Rex's Number 6 Tatoo

slowmoe57

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it a "story"? Everything is a "story" with the TMZing of the news.

I don't know how many NYers are here, but if you picked up the Daily News today, what they did is reprehensible IMO. There were two big shootings in the city last night and 3 cops were shot. The Knicks also had a big win against the Spurs. Under any normal news organization that shouldve been the front and back page stories. Instead, the News has the Rex tattoo story on BOTH the front and back page of the paper.

Ridiculous.

The media sucks. Cops shot arent important. A stupid tattoo on our coach is.

Maybe now people will wake up and realize the media is sh!t and stop reading their crap. Are we really learning anything new or important or insightful from these scuzz bags? There is better analysis on JN and thats not saying much.

Years? Then why is she Tebowing at same time? Seems rex is punking media

Yep, the Tebow thing doesn't jive with the "had it for years". Rex is done as a head coach, way too much drama, back to defensive coordinator with him.

The media sucks. Cops shot arent important. A stupid tattoo on our coach is.

Maybe now people will wake up and realize the media is sh!t and stop reading their crap. Are we really learning anything new or important or insightful from these scuzz bags? There is better analysis on JN and thats not saying much.

Which link are you clicking on?:

Three Cops Shot in Brooklyn

Or

Jets Coach Ryan Sports Tattoo of Wife in Sanchez Jersey

I admit guilt for posting the "toes" video. I find it embarrassing. But neither it nor the tattoo are why Ryan deserves to be fired. he deserves to be fired because he's lousy at his job. But the media would rather report empty-headed nonsense than break down why the Jets offense inexplicably run straight into the DT 15 times a game. It's way easier to point out our HC is a knucklehead. if he was a knucklehead who won AFC championship games we instead we see the same media revel in what a wild and crazy guy Rex Ryan is. Which again should be a lesson to Rex Ryan or any coach. The sports media writes 2 stories-you suck, are an imbecile, your team has bad chemistry and ultimately you deserve to fired because you lose. Or you are the most wonderful human being this side of Jesus Christ because you win.Wins and losses; the rest is bullsh*t and detials If you know that going in you will take the Bellicheat approach; give them the bare minimum required and go about your real business. They are mushrooms; keep them in the dark and throw sh*t at them daily.

Rex is a character. He's always been a character and he's always gonna be one. He's also a defensive savant who has built the sturdiest D i can remember as a Jets fan. I mean seriously it's the best defense for 30 years. yes the offense sucks but rex is an asset to the Jets not a cancer.

Imagine the young photographer who is hurried onto an AirTran flight and told to get pictures of a plumpy middle-aged man tanning. Not exactly Ansel Adams we're talking about here.

Kind of embarrassed for the Daily News.. that rag makes the Enquirer look like Time Magazine.

Rex is a character. He's always been a character and he's always gonna be one. He's also a defensive savant who has built the sturdiest D i can remember as a Jets fan. I mean seriously it's the best defense for 30 years. yes the offense sucks but rex is an asset to the Jets not a cancer.

Personally, I liked the Pete Carroll defenses better-When he was assistant coach.

Imagine the young photographer who is hurried onto an AirTran flight and told to get pictures of a plumpy middle-aged man tanning. Not exactly Ansel Adams we're talking about here.

Kind of embarrassed for the Daily News.. that rag makes the Enquirer look like Time Magazine.

They could have sent me down to take a picture of his fat ass for free if it ment I could be in the Bahamas instead of here.

Rex's job isn't to be the defensive coordinator. It's to be the head coach.

Head coach entails leading ALL units. That includes offense and special teams. He's responsible for all his players and his staff, but he's also the front man for the franchise when it comes to putting a face forward to the public and the media.

So you're right in the aspect that Rex has done well with this defense. Unfortunately, that is only a fraction of what he's supposed to do.

Rex's job isn't to be the defensive coordinator. It's to be the head coach.

Head coach entails leading ALL units. That includes offense and special teams. He's responsible for all his players and his staff, but he's also the front man for the franchise when it comes to putting a face forward to the public and the media.

So you're right in the aspect that Rex has done well with this defense. Unfortunately, that is only a fraction of what he's supposed to do.

This.

I don't understand AT ALL how so many fans have no clue as to the difference between doing the job you were promoted and paid to do, versus doing your old job and neglecting all the new responsibilities... that you are being PAID TO DO!

Well, it's not the end of the world for him. He could get rid of some of the shame of having a Mark Sanchez tattoo by turning the 6 into an 8 so it's a Browning Nagle tattoo.

Then it would look like an eight to him upside down too. BONUS!

Remember when fun was made of this:

080211-NFL-Rex-Ryan-Tattoo-JW_20110802142258240_660_320.JPG

The real question is which tattoo came first?

Maybe Rex got the wife/Sanchez ink after the week 1 game against the buffs this year?

Haha, I would hope it at least came before year three of the Rex and Mark show, but regardless, why on earth would he put a "6" on that jersey? Here we have a guy with a closet full of jersies for his wife to don, and he chooses that one?

YIKES!

Considering it depicts her Tebowing too, if it's real I don't think it's old. I also think it could have been his wife picking the number. It's certainly possible she had a hand in picking out what he would have done. It IS an image of her after all.

The News has finally completed the transformation into the National Enquirer. They sent a guy to the Bahamas to hunt Rex down, really?

I replied on Twitter to one of the DN's Giants' beat writer and asked if the DN was still by the newspaper or whether it got moved by the tabloids. His response:

@RVacchianoNYDN

Um ... you know it's a tabloid newspaper, right?

So even their own employees admit to it not even being news.

Archived