Cimini, Schefter, AP: Rex wants Norv

Darth Vader

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8807346/norv-turner-rex-ryan-short-list-new-york-jets-offensive-coordinator-candidates-according-sources

NEW YORK -- Though no official decision has been made on New York Jets offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, sources told ESPNNewYork.com that Rex Ryan wants to bring in a new coordinator, and former San Diego Chargers coach Norv Turner is said to be on his short list.

While many fans and media have speculated that Sparano will be fired after one season with the Jets, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press the Jets have not made a decision on the status of Sparano. The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss the status of the coaching staff.

Sources previously told ESPN's Adam Schefter the Jets do not plan to bring back Sparano. The Jets' offense struggled mightily this season, finishing 30th.

The team is looking for a new general manager after owner Woody Johnson fired Mike Tannenbaum on Monday.

Information from ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and The Associated Press was used in this report.

how have they not made a decision on Sparano? I made my decision on Sparano when, after Mark Sanchez finally completed two passes in a row, they pulled him for Tebow to run from 6 yards behind the line and lose yards.

List? Rex has a list? Eff him and the horse he rode in on. Whoever the new GM turns out to be should take that list and shove it up his azz.

2 strawberry daquiris, 4 hits on 16, 2 lobsters, a ride on the banana boat, 10 toes. Oh, yeah, he's got a list!

The man, by not be here, again shows himslef to be an overgrown child. Woody is the overindulgent paren who nevere says no. If he is going to be the coach, why isn;t he in Florham Park instead of Atlantis? Wehn you think this franchise cannot debase itself any more they somehow manage to go even lower. And why would Turner sign up for this treaveling circus and a HC on a 1-year deal along with trying to make chicken salad out fo El Sh!tbox?

Let me get this straight, first we read an article that if Rex doesn't address the media by Friday the Jets will be in violation of league rules and further, Rex isn't even in New Jersey.

Now, both Cimini and Schefter are citing "sources" that tell them that Norv Turner is on Rex's shortlist for the OC job that technically isn't open as Sparano hasn't been fired yet.

Anyone get the feeling that Cimini and Schefter are each other's "sources" for this information?

Let me get this straight, first we read an article that if Rex doesn't address the media by Friday the Jets will be in violation of league rules and further, Rex isn't even in New Jersey.

Now, both Cimini and Schefter are citing "sources" that tell them that Norv Turner is on Rex's shortlist for the OC job that technically isn't open as Sparano hasn't been fired yet.

Anyone get the feeling that Cimini and Schefter are each other's "sources" for this information?

8 years ago Rex probably commented the Norv had a nice ass.

Note to Woody: Please find the source who can never seem to STFU and fire them immediately. These leaks are mind boggling. On a related note, the Chargers offense has been a well oiled machine for the past couple of years, so yes of course bring in Turner to work his magic here :blowup:

Didn´t Rex make a negative comment about Norv this season? Seems like I remember that. Norv can go to Dallas, Why would he want to come Ny withour QB situation? Now if the new GM could bring him here with him, I would be all for that, as long as we find a QB

Note to Woody: Please find the source who can never seem to STFU and fire them immediately. These leaks are mind boggling. On a related note, the Chargers offense has been a well oiled machine for the past couple of years, so yes of course bring in Turner to work his magic here :blowup:

Its probably some Admin that a high level guy is bangin. Pillowtalk 101

Didn´t Rex make a negative comment about Norv this season? Seems like I remember that. Norv can go to Dallas, Why would he want to come Ny withour QB situation? Now if the new GM could bring him here with him, I would be all for that, as long as we find a QB

Last year. He said, he'd have won multiple SB's with all the talent Norv had in San Diego.

Thats why this will happen. Jets fashion baby!

Sources down here in Texas are reporting Norv will return to the Cowboys as the OC under Garrett...who many (Jerry Jones included) feel is overwhelmed as the HC who still retains play calling responsibilities...have to think sports reporters nationwide make up this sh*t so they can get paid.

2 strawberry daquiris, 4 hits on 16, 2 lobsters, a ride on the banana boat, 10 toes. Oh, yeah, he's got a list!

The man, by not be here, again shows himslef to be an overgrown child. Woody is the overindulgent paren who nevere says no. If he is going to be the coach, why isn;t he in Florham Park instead of Atlantis? Wehn you think this franchise cannot debase itself any more they somehow manage to go even lower. And why would Turner sign up for this treaveling circus and a HC on a 1-year deal along with trying to make chicken salad out fo El Sh!tbox?

He definitely choked us with his dust getting out of town. He probably left for the Bahamas straight from the stadium.

f

He would want to come to NY for the same reason I don't want him here. Because Rex is on thin ice and he might see himself as the HC-apparent if/when Rex gets canned.

The other reason I don't want him here is he shares Sparano's love for endlessly running his RBs up the gut for no gain even if powering up the gut into DTs isn't the RB's game (LT, Sproles). Read online from Chargers fans how much they loved Norv on offense. I'm sure he'll grade out better than Jets fans' love for Sparano (or Schottenheimer), but that's not saying much.

He'll be our HC within 1-2 years is the #1 reason why I don't want Norv as our OC. And because he's a loser.

f

He would want to come to NY for the same reason I don't want him here. Because Rex is on thin ice and he might see himself as the HC-apparent if/when Rex gets canned.

The other reason I don't want him here is he shares Sparano's love for endlessly running his RBs up the gut for no gain even if powering up the gut into DTs isn't the RB's game (LT, Sproles). Read online from Chargers fans how much they loved Norv on offense. I'm sure he'll grade out better than Jets fans' love for Sparano (or Schottenheimer), but that's not saying much.

He'll be our HC within 1-2 years is the #1 reason why I don't want Norv as our OC. And because he's a loser.

I really don't understand the running up the middle thing. Invariably you are running right at some 350/375 beast who doesn;t have to do much to stop the play. Yes, run right at Ngata or Wilfork 15 times every Sunday and be shocked when you get nothing. In contrast if you go off tackle or to the left or right said fat ass becomes way less effective moving laterally. And yet it's as if these OCs give up numerous plays every game to "establish the run" like that means anything.

Agreed with the main point; we should not be promising anyone they will be the HC when Ryan takes a walk next January. Keeps coming back that we are about to waste another year to establish REx Ryan is not HC material. And at the same time no decent OC os going to come here to be a lame duck; they will have to either get money, multiyears or promises of getting the HC gig. We should be getting the coach of the future right now instead of this charade.

I hope Ryan chokes on a silly straw. This is a joke.

Archived