutely terrible, but there are definitely people in the league who look at what the Jets did in their alleged attempt to develop him, and believe they can do a lot better.

Then that person has a death wish and doesnt want their job. Maybe a back up, but if you want to win, your choice isnt Sanchez.

Has anyone told Schotty that he´s available for a trade? I understand there is a depth of crap out there but I ain´t sure Sanchez understand that he is a part of that. And when he does, he will surely not be interested to take a dramastic cut. He will sit out his contract with us and then go back to cali.

Hard to run the ball and block when nobody fears the pass. Hard to catch a ball 4 yards over your head and behind you. Hard to block for a guy who just ran into your ass. Hard to be an OC when your QB can;t pass, can;t hold onto the ball and quits on you.

I guess that's why Green Bay rushes the ball so well.

I guess that's why Green Bay rushes the ball so well.

They don;t have to run well they have an awesome QB. Having a guy like Sanchez makes it necessary to be great almost every other position to obtain mediocrity. Aaron Rodgers was a Jet we would have one of those two ACF championship games and maybe even the Superbowl.

Then that person has a death wish and doesnt want their job. Maybe a back up, but if you want to win, your choice isnt Sanchez.

What type of experience do you have that's makes you soooo certain? Hatred isn't the same as knowledge.

They don;t have to run well they have an awesome QB. Having a guy like Sanchez makes it necessary to be great almost every other position to obtain mediocrity. Aaron Rodgers was a Jet we would have one of those two ACF championship games and maybe even the Superbowl.

Rodgers is the exception to every argument. What coaching staff uses the pass to set up the run? You have the cart before the horse to try to prove a point.

Rodgers is the exception to every argument. What coaching staff uses the pass to set up the run? You have the cart before the horse to try to prove a point.

You have lost the point. The point is Sanchez would make ANY team he is on worse. That;s it. Happens to be the Jets for now. Let's hope it ends soon.

What type of experience do you have that's makes you soooo certain? Hatred isn't the same as knowledge.

I've watched Mark Sanchez play Football.

lulz

If you're a HC and you want to win and care about your job/team - are you bringing in Mark Sanchez to lead your team?

Thats a revisionist history. That Chargers game, they won 17-14 and Greene had that monster run to score. I wouldn't say Sanchez played well, he just didn't stink up the joint.

Here is Sanchez's post season stats.

vs Bengals 12-15 182 yards, 1 TD 0 picks... Nobody would say this was a great game. Good completion percentage, but thats it

vs Chargers 12-23 100 Yards 1 TD 1 Pick WHo the hell would ever call this a good game ?

vs Colts 17-30 287 Yards 2 TDs 1 Pick Probably Sanchez's best game. in a loss.

vs Colts 18-31 189 Yards 0 TDs 1 Pick Not a good game at all

vs Patriots 16-25 194 Yards 3 TDs 0 Picks Probably Sanchez's best playoff game

vs Steelers 20-33 233 Yards 2 TDs 0 Picks He played well, but he stunk in the first half as did the entire Jets team.

So in six playoff games, Sanchez passed for more than 200 yards Twice. His second season was better than the first, but he wasn't good against the Colts. The Patriots game was probably the best game the entire Jets team played in the Rex Ryan era. And against the Steelers, it was one of those, prevent defense crap that teams always seem to do when they have a big lead. The Jets stunk for most of that game. I don't blame Sanchez for that loss, but he wasn't really lighting it up in the first half either.

The truth is, Sanchez never showed signs that he was an elite QB. He showed signs of improving at the end of the 2nd year, but that was over two years ago. Last year he stunk. The Jets stunk. This year it was even worse. Sanchez seemed to have a Chuck Knoblauch moment, except he was never that good. Sanchez will never be a QB who leads his team to a super bowl victory. He needs a good to great defense, a good to great running game, and a few lucky breaks. But that was a couple seasons ago. Right now his confidence is shot, his mechanics suck and even on a bad offense, he looked lost.

Good QBs make plays on bad teams. They might still lose, but you can tell they have something. Sanchez never had a breakout year. He never was a QB teams would fear. But he was learning. He was getting experience. And he played a lot better in the second postseason compared to the first. But then it all fell apart. He's gotten worse. Call it bad coaching, mental issues, etc but whatever it is, he doesnt' look like a kid who can be a QB in the NFL. As bad as Tim Tebow is as a QB, at least the kid is a leader. Sanchez isn't even that. And if you're not a leader, it's hard to be a QB that actually wins in the NFL.

Really? Lots of them do. Off the top of my head...

Atlanta

Denver

New Orleans

Green Bay

New England

Pittsburgh

Indianapolis

Detroit

Dallas

Philadelphia

Arizona used to when their offense was deadly with Warner at QB

None of these offenses use a strategy of run-run-run to bring the defense in close in an effort to make them more susceptible to the pass later on.

I would ask you to name the top-ranked offenses that you think use the run to set up the pass the way it's required if the lowly Mark Sanchez is your QB. Only one I can think of is Washington and they have a unique QB who runs on pass plays.

Thats a revisionist history. That Chargers game, they won 17-14 and Greene had that monster run to score. I wouldn't say Sanchez played well, he just didn't stink up the joint.

Here is Sanchez's post season stats.

vs Bengals 12-15 182 yards, 1 TD 0 picks... Nobody would say this was a great game. Good completion percentage, but thats it

vs Chargers 12-23 100 Yards 1 TD 1 Pick WHo the hell would ever call this a good game ?

vs Colts 17-30 287 Yards 2 TDs 1 Pick Probably Sanchez's best game. in a loss.

vs Colts 18-31 189 Yards 0 TDs 1 Pick Not a good game at all

vs Patriots 16-25 194 Yards 3 TDs 0 Picks Probably Sanchez's best playoff game

vs Steelers 20-33 233 Yards 2 TDs 0 Picks He played well, but he stunk in the first half as did the entire Jets team.

So in six playoff games, Sanchez passed for more than 200 yards Twice. His second season was better than the first, but he wasn't good against the Colts. The Patriots game was probably the best game the entire Jets team played in the Rex Ryan era. And against the Steelers, it was one of those, prevent defense crap that teams always seem to do when they have a big lead. The Jets stunk for most of that game. I don't blame Sanchez for that loss, but he wasn't really lighting it up in the first half either.

The truth is, Sanchez never showed signs that he was an elite QB. He showed signs of improving at the end of the 2nd year, but that was over two years ago. Last year he stunk. The Jets stunk. This year it was even worse. Sanchez seemed to have a Chuck Knoblauch moment, except he was never that good. Sanchez will never be a QB who leads his team to a super bowl victory. He needs a good to great defense, a good to great running game, and a few lucky breaks. But that was a couple seasons ago. Right now his confidence is shot, his mechanics suck and even on a bad offense, he looked lost.

Good QBs make plays on bad teams. They might still lose, but you can tell they have something. Sanchez never had a breakout year. He never was a QB teams would fear. But he was learning. He was getting experience. And he played a lot better in the second postseason compared to the first. But then it all fell apart. He's gotten worse. Call it bad coaching, mental issues, etc but whatever it is, he doesnt' look like a kid who can be a QB in the NFL. As bad as Tim Tebow is as a QB, at least the kid is a leader. Sanchez isn't even that. And if you're not a leader, it's hard to be a QB that actually wins in the NFL.

tl;dr... because it doesn't matter at all.

Sanchez will get another shot -probably a couple more shots- once he leaves the Jets. There are definitely coaches out there who think they can do a much better job with him than the Jets did. No doubt in my mind.

Agree here. Offensive coaches are egotistical to the grave. Guaranteed there are a handful of them that think they can make any quarterback better just by sheer force of their own coaching greatness. Not unlike pitching coaches.

Archived