This Cannot Be Possible, Right?

Il Mostro

Logically speaking, Sporano is part of the staff right now. Keeping him on, as well as all coaches under contract, comes with minimal risk and affords the new GM dibs on any of those coaches should he want them for the staff he builds.

Sporano might be demoted to OL coach under a new regime, you never know, they may have a spot for him. Anyone thinking guys would rather be fired than retained in different role are unrealistic. There are only so many jobs to be had, Sporano is unhireable as an OC after this year... he knows it, everyone does, he may be happy to stay on as line coach versus no gig at all.

Logically speaking, Sporano is part of the staff right now. Keeping him on, as well as all coaches under contract, comes with minimal risk and affords the new GM dibs on any of those coaches should he want them for the staff he builds.

Sporano might be demoted to OL coach under a new regime, you never know, they may have a spot for him. Anyone thinking guys would rather be fired than retained in different role are unrealistic. There are only so many jobs to be had, Sporano is unhireable as an OC after this year... he knows it, everyone does, he may be happy to stay on as line coach versus no gig at all.

Agree with this. I've been saying from the beginning of all of this, once Tanny was fired, there's been absolutely no motivation whatsoever to make any moves regarding anyone on the coaching staff or in the front office. You wait until you find yourself a new GM and let him make the decisions. You aren't going to start hiring other positions before the new GM is in place anyway, so it's not like who they get to fill those positions will change based upon when they fire Sparano or any of these guys. Firing these guys now doesn't do any good and only reduces the number of options you're giving your GM, as opposed to letting him make the decision any way he likes.

As far as your point about possibly demoting him, Jets fans should know that is a real possibility as well as anyone, considering what we've seen go on with Bob Sutton. He has lasted through 13 seasons, working for 4 different Jets HC's and in that process seen his job under each of them change, having gone from LB coach up to DC, then back down to LB coach, before then getting the Assistant HC title this year after Callahan left. No reason for the Jets to get ahead of themselves with anything until their current top priority is taken care of and can be included in on any decision making. Truth be told, the fact that nothing is being done actually makes me feel reassured that the GM is going to have a real say in what goes on with this coaching staff this year.

http://sports.yahoo....12201--nfl.html

Per AP, "No Decision Yet On Jets OC Sparano" This has to be the product of a slow news day. Even the slightest chance of him staying on gives me The Fear.

well... has he been fired yet or any word of him staying? No. So therefore no decision has been made. Basically this is a worthless article.

Wait for the next article... no decision has been made on Sanchez and Tebow yet!

well... has he been fired yet or any word of him staying? No. So therefore no decision has been made. Basically this is a worthless article.

Wait for the next article... no decision has been made on Sanchez and Tebow yet!

Are you saying that we're not supposed to be outraged about this article? I really need lessons on when to be and when not to be outraged by articles.

I agree completely. If anything, to me, the fact that Sparano is still around points to Rex getting canned. I think they are keeping all the guys they have under contract to let the new GM make a decision on them. If they had their minds made up on a staff, they'd have made a move on Sparano who by almost all accounts will be out as OC.

Well, Tebow is gone and Sanchez has been mentally gone for at least two years. If only Rex were gone. I still think it is possible. Do not hate Rex, but he has said and done things that just cannot be papered over. He has to go.

Are you saying that we're not supposed to be outraged about this article? I really need lessons on when to be and when not to be outraged by articles.

You should be outraged that this sh!t gets any attention. People need to be more aware of garbage articles that add nothing new and blast the writers for this tripe.

Well, Tebow is gone and Sanchez has been mentally gone for at least two years. If only Rex were gone. I still think it is possible. Do not hate Rex, but he has said and done things that just cannot be papered over. He has to go.

They'll all be back in 2013. Except for Tebow. He's going on a mission to Africa if the Jets dont trade him

http://sports.yahoo....12201--nfl.html

Per AP, "No Decision Yet On Jets OC Sparano" This has to be the product of a slow news day. Even the slightest chance of him staying on gives me The Fear.

Its a show of respect to the new GM, to let him or her make the calls on the staff. Nothing will happen until then expect maybe Rex after this Bahama tatoo thing. Sparano, Sanchez, Tebow, Revis, the assitant coaches, they will be in limbo until the new GM starts. The new GM will likley move quickly though, probably take less than a week to make all decisions.

Archived